• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issue with Maze game

G

Grumps

Hey guys,
Im new to sims! My friend and I tried playing the maze game. For some unknown reason, we get "defeated" the moment we take the first step. Are there anything that im not knowing?

We thought the skill level might be an issue but i went up to train 1.00 of logic and she's already having 6++ charisma. So whats the problem?

Thanks for your help!

G

they lowered the payouts by so much that the maze game is just useless now.

G

Don't know what you mean by "defeated", my recollection of maze (haven't played it in a while) is that you just try until you get to the end, and however many moves you have to make determines what your payout is. If by defeated you mean your payout is $0, then that just means your skill level is too low, which with 1 point of logic and 6 points of charm might be the issue. I usually don't try until I have 10 point in one skill and have a partner with 10 points in the other, preferrably max in both.

M

MrMiagi

I have 10 points in logic, my friend has 10 points in charisma, we get 12 moves to reach the end, if we fail, we get $0, we always fail because it always takes more than 12 moves to get to the end, so is this game supposed to be impossible in a literal sense or what?

G

Maze was one of the most bot-abused parts of the 'old TSO' so maybe totally nerfing it (rather than mostly nerfing it, as previously) is one of EA's attempts to control botting and stabilise the economy?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have 10 points in logic, my friend has 10 points in charisma, we get 12 moves to reach the end, if we fail, we get $0, we always fail because it always takes more than 12 moves to get to the end, so is this game supposed to be impossible in a literal sense or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you both max your skills, you should have more than 12 moves before you reach 0 pay out, though still not very much, so yeah it sound like EA nerfed the game in an effort to squelch the botters since maze and pizza are the two most commonly botted games, and more real players play pizza legitimately, so maze is what got the kibosh. Also too, you could just be playing it at a time that the payout is really low because of the dynamic pricing. Yesterday I watched jams go from $128 to $33 a carton with the same number of people jamming last night. We tried to convince the owner that this was because of the dynamic payouts and that he needed to have more money objects on the lot than just jams, but he didn't seem to believe it, he was under the impression that dynamic payouts meant something else entirely, so people ended up having to leave to go find out as what was paying out the most. I had to log off to give Dave the computer before I found out what object it was.
Oh well, I made about $1500 simoleans before the payouts decreased, so at least I was able to get caught up on some tips I hadn't been able to make cuz of being broke LOL

G

Grumps

<blockquote><hr>

Don't know what you mean by "defeated", my recollection of maze (haven't played it in a while) is that you just try until you get to the end, and however many moves you have to make determines what your payout is. If by defeated you mean your payout is $0, then that just means your skill level is too low, which with 1 point of logic and 6 points of charm might be the issue. I usually don't try until I have 10 point in one skill and have a partner with 10 points in the other, preferrably max in both.

[/ QUOTE ]
Defeated: The moment i take the first move (one block), my sim is popped out and they say my payout is $0. The top left action queue shows another item named "Defeated".

I believe the stat issue may be the case. I'll try to increase my skill point to further test this! Thanks alot!

G

I wonder if its because EA detected bots being used for maze

Bad apples always spoiling it for the whole bunch.