• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issues concerning Magincia Stalls

Disco Stu

Visitor
1) Very obvious automated bids placed by the server and not by players. There are a lot better, fair and fun gold sinks than having to stoop to this tactic. It's a low-blow, and not even really an effective gold sink as it just drives bids up an annoying amount without really removing a hundredth of a percentage of the gold that needs to be deleted. Ultimately, it's just an insult.

2) "First Available" bids cost the bidder one price of his/her choosing, but costs ALL current renters that same amount making the cost exponential to the player base. It's sort of like a robo-call that one person can record in a minute, but annoy thousands without effort. Furthermore, I've seen unrented stalls go unclaimed, but I was still hit by that big 2m "First Available" bid against my matching bid. This is either a bug or some seriously evil BS.

3) Many empty vendors standing unattended for months (can someone confirm years?) simply because someone put a plat on them and ran off to play wow for a while. All of us paid the extra 10$ for the right to rent a stall, but it seems unfair that several stalls are simply not available in this way. It's not a house so it shouldn't be held by a subscription, and if it's empty, it's not even holding items in storage. Why can't these be liberated for active players?

4) Some stalls being used for pets players do not want to sell, so they're deliberately overpriced. Can we move these to fel? Pets almost never sell in fel, even at 10% the tram price. Would save these players money and open up more stalls for people who want to play the game.

5) Eaten pets. Some jackass who was renting right next to me bid big on my stall a few weeks back (crappy, but totally legal tactic...so, fine). I was able to collect my profits from the bazaar manager, but my matching bid was not refunded, and because bidding competition was heavy that week, I lost out on a new stall before the week was up so my pets were fed to orphans. I suppose I could have saved them by bidding on a fel stall, but come on, I want to sell pets, not just stable them through an exploit. (see above)