• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is UOForums dead?

B

blust4

Stratics just lost its major competition I think.

Does this mean UO community become weaker and weaker? And unfortunately UO itself will be dead in the not-so-distant future?

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm, not sure what your talking about but UOForums is just fine. Alive and well thanks.

Oh and we're NOT competition for Stratics, we serve the gaming community just as they do and Stratics does a great job of it!

LOL, and so do we.

L

Limlight

Only if dead means alive and only if I now suddenly hate cookies...

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks like it's just down for maintenance/upgrades.

The "I hope" message reads to me like the call of the webmaster, when upgrading anything, the general rule is there's a chance everything will explode into a thousand pieces and you'll have to spend days fixing things. :D

S

Sheridan

Stratics just lost its major competition I think.

Does this mean UO community become weaker and weaker? And unfortunately UO itself will be dead in the not-so-distant future?
I don't think we've ever viewed one another as competition. And isn't it a pretty weak stretch to go from a situation like a Web site down for maintenance/upgrades to Chicken Little statements portenting the end of all things UO?

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alive, well and still plenty of cookies in the cookie jar :)

And yep ... Not competitors ... just different focuses, styles, owners .... UO Forums is and always has been dedicated to the UO player and the community behind the players

*cookie thumb up Sheridan* well said :)

A

AdamD

We're not dead, we're just moving to another server real quick....(I hope anyways, heh)

We were outgrowing our old server a bit and it was starting to slow the forums down.

S

Sheridan

Thanks for the update, Adam. Hopefully you won't be down as long as we were! ;)

A

AdamD

Heh, nah, it's up already
Well, for those who's ISP's update their DNS records promptly, at least.

A

AdamD

Should be settled now
After moving into the data centre the server dissapeared off the net for a few hours
Apparently one of the fibre optic links failed, heh
Bad timing I guess.

K

Kith Kanan

running fine :)

now if that dude UOGuyz would respond to his pm's or his own threads ......