• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is UO paving the way for Warhammer?

L

love2winalot

Hail: I just thought of this. A while back a lot of posters thought the current plot was paving the way for the release of stygin abyss. Clearly it is not, as SA seems to have never made it off the drawing board. But what about Warhammer Online?

Players grouping together in different factions to save their city, and conquor other cities. The current event in UO. Choose a side, Factions involved, Towns being raided, Spawn being beefed up, and who knows what else.

Kind of looks like a way to get UO players who like this type of event, a taste of it, and then sign up for Warhammer. Maybe? Thoughts? :popcorn:

G

galefan2004

They don't need to give EA fans a reason to sign up for WAR. They are already going to do so. I can't wait till it comes out because it will definately be something I want to play. It looks a lot more like DAoC than UO though.

However, it wouldn't be the first time that one game bleed into another. When they first partnered with EA, Mythic did some stuff in DAoC that looked exactly like it belong in UO and not in DAoC.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think UO paved the way for most of the MMO's out there today. That said, I don't think the event and faction changes have anything to do with Warhammer Online. Factions needs to be improved on a number of levels. I am hopeful that the knowledge Mythic has with RvR in DAoC and WAR will spill over into UO and help improve Factions.

F

Fayled Dhreams

google : Optometrists
Then ... well, then try the word "clearly"
or perhaps a community college class in logic?

either way ... optometrist first

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more likely scenario is that they're simply stealing ideas from warhammer. Saves time when you only have to think up 1 game concept.

Doesn't really matter though, there's nothing EA could possibly do to get me to play another one of their games. After seeing what they've done to UO, I hope warhammer flops and they all get canned.