• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It Came from VALOR..... (cue BÖC's "Godzilla")

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Four of us got together to see how far we could push a Rikktor spawn in Ilshenar.

In the end, only Fallen Angel and Gamlin (an archer and a Swords paladin) were left, when we finally made Rikktor appear.

We called in some reinforcement in the form of IllWill. Surely, 3 of us could kill this mighty dragon.

hmmm...

Rikky popped out at 12:30 eastern, or thereabouts.

His healthbar seemed to refuse to move for the first half-hour, even with Gamlin hitting him with 140-150 point Armor Ignores every 3-5 seconds. Fallen even changed to a tamer with a cu for a while, trying to get some progress.

Nothing seemed to cause much effect, but we persevered, slowly whittling down the monster's HP.

The following was taken almost 3 hours into the battle.

Finally, just shy of 4 AM, the horrid creature breathed its last. Each of us had lost about as much insurance as the gold that dropped, but it was the most fun we'd had in months. It took so long that the 1500 or so leather we'd collected from the drakes and dragons in the initial fight had decayed....

I don't remember Rikktor being THAT tough before....

I

imported_Fran Fury

Good job!
Sounds like it was a long hard battle well fought!

I have not done a spawn in quite awhile but I don't remember it being THAT hard. Think they might have overpowered them just a little?

M

MuseDeDannan

they must have tweaked them because I stayed up one night and watched Zeus solo one on Onop with a White Wyrm and all by himself the entire spawn, from pop to power scrolls was two hours.

R

RestlessLA

well they said all the leather decayed... so they were looting/skinning the drakes and dragons... that would certainly cause the fight to last longer.. as for rikki himself, i heard they were making the champs harder during the patch that made the swoop harder but hadnt fought one since then to know first hand, it would seem so if it took that long to take down, unless of course it spawned as a paragon

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

unless of course it spawned as a paragon

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing I asked in ally last night lol

I

imported_tek

I believe they fixed ilsh champs from spawning paragons long ago

G

Yes thank God they did that cuz I get tired of trying to save Tek From Valor Spawns!!!!! Semidar!!!!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
we stopped looting the second Rikktor spawned (I was actually just going for the scales, but the leather kept popping into my pack from the BWC, so I started piling it up on the ground every time I passed by the piles), and got it away from where the dragons spawned. It only took a couple hours to get to him, but part of it was from the fight prior to rikktor being weapon-users only (melee and archery), and getting multiple paragons at inopportune times requiring retreat to rez people (trust me - two paragon dragons at the same time are NOT fun).

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Yes thank God they did that cuz I get tired of trying to save Tek From Valor Spawns!!!!! Semidar!!!!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sighs and stares in fond worship*