• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this reptalon worth the 120 resisting spells ps?

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey, just came back from a two year UO break and I have a nice reptalon with 20 points left from beign fully trained. I am wondering if i should use a 120 resist spell on him. Here are the stats and skills

almondiga.png

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would go to uocah and see what the difference is on mana regen at 368 instead of 308 int is.

If its not that big a difference, then yeah, i would at this point...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have anymore full sets of 120 scrolls. A lot of my pets have 110 resist scrolls.

The pet will get 100 no matter what. A pet with Chiv is going to cast remove curse or cleanse very quickly after it is cursed or poisoned. Put 9 spellbinders on a chiv pet and it spams it constantly.

Has anybody determined if we really need to put resist scrolls on Chiv pets. I am not able to determine the long term benefits of 120 vs 100 Resist, so I stick 110s on everything.

Does the Chiv pet cast its spells anyway. Does a 120 scroll reduce the time of poison or resist debuffs that much more than 100 resist. I don't know. But have wondered for 3 years.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, i don't really bother with Reptalons, due to them being overloaded with abilities (Dragon Breath+Paralyzing Blow). I personally wouldn't scroll up a Reptalon, would rather use them on other pets.

Has anybody determined if we really need to put resist scrolls on Chiv pets. I am not able to determine the long term benefits of 120 vs 100 Resist, so I stick 110s on everything.

Does the Chiv pet cast its spells anyway. Does a 120 scroll reduce the time of poison or resist debuffs that much more than 100 resist. I don't know. But have wondered for 3 years.
Higher Resisting Spells means they take less damage from Blood Oath and Spell Plague, and Sleep/Poison spell has a higher chance to fail against them. Debuff spells like Weaken/Clumsy/Feeblemind/Curse are weaker against them, and spells like Corpse Skin and Mind Rot don't last as long against them, but Chiv/Mysticism pets remove those debuffs fast with Remove Curse/Cleansing Winds. Also, some creatures (such as the Shadow Fiends of Lvl 3 Khal Ankur spawn) have a Life Drain aura that can be fully resisted with Resisting Spells skill. The higher the Resist skill, the higher the chance to fully resist the damage of said aura. Najasaurus and Tritons (150-190 Resist) are basically immune to it.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but Chiv/Mysticism pets remove those debuffs fast with Remove Curse/Cleansing Winds
Exactly. I see pets with 120 resist casting remove curse. If you have a bunch of scrolls, sure why not use them. But does the gold cost benefit between a 110 and a 120 make that much difference?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
=> Resisting Spells Calculator | uo-cah.com

Currently I have three scrolled up Reptalons on two shards but the highest PS they got fed were all 110's. I'm with PSFTW - they are too loaded up with 'stuff' - sometimes it's better to do it with 'less is more'

Last edited:

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you so much for the responses. As I said before this reptalon is from years ago(the same one from this post: Reptalon). I was thinking about using the110 resist scroll and saving the 10 points left for the future. But, If I recall well some years ago, a user posted about giving a 105 or 110 to a pet and then the points were bugged or something like that, and he could never use the 120 same scroll. Is this bug still happening?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as you save points, you can add more scrolls. I always save a few extra points in case my math is off.