• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this what I need to do?

G

My hubby has decided that he wants to renew his account in time for amnesty once I told him of all the changes having already been made, to come, and that he could be eligible for amnesty signing up for the free account at first. Problem is, all he can remember is the account name, not the password *or* the e-mail he signed up with. Well, I *think* I remember the e-mail but when I tried to log into that e-mail account it had been closed for inactivity, and I KNOW its not the current e-mail he's using cuz that wasn't created until after he'd already quit.

The website says to contact customer support, but anybody that posts here knows what a joke that is, either by e-mail or telephone, so my thought is that the right thing to do is to PM Parizad, so I am going to search the threads to find out her exact user name (Parizad@EA"something"?) and do that, but I figured I'd ask if that was the right thing to do so I could do the right thing without waiting for a message from her, since I know they are very busy right now, and amnesty deadline is only a week away. Thoughts?

M

Mystic Kitty

If they email address has been closed for inactivity, you could probably sign up for the same email address and then try to recover the password.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If they email address has been closed for inactivity, you could probably sign up for the same email address and then try to recover the password.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a different e-mail now though, and a different ISP. I've PM'd Parizad (Parizad@EA if anybody else needs it) and hope to hear from her to see how to proceed
) Thanks for trying, though!

I

imported_Shirl1211

If you paid by credit card or atm card and still know that account number, EA may be able to locate the old account through that. It seems to me that I had a similar problem in 2004 but I think it was for my pogo account but if i'm not mistaken, EA owns that too. Good luck with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you paid by credit card or atm card and still know that account number, EA may be able to locate the old account through that. It seems to me that I had a similar problem in 2004 but I think it was for my pogo account but if i'm not mistaken, EA owns that too. Good luck with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the debit card is no longer valid, we've moved state to state since then and there's no banks of that type here, and of course we did not keep the debit card number since that account had been closed so there was nothing active with that as the billing card number. By now I'm sure that card would have expired by now anyway considering hubby quit in 2004, 2005 at the latest and this is 2008 and those cards generally only have a 3-5 year life before the exp date is reached.

Hopefully Parizad will get us straightened out...I just don't want him to miss out on his amnesty items and locks.

C

Carter'

when you log into the Email account you dont see a button that says renew account is it yahoo hotmail google gmail or aol ? some of these i know have the renew email button... hope i can help

G

<blockquote><hr>

when you log into the Email account you dont see a button that says renew account is it yahoo hotmail google gmail or aol ? some of these i know have the renew email button... hope i can help

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that, but he cannot remember the password for it either, and the alternate e-mail address for password retrieval on that account was our old ISP so it is of course inactive also. I told him from now on to start using the same password for everything since *I* know the current pw he's been using for stuff and can help him remember it in the event of another attack of CRS

G

I would start with customer support.
Parizad posted that she has the weekend off.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would start with customer support.
Parizad posted that she has the weekend off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack then I'm screwed, customer support has been reported time and time again as a big waste of time.....if I don't hear from Pari Monday I will try to bump this thread and see if she sees it. Poor hubby, I've been trying to convince him to do this for a week or so now LOL...I thought women were the ones that changed their mind at the last minute LOL its *OUR* perrogative, not theirs! ROFL

G

The problem your husband has isn't one unique to TSO or EA-Land.
The Customer Service Representatives might be able to help with something as straightforward as your husband's problem.

Just my two cents. You don't know if it is a time kill unless you actually try it.

D

dinaj

I reopened my original tso account for the amnesty and had a similar problem. Customer service was a huge help even though I too had closed the debit card I had been using to pay for that account. I simply answered questions that identified me as the owner of that account such as birth date , address etc....