• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this so wrong?

G

I wanted to save a house plot (18x18) behind my own for a friend of mine who planned on joining the game in a week when she came back home. So, genius that I am, I took a whole smack of barrels, placed them in and around the area, and filled them completely up. It took me about 10 minutes. I could have added a lot more but I thought it would be enough to deter people from trying to place a house. Needless to say, some bozo took the time to undo all my hard work and placed a house in the reserved plot. (If you are the aforementioned bozo, please PM me or ICQ me at 469-387-593 if you are willing to negotiate.)

But to get back to the subject title. Would it be so wrong to sandwich the person who placed the house with two houses on either side of him/her (X)? Right now, X has a nice area on either side of x. Now the areas are not big enough for most people to bother with which is probably what X was hoping.

So, this is the moral dilemma I face. Should I? Or shouldn't I?

F

five oclock

LoL..sorry...its just funny how nowadays people are pondering what lot to put a house on. I won't go into that rant of back in the day if you found a lot for a small house you were one lucky song of a gun

Honestly tho. If its in the rules. Doesn't block anyone in etc etc..Then its ok...

G

I remember when I first started playing I had the dinkiest little place and it cost me an arm and a leg to get it. Plus it was in a swamp so I had to fight lizardmen, bog things, and other swampy things when I recalled home. Or run really fast.

F

five oclock

aye. I remember one time I logged into my house in the game and the outside of my house was surrounded by trolls and ogres... now me being a little old miner at the time just looked out and logged back out for the night LOL.

G

where I live there's enough room for a large tower beside me. I know because there used to be one there and it fell while I was offline of all things.
An IDOC right next door and I missed it

G

If we are speaking of the plot NE of Luna, I was said bozo. I know a wonderful person who was living in a closet (micro house) and was actually brand new to UO. She could not even afford to place it. I helped out.

It was truly a good cause. I had a hard time convincing her to move at all. So undoing it won't happen, sorry. I hope you see the virtue in this situation and have a heart.

G

No reason for you to apologize. I think the OP should apologize for trying to be greedy and vindictive.

G

Greedy for also trying to help a friend get a place? Vindictive, aye, can't deny that. But I did say it was a moral dilemma after all. I just didn't understand why someone would go through so much effort to put a house in that particular location when there are numerous 18x18 plots elsewhere. That is all.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is room in that area for 2 18x18 plots (I know this for a fact because there used to be 2 of them there). But whoever placed the plot placed it right in the middle so another 18x18 would not be able to fit there. So who's the greedy one?

G

She liked the spot. I assumed the barrels were left over from a previous idoc. It was not much trouble to remove them all to please a friend. I was only aware of one other 18x18 location and she did not like it. I'm not a plot scouter type of guy. I had no idea anyone was trying to save it or anything. How could I know?

If we are talking about the same location next to the pass, I hope you come to the conclusion that it worked out for the best and let it go.

G

I do see the virtue in the situation and would not do anything to annoy someone who really had nothing to do with it.

So where do YOU live PeteAxe?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is room in that area for 2 18x18 plots (I know this for a fact because there used to be 2 of them there). But whoever placed the plot placed it right in the middle so another 18x18 would not be able to fit there. So who's the greedy one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went on test and tried to place two there, tried for HOURS and could not for the life of me do it. Greed has nothing to do with it. I was just trying to please someone. The lands belong to everyone.

G

Okay this is getting out of hand. I really wasn't that serious. But that area really did have 2 18x18's, or maybe one 18x18 and one 17x18. Anyways, it just didn't have to be placed so that no one else could place a fairly good sized plot there.

G

On test I could fit an 18x18 and a 16x15 or something. I really tried hard. And, I let her place, she's new and struggled with it for hours, placing over and over. I let her pick where it landed. Just fyi! We did our best with it.

G

Sigh. Alright. You win. *Mellisonant has been beaten into submission!*

No, you can't ride me now.

G

I just went to TC to check out the area just out of curiosity. The houses in front are placed differently on TC1 than they are in Napa.

Having just said that, I did manage to place 2 18x18's there.

On the first try. Hehehe. *Pats self on back.*