• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Enhancement Question

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK. I made me a snazzy woodland gorget.

12/18/17/2/17

Imbued with Fire, Cold and energy resists.

The 18 and 17s are the shown caps for imbuing. Can I now enhance this with frostwood and bump by cold resist to 25? Or will it always fail?

Thanks,
Q

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can try to enhance - the question is will you succeed (as it's a fairly low success chance).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wishes there was a way to tell your exact chance to succeed when enhancing!

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But there IS a chance of success....that's what I was really asking.

The stuff to imbue this with is fairly cheap....so I could burn 100 or so gorgets to get the one I want. Which is no biggie.

Q

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, what gets expensive is pofing them all up to 255 before trying to enhance them.
i made some nice armor and broke them all.. then i decided to not pof them up and got a few nice pieces but only have low durability.. they will last awhile but not a long time :(

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got bags of pof. Was going to do a merchant on them and then the market plumeted. Might as well use some of them.

Q

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got bags of pof. Was going to do a merchant on them and then the market plumeted. Might as well use some of them.

Q
The market for PoF is back now thanks to imbuing. Check around your shard but they went from roughly 40K per before SA to 100K+ after SA. Those are average prices I've seen on Atlantic. So you may want to be a little more conservative with your PoF stash. Just a thought.

-OBSIDIAN-

G

Gelf

Curious, anyone using a gargoyle to enhance? since they r supposed to get a bonus for enhancing