• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Item counts?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Updated 2:00PM, 7/20

So, doing the maps, I'm starting at the bottom and working up to train Remove Trap. In doing so, I've noticed some patterns. Please contribute the information not listed, as I'm still doing my Supply maps and the occasional stash picked up off guardians.

Chest type: People that were already GM LP & Carto seem to get only gold chests for Stash and Supply chests, with iron and rusted chests only appearing on Cache chests and higher. This was true even at about 440 luck (what I had for the first 50+ maps). At 880 and 1780 luck, and GM cartography & LP, chests appeared to be evenly split between the 3 types.

Reagent Bag (When present - Stash Magery maps?): 60 each, all Magery Reagents. Malas chests have been reported to have Necro but I don't have any of those to test.

Gem/Gold Bags:
Gold: Varies by level (report your highs and lows)
1st/Stash: Seen as low as 13.5k, as high as 24k+
2nd/Supply: Seen as high as 49k+
3rd/Cache: out of about 15 done (ter Mur, Malas and Fel), chests have mostly ranged in the 30-35k range. ONE chest had as much as 45k. Not sure how much chest quality played into this, but Supply chests currently seem to have more gold than Cache. Edit :started getting SOME chests that rival Supply gold, but most still average around 30-35k.
4th/Hoard: 45k-65k so far (done only about a dozen)
5th/Trove:
Gems: Varies by level and chest type. It appears from early testing the lowest number is the cap for rusted chests, the second number is cap for iron chests, and the last number is the cap for gold chests. So, if a gold chest, any of the 3 numbers are possible for each gem type, while rusted chests have 9 piles all of the lowest number, and iron chests' gems come in either of the two lower numbers, but not the highest.
1st/Stash: All 9 gems, quantities of 7, 9 or 11.
2nd/Supply: All 9 gems, quantities of 12, 14 or 16
3rd/Cache: (all 9 gems, quantities of 17, 19, or 21
4th/Hoard: All 9 Gems, quantities of 22, 24, or 26
5th/Trove:

Forged Pardons: Multiples possible. I had a level 2 with 2 FP (Assassin Supply)
Minor Artifacts: Found in Level 2 - any others? any multiples?
Traditional Extras (orbs, sashes, skeleton keys, surge shield, etc.): In level 2 - any others? possible multiples of the same item plus others from the list in the same chest. Master Skeleton keys are now in the level 2s. You can get both kinds of keys in the same chest.
Mysterious Fragments: Eight colors found so far. Correspond to the 8 Virtue colors and (with the recent additions to the UO Store) the 8 Soulstone colors.
Octopus Necklaces: Appear to be random in chests, cache chests, one of the 9 gem types. So far I personally have 6 (not yet gotten Amber, Amethyst, or diamond) types, with two extras, from around 100+ cache maps.
Maps: Appear to always be 1 level up. Can get multiple maps in one chest. And, don't forget to check the chest guardians (other than the no-loot blue ones) for maps as well. OBSERVATION (not yet proven): When maps occur in chests that can have Skill Scrolls (see next category), each map appears to TAKE THE PLACE of one of the skill scrolls. Nearly every Hoard chest I've done has had 4 skill scrolls - unless they had maps. The several with 1 map ended up with 3 skill scrolls, and the one Hoard map that had 2 Trove maps, had only 2 Alacrities.
Skill Scrolls: The number of scrolls appears to change based on the level of map, with the types spread between the Blue, Pinks, and (in Fel) Whites. For example, a Hoard can have 4 scrolls, which can be 4 of one type, 2 each of 2 types, etc.
Alacrity Scrolls: Multiples possible. I had several level 2s with 2 SoA. One of Hoards had 4, the other had 2 (plus 2 SOT)
Transcendence Scrolls: Found only a few so far, Trammel maps. Petra reports the official site putting them in levels 1, 4 & 5 only.
Power Scrolls: 105s and 110s (3 total) from Cache chests in Fel, 4 in Hoard. They fit the theme of the chest (casting skills and med in mage, combat skills and Focus in Warrior, thief and combat skills in Assassin, Taming and combat skills in Ranger, Artisan maps get pinks and maybe blues). These MIGHT take the place of Alacrity scrolls in Fel (not enough testing). I did get a peace PS but forget which chest it was from.

New Extras: Shield engraving kits (1 use) in Supply & cache chests; Hourglass table in Cache & Hoard chests.
Skull Items: Got a Skull Gnarled Staff from a Malas Cache, Iron (my first cache dug). Also had a Skull sword from an Ilshenar Hoard. Weapons can be general random loot properties or Exceptional with no properties (no DI) for optimum imbuing (and reforging?).
Ancient Weapon: Start in Cache chests, unless I was really unlucky. 3 different types (1 looks to be a cutlass or scimitar of sorts, one has a basket handguard, the other has a round handguard). Meant for use with Tokuno stealable sword displays.

Equipment items in chest:

Numbers vary by level - does not include any of the specials. Having more than one person present may increase item numbers. Skull items count as Equipment if they are generated with stats. The Plain (but exceptional) Skull items do not seem to count as items in this section.
1st/Stash: 6 Items
2nd/Supply: 8 items
3rd/Cache: 12 items, except assassin (Assassin Cache chests have double items; 24 total - may be a bug)
4th/Hoard: 18 items, all categories.
5th/Trove:

Last edited:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten multiple skeleton keys in a chest. I also got an hourglass table from a Hoard chest. The Hoard chest I did in Fel netted me a 105 & a 110 PS and 22-26 of each gem.

hourglass table.jpg

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Basara - Few things for you to update.

• I have confirmed that necro reags spawn in Malas Mage Stashes. Likewise that Mystic reags spawn in Ter Mur.
  • I've gotten SoT's from several different facets and have gotten them in Supply chests as well as Hoard (assuming they will be in all chests over supply). It does appear that the scrolls in Felucca are higher than other facets (.7 and .6 versus .everything under .5 in other facets)
  • I have opened several chests with Octopus Necklaces. I thought it was just Sapphire Octopus Necklace (as I had 3 all from Malas) but I just dug a Star Sapphire Octopus Necklace up in Ter Mur and it's like a purplish color (rather than greenish). See pics below.
Capture.PNG

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Basara - Few things for you to update.

• I have confirmed that necro reags spawn in Malas Mage Stashes. Likewise that Mystic reags spawn in Ter Mur.
  • I've gotten SoT's from several different facets and have gotten them in Supply chests as well as Hoard (assuming they will be in all chests over supply). It does appear that the scrolls in Felucca are higher than other facets (.7 and .6 versus .everything under .5 in other facets)
  • I have opened several chests with Octopus Necklaces. I thought it was just Sapphire Octopus Necklace (as I had 3 all from Malas) but I just dug a Star Sapphire Octopus Necklace up in Ter Mur and it's like a purplish color (rather than greenish). See pics below.
View attachment 99287
Publish notes say:

Scrolls of Transcendence (All packages, Stash, Hoard & Trove)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Publish notes say:

Scrolls of Transcendence (All packages, Stash, Hoard & Trove)
Hmm... thought they were from Supply chests as I've done the most of those but it is possible they were stash as I'd do those as well just to get some easy attempts in. I'll have to do a few more supply chests to double check that but I'll assume you are right @Petra Fyde

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Updated a little as I start doing Caches

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A couple of friends helped with a level 3 Ter Mur map that was in a rather lethal area (the NE desert area with kepetch, slith, and AT LEAST 5 different Anlorvaglems).

Just from their being present (not even partied) there was 25+ items in the level 3 chest (instead of 12), and apparently a grubber that none of us actually saw, and got away with something.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just from their being present (not even partied) there was 25+ items
I don't think them being present had anything to do with the item count as I've experienced that too when solo'ing maps in Malas/Tram. They were from a cache map that typically would have 12 but if I recall correctly I think they had like 22 items (which threw me off). I think they were both Assassin chests (or maybe 1 assassin and 1 ranger?). I also think they were both just metal chests (not gold) so I couldn't really explain it myself but I was definitely and wasn't in a particularly high spawn area.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just did some Cache chests, none of them in Tram

1. I got my first iron chests and rusted chest (none of my stash or supply were less than gold) - the gem counts were all 17 (no 19, no 21) in the rusted chest. The Iron chests had 17 or 19 (no 21). The gold chests appear to have the full range (up to 21). As NONE of the stash or supply chests I did were less than gold, this pattern wasn't obvious until I got to Cache.
  2. I got an hourglass from a Fel cache, so they aren't just hoard.
  3. I got 3 scrolls each from my fel chests. While the gold had all 110s and the rusted all 105s in my first 3, that was a fluke - and all further chests had a mix regardless of the chest color.
  4. Assassin Cache chests appear to have 2 times or more the base item count than they should. I don't know if that's intentional or a nice bug. I've had 20-30 items (lost count during looting from attacking creatures) in each of them, instead of the 12 items in the other categories of cache chest.
  5. Got an ancient weapon from a cache warrior chest in Fel.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Assassin Cache chests appear to have 2 times or more the base item count than they should. I don't know if that's intentional or a nice bug. I've had 20-30 items (lost count during looting from attacking creatures) in each of them, instead of the 12 items in the other categories of cache chest.
Yea this is what I mentioned earlier about getting 22 items in an assassin chest with nobody partied

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea this is what I mentioned earlier about getting 22 items in an assassin chest with nobody partied
Yes, I had a few of those that confirmed your observation, this time without people helping me with the spawn (my first Assassin Cache was in that nasty Kepetch desert to the far NE of the Royal city, that was crawling with anlorvaglems - I think we killed 5 just trying to dig the map, so I brought backup and the 3 of us STILL died at least once each). The issue doesn't seem to exist with Assassin Stash and Assassin Supply chests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
bump for update.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone seeing what I've been seeing? That, in Hoard maps, each Trove map in the chest seems to reduce the max number of Skill (Alacrity/Transcendence/Power) scrolls by 1?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone seeing what I've been seeing? That, in Hoard maps, each Trove map in the chest seems to reduce the max number of Skill (Alacrity/Transcendence/Power) scrolls by 1?
I've noticed this as well. It seems like the hoard chests typically have 4 paper items (scrolls or maps) so you will typically see a combo of those items and the more maps you get, the less of the others you will see.