• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is your tame chicken worth 25k?

• Thread starter Reachwind
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Reachwind

That's right folks this Saturday at 7pm Server time, it's time for a fight at the YMCA! Help the free folk (UGB) spread awareness about the plight of the poor, homeless beggars of Sonoma and possibly win a 25,000 gold prize! The rules are simple two chickens enter one chicken leaves with no outside interference. So get yourself a tame chicken and drop an email to [email protected] to enter yourself and your chicken in the contest.

First place: <font color=blue>25,000 gold</font color=blue>
Second place: <font color=blue>15,000 gold</font color=blue>

Best chicken name: <font color=blue>5,000 gold</font color=blue>
All other entrants will recieve a <font color=blue>500</font color=blue> gold trainer pay check.

R

Reachwind

I was recently asked if this was a joke.... no it's not. There will be a chicken fight at the YMCA this Saturday with a 25,000 gold prize for the winner.

D

DemanKnght

Hey im in, gonna find me that magic chicken and have him sit outside the fence at Moon's graveyard and have him work his magery.. :) Yeah, I like that Fluffy the firestriker... pending lag me and my chicken are as good as there this weekend.. skip the prize its the bragging rights i want. hehe...

MooneyFodder
Sonoma

S

sundown198

New to sonoma where is the YMCA

Cutter Kinseeker, General - Archery Divison, TGG
Annabell, GM Swordswoman

R

Reachwind

Right across the road from the Yew Graveyard in Felucca. It is the Large Tower with the hedges and benches on the front lawn.

G

we're allowed to train em right? (just makin sure that's not considered "outside interferance" :)

R

Reachwind

Yes in fact I would almost say that training the chickens would be as funny as the actual fight...get a screen shot ;)

So far if all goes well we have at least 2 fights scheduled with the winners of the two fights fighting for the big purse!

G

k, im confused about something, sorry, happens a lot to me, hehe. so did the contest already start, or is it on saturday?

by the way, last time i tried to post with pictures(the quest on that thursday right before the connection problems started), it didnt work.... i had like 50 screen shots too, only put 15 of em up though, but it kept screwin up, so i never posted it...

N

Ningauble of HOG

Okay, Im off this weekend, istead of once again assaulting the Shadowlords stronghold, perhaps Ian will tame and train a chicken. DaColonel will come into the ring and smash all comers!! Truth be told I used to go to the Jhelom barnyard and work provo by provoking chickens to attack things. Me and my mighty chicken hoarde were killing everything in there......it was so damn funny and entertaining that I almost forgot I was working a skill.

Im Glorious, own a castle, and the ladies are STILL unimpressed.....is it because Im only an inch tall?

N

Ningauble of HOG

Actually come to think of it, I wonder how many trained chickens I would need to kill Sparhawk :) Could be the latest faction weapon, nevermind the white wyrms, DaColonel and the Big Pecker brigade is goin in!!

Im Glorious, own a castle, and the ladies are STILL unimpressed.....is it because Im only an inch tall?

S

sse_goku

LOL,How exactly you train a chicken or that a fig of speech?

<center>
SSE GOKU of Sonoma </center>

R

Reachwind

You could provoke two ogres to fight each other and have your chicken attack one of them... I'll bet that chicken would be hellavu tough like Mr.T after a few hours of that.

S

sse_goku

I mean can you seriously train animals in UO*Listens to Anthrax's Bring the Noise*I dont know if you can,If you can the next account i get this saturday will have a damn tamer.

<center>

R

Reachwind

Yes tame animals that have been trained ie fought and won battles are more powerful than untamed never trained animals.

D

*Draven*

Lol Ning I thought of making a tamer PK..but only having enough skills to train like dogs and stuff..just get a huge horde and clog up a screen with the some someone can't move and ALL KILL omg even if you never got a kill a chicken PK would be the funniest damn thing I ever seen..

Draven - GM Bard/GM Mage
Fletch - GM Lumberjack

N

Ningauble of HOG

Actually Draven I went red PK'ing people in Moonglow on Great Lakes once with my weenie tamer and his wolfpack.

Goku....listenin to Anthrax, I knew you were a really cool kid :) How do ya think my bard/tamer Ian got his name.......Scott Ian of Anthrax :)

S

sse_goku

Well I never noticed till you told me you listened to Anthrax but ive listened to them for about a year. I can send you the song I have to verify it as Anthrax.

<center>

N

Ningauble of HOG

Just tell me the name of the tune bro, if its Anthrax I can tell ya what CD its from and what year they wrote it too........LOL I may not know sh*t about sh*t, but if its a band Im into or somethin I generally know my stuff

R

Reachwind

Well... not sure about how legal the fights are... but I can tell you from watching the training... they are damn funny.

S

sse_goku

Ok well I've looked n' looked and found it. It was the collaboration (or whatever it is spelled)of "BRing the Noise" with Chuck D of Public Enemy and Anthrax which is the song i probly like the most,Also found my Anthrax cd which wasnt in bad condition from where i found it.

<center>

S

sundown198

Anthrax did do a couple of rap songs there was the colab on Bring THe Noise and also a rap song the did several versions of that the name slips my mind at the moment i just rember it talking about smell my sock no feet you f**king moron

Cutter Kinseeker, General - Archery Divison, TGG
Annabell, GM Swordswoman

S

sse_goku

I just heard Anthrax's original(without public enemy) Bring the Noise,AND DAMN!! Sounds alot diffrent.

<center>

S

SparHawk Jr.

A lot of people train their animals...
Just try to catch phix or yox on their reg horses...they train them up a lot...prolly have 2x the stam of a normal reg horse, easy.

N

Ningauble of HOG

hehe, just wait Spar, Im comin for ya bro. Nav hasnt gotten back into TB yet cuz the freakin stone is full again. But I did get Ian back in. Hell, I die every time I even THINK of going to the SL stronghold, dont be surprised if I show up there with a dozen chickens just for the hell of it.....LOL

*Ning sits in house thinking perhaps I will raid the SL's today*
*AAAARRRRGGGHHH*
*Ning falls over dead*

Honest, thats the way it happens

N

Ningauble of HOG

Actually Goku, Anthrax doing Bring the Noize was solely a colab between them and PE. Bring the noize was originally a PE song, not Anthrax. Anthrax did their other rap song "Im the Man" on an EP of the same name back in 84-85 which was quite revolutionary for the time. They also re-released it on Attack of the Killer B's back in 91, as Im the Man '91. That however wasnt a collab between them and PE. Back when they did Im the Man the only other white-boy metal-rap going was Beastie Boys who went from a punk band back in the day to the rap-metal stars they are known as when they released License to Ill at about the same time. Why Im elabortating on this I will never know......LOL

S

sse_goku

Well I listened to this Bring the noise a little harder and found out that Limp Bizkit was doing it(WHAT THE ARE THEY THINKING THESE DAYS!!?!?!?). But the only cd of Anthrax I have left is Sound of White Noise. Thank you for all the info on that,clears up everything i think....Unless i icq you and ask you somethin about Anthrax.

<center>

E

eXcalibur

hmmm I wonder if it's to late to get in on this? hehehe *pulls out his 7xgm chicken named Clucker* hehehe.....

R

Raskolnikov

7x gm chicken?

what are its skills?

GM anatomy
GM tactics
GM wrestling
GM magic resist
GM egging
GM clucking
GM flying (lol)

S

Sonoma Sam

<blockquote><hr>

GM clucking
GM flying

<hr></blockquote>

Say that 10 times fast...but not in front of the kiddos.

OK really, I just learned how to do the quote thing and wanted to see if it works...

E

evilmoocowgod

Whoa.. talk about digging something out of its grave... Old post....

L

luthian dargoth

good grief.. somebody had alot of time to dig this one out of the dust...

L

Lord Mym

Hail and well met fellow Britainians. My name is Mym and I would like to have my beloved (BrewSter) the Roster compete in the YMCA (censored) fight. I believe he will be quite a good fighter, as I have had him for some time on my farm and he has guarded the hen nest from all types of egg snatch mongrals. What yee say? Am I in?
Reachwind, I tried to send you a email but had errors, I will try again, but just in case will this get me in?

Many thanks
Mym

I

imported_Maelwyn

Mym you may want to check the date on that original post by Reachwind. It's over a year old.

Seems that some perpatrator, not to name any names *coughs* (Hector Firebrand) *cough*, is diggin up oooold threads to amuse himself. Don't know why he can't just look up dirty pics on the internet like everyone else.

This chicken fight is long over and Reachwind is not even playing UO anymore.

L

Lord Mym

Ahhh!!!!! good grief.... I new this medication messed with my mind but I thought I had it under control ( Dang that Doctor) the only warrning was do not operate heavy machenery or drive it didn't say anything about reading arggg hehehe
Thanks a mil but hey that sounds like a good event to have /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Mym

S

Sonoma Sam

actually, THis one lays squarely on eX's lore keeper shoulders

E

eXcalibur

*smacks Sam* shhh if he wants to blame it on someone else lol...... hehehe