• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It is time to begin wrapping up loose ends and move on to a new story

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To each his own, sounds like you're bored. You sure don't represent the majority.

Agreed alot goes left unanswered, but, 2 years isn't squat.

A

Azaroth-

I agree

To mythic/EA:

Your storyline sucks. I still have no idea whatever that moongate ghost nonsense was about, and that Inu npc.

The story is stupid, I have absolutely no idea what any of it is going on about, Blackrock is just another boring subject now (when it was interesting to begin with).

I guess i'm expected to go read 2 years worth of nonsense to actually catch up with all that is going on?

My question is, if i did read all that nonsense, will I know what's going on? or will I still be absolutely clueless?

Nowdays it's always a stupid story which kills the true ultima history and concretes crap in to the future of ultima.. Who wants this? It's like putting in a 3rd movie and killing it when the first two by themselves were great.

Everyone gets involved because there is stupid lame "reward" or gift that you can get. In this quest this black Cloak which everyone is so eager to get. I used to be in that boat once, but you figure out they just do the same thing over and over again. It's not worth it.

I will go have fun guilding and stuff. and join events when they do something GOOD!!!

I

A

Africanus

"The story is stupid, I have absolutely no idea what any of it is going on about, Blackrock is just another boring subject now (when it was interesting to begin with). "

The story line isn't stupid, the problem is all the events lack real consequences. No matter what happens the player base is quite safe. None of this will really affect what we do. What if we did lose some particular event and we might lose particular abilities, would people actually care to win or stay on the honorable path? Or would they stay with, the monsters ain't droppin nothing so I don't care. It's a waste of my time, blah blah blah.

In general I like these events, but I would like to see real consequences that challenge the player base to really fight to keep what they have. What if a new king or government came to power in Ulitma and tried to tax the citizens, and we had the choice whether to overthrow them??? What if the armies of darkness took over towns they conquered? We have no fear of loss nowadays and if people do lose something, they flip out because their expectation of safety is always there. We need consequences to events to make them mean a little more.

G

But But! err can we name ONE story that has ever been completed and the crap laying around removed? now thats a better challenge

I

imported_Splup

About these storylines, Iv prolly never laughed so hard as when I heard couple of mongbats captured our King... Hey C'mon!

I

imported_Splup

I gotta admit I have no idea what is going on in this storyline. I served in army from July 2006 to July 2007 and before that I had one year a break from UO cause I was still thinking that everything was better pre AoS and I don't want to support this game anymore. Few months after I had finished my military service I started playing UO again.

If there is someone who could sum up what is going on with these events? To be honest, I think it would be awesome if someone who has joined all these events and taken screenshots would make a video for us who have no idea what is going on

G

<blockquote><hr>

To each his own, sounds like you're bored. You sure don't represent the majority.

Agreed alot goes left unanswered, but, 2 years isn't squat.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 years isn't squat?!

2 years is longer than many online games last. 2 years is longer than any current online game has ever gone without a major update. We have to compete with other games whether the board warriors like it or not. The game is not living up it's monthly fee in relation to whats currently available for the same or close to the same price. This cannot continue if UO is to continue. Also, it's been well over 2 years. The word we are looking for here is pathetic.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

What if a new king or government came to power in Ulitma and tried to tax the citizens, and we had the choice whether to overthrow them??? What if the armies of darkness took over towns they conquered? We have no fear of loss nowadays and if people do lose something, they flip out because their expectation of safety is always there. We need consequences to events to make them mean a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely second that!!!
Look at the Moonglow event: To a small degree players are actually working together to fight the evil creatures. However, most of the time they just come, kill stuff, look for arties or rares, and they leave again when they don't find anything new. They don't give anything about a storyline which takes longer than 2 minutes of reading to understand. (I admit, I sometimes tend to do the same thing.)

Giving players some reason to really fight for, like the things you mentioned above, would really qualify as an "epic event". I still hope the devs are one day willing to take the risk and start an experiment that will affect the whole shard and every player. An event that forces players to decide whether they want to fight for their freedom or retreat to their home and wait for destiny to strike on them.
Such events are easy to understand. It's all about freedom or suppression. Fighting or retreating. Living or dying. Accepting a system or joinnig the rebellion.

It's straight decisions like these which make a linear and easy to understand storyline that still can be exciting and challenging to ANY player.

By the way, to my opinion, everybody who decides to fight, even the weakest player, should be rewarded one way or the other.