• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is this rude or are the Im'ers?

F

frogger2

In my profile I say dont Im me I am most likely afk while skilling, I dont do Ims I'm not trying to be rude I just dont like being annoyed by pointless chit chat or by scammer,spammers or what ever else. Im often AFK so Im'img me is a waste of time. When Im chatting in the open its cool to chat with me in the open, you must be a friend for me to respond in a im, we can make friends at my house or at any house Im in, but dont just ignor my bio Thats whats rude, a player I wont name a his name called me rude for not responding to his Im'ing not once but twice this week, he was being rude in not even being in the same house, being rude by constantly im'ing me till finnally I had to say how rude he was for not even comeing to my house to even ask whatever it was he wanted. Im just asking to respect my space thats all talk directly to me not over me in a Im.I add in my bio owners and roommates can Im me, Im at thier home thats only fair lol. Im just wondering if its in your Bio not to bother you in a im am I being rude in not responding? or is the im'er whos too dim to read a sims bio b4 im'ing that sim?

M

Mahrya

Everyone comes to TSO with an idea of what they want their game experience to be & how the game should be played. That being said, so long as there are two individuals playing this game there will be differences of opinion.

Being that this is a game of differing opinions & freewill you will often find yourself in a situation where people do not play according to your stipulations & requests. Some do it unwittingly & others do it intentionally. You could say those who pester you intentionally can be catagorized as "rude" but that is what an ignore button is for & you are free to use it to your hearts content.

B

Bindy

I dont think you're being rude. I can understand your reason perfectly.

But here's what I think the problem is... For as long as Ive played this game I have come to learn that maybe 1 person out of oh say 20 actually reads others peoples bios. Just like they dont read house bios for some reason. I always felt bad for people, especially running money houses, who had worked hard to list payouts and whatever on their house bio only to have 90% of all that land ask if they do payouts and how much. Then they would get miffed when told to read the house bio for payouts.

Its not you its those that are too lazy to read for one. For two some people just dont understand why if you're playing an online game you wouldnt want to be a social butterfly and chit chat endlessly all day long.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone comes to TSO with an idea of what they want their game experience to be &amp; how the game should be played. That being said, so long as there are two individuals playing this game there will be differences of opinion.

Being that this is a game of differing opinions &amp; freewill you will often find yourself in a situation where people do not play according to your stipulations &amp; requests. Some do it unwittingly &amp; others do it intentionally. You could say those who pester you intentionally can be catagorized as "rude" but that is what an ignore button is for &amp; you are free to use it to your hearts content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I had been thinking the same thing but unable to form it into words.

F

frogger2

thank you for your thoughts and they are well recieved I always read profiles and show respect to whats in a profile kinda sad not everyone does the same lol.

M

Mahrya

<blockquote><hr>

thank you for your thoughts and they are well recieved I always read profiles and show respect to whats in a profile kinda sad not everyone does the same lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime. We must remember that TSO mirrors life as the characters therin are run by actual humans who are out of our control. Whether they are rude in RL or just showing a rude side they'd never think of revealing in RL; they can -within reason- display that behaviour in their gameplay if they so choose. I guess one of your in-game challenges is to find a way around those irritants in order to play blissfully. Happy Simming!

I

imported_Shirl1211

I don't think your rude at all. I make a point of reading bio's becasue I never know if it may be someone from the early TSO days *Gawd I miss them* What I do find annoying is when I get an IM asking ASL? lol it happens alot when i'm playing my husbands sim. I think it's younger folks. I usually answer back saying 1383 days, Alphaville and look at my sim for the gender ..LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think your rude at all. I make a point of reading bio's becasue I never know if it may be someone from the early TSO days *Gawd I miss them* What I do find annoying is when I get an IM asking ASL? lol it happens alot when i'm playing my husbands sim. I think it's younger folks. I usually answer back saying 1383 days, Alphaville and look at my sim for the gender ..LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLove that answer!