• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Islands costing 1 million simoleans in EA land

M

MrMiagi

Every single island i've found with 4 beaches has a purchase fee of over 1 million simoleans, or 1000 USD if you translate that into real money, why have these been made so expensive?

G

Yep, I wonder if our banks will count EA Land as a property investment and give us loans.

C

Carter'

wow this is crazy why would they be so high and no one has any money? lol maybe the will fix it who knows...

G

Someone once spent $100,000 on a 'virtual space station' in Project Entropia (link) and Anshe Chung, a Second Life player, has built a business empire with assets of over a million dollars all from an initial $10 investment... so a $1000 island is pretty much a bargain - and private regions in Second Life cost $1675 to buy and $295 a month in rental

Maybe it's a cheater trap though? I remember the "DC exploit" where, in the space of a week, someone had plonked a size 8 island on a private plot. It was pretty obvious that they'd discovered some way to manufacture money, and their own greed in wanting to get there first was their eventual downfall.

G

islands have always been more expensive. in old tso they were selling in the hundreds of millions. I sold 1 once for 5 mystic trees. I really don't see the great attraction but hey to each his own i guess. 1 mil is not really that bad, but hey theres what now 5 different city locations within ealand now? I'm sure there are some unbought islands in some of those locations still.

I

Inge Jones

In SecondLife where you can go up a tall building and look out across your island, or sit on the beach and look out to sea, you can sort of understand wanting to pay a premium for an island location. But what's the point where the only thing it gets you is blue round the edges of your lot instead of grey?

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

islands have always been more expensive. in old tso they were selling in the hundreds of millions. I sold 1 once for 5 mystic trees. I really don't see the great attraction but hey to each his own i guess. 1 mil is not really that bad, but hey theres what now 5 different city locations within ealand now? I'm sure there are some unbought islands in some of those locations still.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd sell mine for umm... 20 mystic trees lol

Cat.