• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is trapping like this illegal???

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We got in troubke because of monster blocking, but at one point the would destroy crates, dont know why they dont anymore.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
back in the days of factions these tactics got uses a LOT!
the GM's got tired of getting paged and finally told everyone that using blocking in Faction Bases is 100% legal, but anywhere else in game..... you get slapped with a ban.

so the fella who saw your recall spot to your house and set up a ambush for you should have picked up his bag ball when he was done.
not like a GM would have shown up in the 20 seconds it would take for him to kill ya and pick up the bagball.
and GMs dont accept screen shots.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Technically I believe this is ok. I do not believe a player counts as a block… they can be pushed through with full stamina. If you used 2 bagballs in conjunction with the tree and banner then it would be illegal.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Player definitely doesn't count as a block. I've been paged on for this before it's amusing.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've known people to get their accounts suspended for blocking animals with bag balls but it's been a while.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember when the void pool first started up I would block with some plants. Until one time they started exploding on me. Scared the crap out of me. Someone had a sense of humor and I got their subtle message. And you know plants do blend in well outside and I always thought that it's nice to landscape your neighborhood.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In almost all cases a better question would be "is paging on this likely to result in action." The answer is no. Whether or not it's allowable by the rules of the game is a secondary question at best. It's always been this way, and it has worked in both directions (disallowed actions not resulting in action by GMs, specifically allowed actions resulting in action by GMs).

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In almost all cases a better question would be "is paging on this likely to result in action." The answer is no. Whether or not it's allowable by the rules of the game is a secondary question at best. It's always been this way, and it has worked in both directions (disallowed actions not resulting in action by GMs, specifically allowed actions resulting in action by GMs).
Very true. I'll just pick up one of the bagballs immediately after I kill you a few times and tell the GM that there was a path to get out but I was standing there. At that point it's your word against mine and no actions will be taken so it may as well be legal, unless you're using it in PvM to keep mobs out of melee range, which I will also do from time to time.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very true. I'll just pick up one of the bagballs immediately after I kill you a few times and tell the GM that there was a path to get out but I was standing there. At that point it's your word against mine and no actions will be taken so it may as well be legal, unless you're using it in PvM to keep mobs out of melee range, which I will also do from time to time.
Everything is legal until you're caught, and then only if you lose the argument.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have done it to keep a satyr in a smaller area. Gave him a 4x4 to move around while i trained. And he coukd still provoke onto me, so all fair

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wondering how blocking people with bagballs (that can be moved) would be illegal compared to a group of reds cross e-fielding star room so that a warrior is trapped and cannot move until the field drops.... I've seen much more of that than I have people using bagballs