• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is UO Stratics only for OSI/EA/Official servers?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There seem to be huge fanbases for some of the "unofficial private shards."

I myself, like to think I am a Stratics guys. Been here for yeeeaaarrrrsssssssssssss. But the most fun I have had on UO lately has been on a private shard. (Outlands.)

Would stratics be opposed to a sub forum for those shards?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You Tube is full of videos from Outlands. I myself have never played a freeshard, only experimented with an emulator.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I myself, like to think I am a Stratics guys. Been here for yeeeaaarrrrsssssssssssss. But the most fun I have had on UO lately has been on a private shard. (Outlands.)

They have their own section already.

a wizard

Journeyman

Stratics is barely a forums for retail UO anymore. It's mostly just an over moderated trades forum. Any new/returned/random person who hits the front page would think this site was long abandoned, articles from 2015 are still up there as "recent".

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’d immediately stop reading here if I had to sort through random shard advertisements. I’m glad it’s only for OSI

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stratics is barely a forums for retail UO anymore. It's mostly just an over moderated trades forum. Any new/returned/random person who hits the front page would think this site was long abandoned, articles from 2015 are still up there as "recent".
The articles are so old because we have no active reporters left to write new content. There used to be over 50 reporters actively writing things for the site monthly in the glory days, compared to none now. People are welcome to volunteer to join the staff as reporters if they'd like to write content for the site. It's a much easier approval process than for a moderator, since they don't have any power over other people's accounts.

As for over-moderated....I'm one of only 3 active moderation staff, and I can tell you firsthand, we do practically nothing anymore. There are maybe 2 reports a week that come in, and maybe one warning sent out per month on average for the last year. That's hardly over-moderated. Compared to when I joined in 2014 when there were 50+ reports per week and 20+ warnings per month.

Stratics is no longer an official UO fan forum (since a few months I think).
It stopped being the official forum years ago actually, once the developers made their own forum.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for over-moderated....I'm one of only 3 active moderation staff, and I can tell you firsthand, we do practically nothing anymore. There are maybe 2 reports a week that come in, and maybe one warning sent out per month on average for the last year. That's hardly over-moderated. Compared to when I joined in 2014 when there were 50+ reports per week and 20+ warnings per month.
LOL I guess I am the one that gets your one per month, so far I haven't gotten one this month. Guess your one mode that loves me is slipping.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The articles are so old because we have no active reporters left to write new content. There used to be over 50 reporters actively writing things for the site monthly in the glory days, compared to none now. People are welcome to volunteer to join the staff as reporters if they'd like to write content for the site. It's a much easier approval process than for a moderator, since they don't have any power over other people's accounts.

It stopped being the official forum years ago actually, once the developers made their own forum.

Back in the old days you would log into the page and see over 100 new posts in under 24hrs away.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These pages used to be so active you could hit refresh a few hours later and see 5 or 6 new topics. Now it's pretty much the same ones, and they rarely move, but in Stratics defense, it's just as bad or worse over at the official forums.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These pages used to be so active you could hit refresh a few hours later and see 5 or 6 new topics. Now it's pretty much the same ones, and they rarely move, but in Stratics defense, it's just as bad or worse over at the official forums.
I recall when there were loads of helpful and good articles here... and when the DEVs actually posted here (but I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to anymore)... pity that... their forum is pretty much just stupid questions posed by certain people trying to get them to make the game even more difficult... or they are just pompom waving... anything posted there that is actually something that doesn't pat them on the back is swiftly locked, blocked or removed...

Having pretty much completed my survey of Skara Brae I can say it's in somewhat better shape than Trinsic... though it doesn't really have any buildings with more than one level so doesn't have the carpet moth problem that Trinsic does... However, almost every Loom on every shard is broken(pulled apart) at the Tailors... and nearly all of the ovens and fireplaces are duplicated and broken on the Mainland in Skara ... I did find a few duplicated chairs which seems to be mostly at the Town Hall... my guess is from chairs getting added ages and ages ago... this is mostly in Fel not Tram... Trinsic had far more duplicate chair issues.

I found a few really lovely Community Centers (at the Counselors Hall) in both Tram and Fel on some shards... but by far the nicest version of Skara Brae I found with the most deco was Pacific Fel. Very nice someone back then really loved it.

Trinsic Fel also needs someone with a broom to clean up the debris all over the Paladins Hall ... it's a shambles and disgraceful that it is left in such a state. Just my opinion and observation... Such a sorry state.

Perhaps I'll attempt to write up some sort of article about each of the cities as I finish them. I can see however at the rate I'm going this is going to take a good long while... But so far it's been interesting to see the various differences between the shards.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Theno probably means official fansite, Stratics was removed from the official fansite listings page within the last year or so.
That makes sense. I didn't know that page existed, but it's amazingly petty of them to remove Stratics from it, this has always been the top UO related site by far.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That makes sense. I didn't know that page existed, but it's amazingly petty of them to remove Stratics from it, this has always been the top UO related site by far.
Thats sad. A few of those link to closed sites, I only saw 1 that has been posted on this year another latest post 2019. UOGuide is very out of date. But it works for most of the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thats sad. A few of those link to closed sites, I only saw 1 that has been posted on this year another latest post 2019. UOGuide is very out of date. But it works for most of the game.

UOGuide while terribly out of date is still one of the best sites for finding information about things that are "older" well written and all...
Can't say I could do better as I'm not into software or maintaining a fansite or any of that... or working up such a base of information.

Sadly even here certain things are no longer maintained. Used to be a nice database for finding out about old gift information... and things.. however, since a certain someone isn't here anymore it is no longer maintained...

Also... the "official" Forum... where most of that went to... is stripped down to the very basics... has zero actual useful information in it... It no longer says what the color IDs were or any of that... It no longer has any images of the items in question... just a random list ..... very basic. Doesn't say anything about the "rare" hues or anything just a very, very basic listing. Sad. Like they want to keep everything some "mystery" or secret... don't know why...

Nothing seems to be up to date anymore except the EM Drop stuff.

Tauron

Visitor
UOGuide while terribly out of date is still one of the best sites for finding information about things that are "older" well written and all...
Can't say I could do better as I'm not into software or maintaining a fansite or any of that... or working up such a base of information.

Sadly even here certain things are no longer maintained. Used to be a nice database for finding out about old gift information... and things.. however, since a certain someone isn't here anymore it is no longer maintained...

Also... the "official" Forum... where most of that went to... is stripped down to the very basics... has zero actual useful information in it... It no longer says what the color IDs were or any of that... It no longer has any images of the items in question... just a random list ..... very basic. Doesn't say anything about the "rare" hues or anything just a very, very basic listing. Sad. Like they want to keep everything some "mystery" or secret... don't know why...

Nothing seems to be up to date anymore except the EM Drop stuff.
If you mean the database of objects, with a lot of effort I found it too. Apparently it still appears to be updated by someone as last year's event awards are still listed. Then obviously I don't know if other things have been given, but I admit that there are some items that have generally been lost, usually on ultimaonlinerares.com I find items that don't exist on that database.

UOstratics database

I'm sorry if the posts on UOEmu have bothered the users on the forum, honestly being a fan of Ultima in general I rate this one of the most reliable places where you can learn about the dynamics and mechanisms of the game, so when I was assured that there were no problems in posting on UOEmu I took advantage of it.

If it should be a problem I can also ask for the post to be removed.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry if the posts on UOEmu have bothered the users on the forum, honestly being a fan of Ultima in general I rate this one of the most reliable places where you can learn about the dynamics and mechanisms of the game, so when I was assured that there were no problems in posting on UOEmu I took advantage of it.

Don't be sorry :)

You can post there if you like. Not everyone hates free shards and that old guard will be gone long before free shards are. The future looks bright for the Emu scene. Production shards? Not so much.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you mean the database of objects, with a lot of effort I found it too. Apparently it still appears to be updated by someone as last year's event awards are still listed. Then obviously I don't know if other things have been given, but I admit that there are some items that have generally been lost, usually on ultimaonlinerares.com I find items that don't exist on that database.

UOstratics database

Nothing wrong with posting there.

Yes all the EM drop items are updated and all but I'm talking about the Christmas and other gift items and rares from that and the hues of the items and details of them... Like all the sayings from the Dragons on Pedestals and such ... now you can find that information if you seriously dig and try it is here on the forums... usually, but as for that being saved to a database and posted anywhere at all no... you will not find that. Nor will you find the colors of the rare boxes and such... that stuff you will again have to dig through here on the forums and hope to find someone posting about it... or you will have to ask people who collect such things as all that information that used to be kept by certain someones who I won't name has all been stripped away from everywhere... it was once on the "official" forum... but it was for some reason stripped down to the very basic of listings now.