• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] issue with imbuing mana leech

H

house4saleUO

Ok not sure it this is intended or is a bug. Here are the weapon stats:

Kryss:
Hit Lightning 28%
Swing Speed Inc. 40%
Damage Inc. 50
Phis Damage 100
Durability 61/61
Made of iron

Diamond Mace:
Hit lightning 44%
Mana Leech 42%
luck 68
Damage Inc. 38
Phis. Damage 100
Duribility 60/60
Made f iron

Now heres the kicker. When I try to imbue mana leech. The kryss only allows me 31% makes 110 intensity and weighed property 434 of 450.
The mace allows me 75% HML at 110 intensity and only gives weighed property of 377 of 450. Now how can this be??? And also the kryss still has room for about another 2 to 3% before it hits 450. I guess you have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the X and Y's of imbueing. UGG:stretcher:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question: Have you not played UO in 3 years?

3 years ago, they changed the way that intensity for Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech are displayed, as well as how they worked.

Before, they were a flat 2-50% displayed intensity, with 50% being 100% actual intensity. The displayed intensity was the chance that you'd get 30% (hit life leech) or 40% (hit mana leech) of the damage you did as a refill of that property (note that Stamina leech still works like this, at 100% of damage done). Note that this was damage conversion, not actually taking away additional points from your opponent.

NOW, HOWEVER....

The intensity is still 2-50%, but that's not the displayed number.

The Displayed Number is the intensity, times a modifier based on the FINAL (after factoring in SSI) swing speed for the weapon.

You now get 1%-(displayed number)% times the 30% (life leech) or 40% (mana) back on EVERY HIT.

As a result, 100% intensity (50% before factoring in swing speed) now can be displayed 100% on slow weapons, or as low as 30% or so on extremely fast weapons.

And, why do you need 40% SSI on a Kryss anyway? The weapon tops out at maximum swing speed with 30% SSI, well below the maximum Dex/base stamina of a character (Weapon speed 2s = 8 ticks, 30% SSI = -1 tick, 90 Stamina = -3 ticks, and I don't think one can swing faster than once every 4 ticks, if not 5 or 6). A 50% Stamina Leech kryss is much better than having any SSI at all on it, for 99% of users.

S

Sir Kenga

I guess he has general's weapon with 40ssi already on it :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:lol: They really dont make it easy to become a crafter.
It's hard enough to train crafter skills only to find that once you reach that 120 level, you have to take an Advanced applied mathematics course just to understand what the heck everyone else is on about.
Then not forgetting to take the Imbuing degree after.
i have no idea what all those numbers mean, but i do know i've probably been using the wrong weapon now for the last 3 years :stretcher: