• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issue Customizing

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant seem to get into customization mode. I keep getting the message about re-deeding lock downs and such. I keep thinking I have it all, but still get the message. HELP!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did you get items like gozas, elven dressers, vet reward shields/skeletons etc.?

Might be good to just double check, unlock and axe all addons in the house.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get items like gozas, elven dressers, vet reward shields/skeletons etc.?

Might be good to just double check, unlock and axe all addons in the house.
I guess that will be my next step, thank you.

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most times, it's those darn Fountains of Life.
If you have any placed, say "I wish to release this" on the fountain, then use an axe to re-deed it.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now its not letting me take down the shields. Im getting frustrated. Been gone way too long, this is a mess, lol.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want some help pm me soon and I'll come see what I can do I got a few hours between class I'll be watching episodes of community and checking the forum in between let me know.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I was on lunch from work when I posted that. To make a long story short, account had been stolen sometime when I quit years back. Got it back, had all my stuff and then some, plus a super nice house, full of deco...I just dont care for living in Malas. I have no clue what is what, im still re-learning the game as is and this isnt helping. Maybe this weekend we can get together and you can assist?

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some things need unlocking by owner .Page a GM and ask him to re-deed items from previous owner that won't let you take down

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM has not been super helpful, I keep trying to get them to help, and they give me the run around. This is killing my UO fun time, lol...oh well, back at it another day.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, You still can't get into custom mode?

What shard are you on?
Maybe you just need a fresh set of eyes to look and see if there's any other deeded items you may be overlooking.
It probably really is a bug, nothing to do with you overlooking something but it couldn't hurt.

If you let me know shard, facet, coords etc and if its public I'm willing to come look. I'm not really customize guru - that would def be Vlad - but I know my deco items. haha ;)

On top of that I'd suggest submitting a bug report: Feedback | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Possibly PMing or emailing Mesanna. I know she's crazy swamped but if you submit the report, have tried paging gms multiple times, and have had other people come look to see if you missed anything.. Messaging her might be the best way to go.

I know there's always been a bug with items falling through the floor and getting stuck under your house, I wonder if that could happen with a deed or deeded item.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now its not letting me take down the shields. Im getting frustrated. Been gone way too long, this is a mess, lol.
The shield might be locked down.
The shield works the same way as the holiday tree, and trophy head deeds, but you can lock them down to raise or lower them in place.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that's a really good point Michelle,
And a really good thing I should post up one day (Deeded items that lock down)

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM has not been super helpful, I keep trying to get them to help, and they give me the run around. This is killing my UO fun time, lol...oh well, back at it another day.

First you must find what it is that is preventing you from going into customization mode.
Then you might start the request for GM to make sure he reads it,by expressing the object name :

"unable to use the customization mode until (blank) is removed by a GM ,It says must be removed by previous owner.

C

Capn Kranky

Make sure no Fountain of Health is setup either. They must be taken down before customizing. Typically you should receive a message that some items need removal. Check your journal (CTRL-J) if you don't run with it up.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I just spent the last hour with a GM, and try and try as we did...still no luck. I removed all sorts of containers and items and house still isnt able to customize. Im going to remove what I can to a back up house and see what I can come up with. Due to limited play time this may take awhile. By the way, thanks to GM Akemai for spending time trying to help me. Sad faces all around...

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you removed all vet rewards and addons including any elven forges and furny. also the boiling cauldron and ladders?

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well like I said I had a GM helping me, he turned my house inside out, went thru all my stuff. Stumped him, stumped me, now Im going to go as far as moving everything to my fel house in one last attempt b4 I just sell or demolish/replace. Anyone willing to meet up with me tonight on ATL around 9 mountain time let me know, another eye would help.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AH HA! I found a boiling cauldron stashed behind some small wall that I had to move items to access. Now if only I can make it go away. Btw I think this house was designed by Vlad, found a book that says dont you dare re-customize in a box. Sorry...but I must.

C

Capn Kranky

I think you can use object handles to target items ... release the cauldron by targeting the object handle. Grab it the same way. If that does not work, then the GM may be able to assist an "unreachable" thing.

C

Capn Kranky

yeah, but that fact he notes it was behind a wall and stuff makes me believe the structure WAS meant to not be customized - easily. <shrug>

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I was able to remove a rubble made wall to access the boiling cauldron, how ever I cant re-deed it still. This is actually starting to entertain me rather than annoy, but anyways, now that I know the issue I will keep on with the GM pages and waste my limited play time with that for now.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
possibbly one a different level

:danceb:
if gozas were used somtimes they are on a level you cannot get on to reach them try lowering or raising the desired items if they can be lowered lower them all the way down then they can be released or axed. If it wont let you lower lock it wodn real quick.

might help

?

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG...after what seems like YEARS I can finally customize. Praise the lord and pass the beans!!!

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Coughs* I did offer to help didn't I? LMAO glad I stumped the GM with my "Lock" that's what it was there for... and it wasn't just under walls it was under chopped tables thank you very little....

Thanks for proving to me once again GMs have no clue what they are doing... *Grins*