• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this Pacific or Sonoma?

F

Foxie

I got an icq telling me to get my butt into vent tonight because there’s going to be a Harrower. I’m pretty sure a glare was sent along with that icq (a well deserved one since I haven’t been playing much but I’ll never admit that).

I hung out in the star room so I wouldn’t miss the show.

Location was level two of Fire. The plan was to let someone else do the first part of the Harrower then raid. But the two who popped the Harry weren’t going along with that plan. They weren’t working the Harry and had no intention of doing so. I asked them why.

Waka took the bait and set up defenses at the bottom of the stairs. You know the usual withering choke point with bag balls kind of thing.

FL didn’t care.

FL broke through and set up defenses at the top…

….bottom…

…while working the Harry and running around killing off those they could find.

Waka regrouped, regeared and was on their way back. FL was ready for them.

Waka did break through but could not get regrouped. Again Waka pulled back, but couldn’t get back in time – FL finished the Harry. As FL left the dungeon, the fighting ran up and down the passageways.

Those last two were to show that I actually was alive during portions of the battle.
Anyway – fun fight!

T

Trinsauce

I got a question... Why is it that in picture #11 (juss above the very last picture) Wolfwood is withering with absolutely no enemy within the same screen as he/she???

G

wither spell reveals people that are hidden and or stealthing. Sometimes people wither just to reveal while their guildmates are ready to pounce on the target.
zerg for the win i guess. lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

wither spell reveals people that are hidden and or stealthing. Sometimes people wither just to reveal while their guildmates are ready to pounce on the target. zerg for the win i guess. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Wither DOES NOT reveal hidden people or stealthers any longer! You have to use Area Spells to reveal hidden people/stealthers

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
is wither not an area spell?

G

it is Poo but it doesnt reveal ... you have to use earthquake Wildfire Meteor Swarm etc.... Wither used to reveal but it doesnt anymore

G

Interesting evening... too bad you didn't get a picture of all the bag balls. I ended up picking up and trashing close to 100 of them

And yup, wither does not reveal anymore. Hasn't in a LONG time.

F

Foxie

I missed a lot of good screen shots.
It's been a long time since I had to fight and take screen shots at the same time. Hopefully I'll get more chances to practice.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wither spell reveals people that are hidden and or stealthing. Sometimes people wither just to reveal while their guildmates are ready to pounce on the target. zerg for the win i guess. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Wither DOES NOT reveal hidden people or stealthers any longer! You have to use Area Spells to reveal hidden people/stealthers

[/ QUOTE ]

So my question still stands... Why is it that u don't see any other guilds but FL where there are pictures of a random member juss withering in the middle of nothing???

I'm guessing it's the obvious choice... FL has a bunch of people who wouldn't be jack double whopper with cheese without the wither spell??? Someone from FL please clarify for me???

D

Dread Raven

He may have hit the wither key while pushing forward. I have done that a few times. My wither is next to my heal and I have mistakenly hit the wrong one. Those are the mistakes that do get you killed! But I am sure that many people have hit the wrong key and payed for it.

G

Excellent job on your story and screenshots. I was shocked to see at the end corpses that were green in your screenshots and your still unbiased reporting of the events. The shard could use a reporter like yourself.

F

Foxie

Thank you.
It's actually not that tough. For a good story you must:
- Be a part of the action. If you dont' find it fun, neither will anyone else.
- Never mention numbers.
- Never say s/he (or their guild) sucks, is an easy kill, or that they ran away in fear
- Let the screen shots do the talking
- sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, as long as you focus on the fun, it's all good.

It would definately be nice to get some pvp reporters for stratics.

I

imported_Vexxed

lol.. That there was even a fight makes me laugh at FL... As far as I can tell from the screenshots....

Shilinn
Arycke
Skoot the Legend
Valandil
Bramage
Wolfwood
HammerFall
stugotzz
Kiss
Elessar Tasartir
Aidan Kai
Blosson Dom
Pandora
BloodRush
Cursed
Raven
Elviria
A Kiss
Funky Monkey
The Red Knight
Star
Alora
King Deathclaw
Horrible Lag

-------- <font color="red"> V.S </font> ------------

Ell pollo Loco
Raistlin
Panther
Mr. BoJangles
Melody Trucido
Sub-Zero
Hatred
pffft

The Reality of FL is they get 7-10 active people from ea. shard they are on to build a crap necro on all Shards FL exists on. These people or 90% of them don't pvp for fun they only go shard to shard to shard to Raid in a huge group..... It's pathetic. I can't find pvp for the life of me on Pac..... The ONLY time I see any FL is at a spawn and then I find
p v pppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.....

NO Respect FL.... you don't deserve it. Doesn't ANYONE in FL pvp for the challenge of it ??? You would think that when it's 4 on 1 on Average.... deciding which guy to Dismount / which guy Xheals / Disarms / Moving shot etc, your SINGLE target would eventually get old........

Politely waiting for hmm... probably Raven but Maybe Tori to gimme the

"Glory of FL speech" followed up with standard excuses 1-3..

1) Am I supposed to tell my guildmates not to come pvp ?

2) Recruit and run a mega guild so you can fight us..

3) FL is a family.

G

Unfortunately the screenshots do not tell the whole story as waka had close to 15 at the harrower unfortunately the screenshots since they were not taken from the very beginning dont tell the story. Please go back to trolling elsewhere as you were not there.

S

Skullcollector

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately the screenshots do not tell the whole story as waka had close to 15 at the harrower unfortunately the screenshots since they were not taken from the very beginning dont tell the story. Please go back to trolling elsewhere as you were not there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there and from what i seen those numbers are fairly accurate. Now i didnt see all the FL listed by Vex for i didnt make it thru the wave of red...Crazy and I were picking off the FL who ran out from their swarm. Even after the Harry, the fight at COD was taken by waka cause the numbers there were close to even..

I

imported_Vexxed

Actually Tori...... Think about it this way......

What I said... is supported by the screenshots....
What YOU say is not.....

Besides.. that wasn't Excuse 1-3 anyway. Your not following the rules... don't make me add

Excuse #4

"The screenshots are wrong FL does not Zerg.."

R

Razeial

Waka had 17 members online at the peak of the harrower. I PERSONALLY counted atleast 30 FL....i stopped counting at that number, because i was disgusted...

Edit: The sad part is FL logs off after the spawn/harry is done. They don't even stick around for the fight. I guess the "Glory of FL" is that they run in, outnumbering the defending guild by 2 or 3 or sometimes even 4 to 1, spam wither, red kill the champ (which i dont get the point of) and then all run away to come post on the boards and say how they colonized the shard...what a joke.

With that strategy, its not suprising how FL has that many numbers, they let anyone who can wither into the guild!

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there and from what i seen those numbers are fairly accurate. Now i didnt see all the FL listed by Vex for i didnt make it thru the wave of red...Crazy and I were picking off the FL who ran out from their swarm. Even after the Harry, the fight at COD was taken by waka cause the numbers there were close to even..

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken from an outsider... Now Skull and Waka have never seen eye to eye so keep the "Skull is juss kissing our asses to get into Waka" to urselves please... He witnessed 6 Waka take out ur attempt at taking a Waka spawn when u didn't outnumber us 3 to 1... I believe it was maybe 1.33 to 1 odds...

G

Actually after the harrower we had to run over to Origin to raid a despise spawn since the guild doing it icq'd to let us know they were down there. At this point all of Waka was dead and it made sense to switch shards.

Vexxed anytime you would like to explain the 17 that waka states they had down there please feel free to do so as we know in your rather limited mind the screenshots told the whole story

Reality is we play 3 shards and at any given time a fight on the other shard may take priority over Sonoma since it is on the bottom of the priority list.

S

Skullcollector

( Now Skull and WAKA have never seen eye to eye so keep the " Skull is juss kissing our asses to get into waka" to themselves please. )

I must have missed this post, i didnt see anyone say that.....please explain? Or is this what WAKA is thinking? I show respect and this is sign of ass kissing to you?

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

Actually after the harrower we had to run over to Origin to raid a despise spawn since the guild doing it icq'd to let us know they were down there. At this point all of Waka was dead and it made sense to switch shards.

Vexxed anytime you would like to explain the 17 that waka states they had down there please feel free to do so as we know in your rather limited mind the screenshots told the whole story

Reality is we play 3 shards and at any given time a fight on the other shard may take priority over Sonoma since it is on the bottom of the priority list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also said i counted alteast 30 people from FL and stopped. How many did you REALLY have? 45? 50? so you outnumbered by atleast 2 to 1 right? really need all those people to get the job done? I guess so. FL lets anyone in.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec... A day or so ago it was "Waka had close to 15 there" now it's "Waka had 17 there"??? At no point did we have 17 there... Milamber logged in but we dunno what happened to him as he died and never responded after that (maybe RL stuff dunno) Sunrise Adams' fire alarm went off so he disappeared til that was all taken care of... Andy logged in as well and that was it... I didn't see him at the battle

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

( Now Skull and WAKA have never seen eye to eye so keep the " Skull is juss kissing our asses to get into waka" to themselves please. )

I must have missed this post, i didnt see anyone say that.....please explain? Or is this what WAKA is thinking? I show respect and this is sign of ass kissing to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Skull, u obviously misunderstood my comment... lol That was in no way OUR thinking that u were kissing our asses... I was simply ELIMINATING that logic from anyone elses minds... I've been messaging on these boards for years now and have seen all types of responses so was juss trying to eliminate that route for FL to take on us...

E

eekamouse

Pretty interesting thread. How is the Harrower/Champ activity these days?

Was this a one time deal or is it usually fairly active?

Not to sound like a complete ass, but I used to be a part of a group that pretty much ran the Champ Spawns around the time AoS first came out. Wondering if some of those folks are still around, as well.

I just reactivated and getting back into things.

J

John Galt

This is the first harrower to my knowledge that anyone other than FL has spawned on sonoma since FL has been here. FL was able to take it over in one push against a well set up wither/bag ball grinder.

Heres at least 5 more Waka to add to that list.
Listerfiend
Calisto DOM
XxBallaxX
Boombakarakus
Legend

Cypher [FL]

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even with SS. FL still outnumbers waka 2v1. Way to go FL.

Owe. And how will FL dominate all 3 shards if they all do stuff at the same time. FL might be in trouble, lol. Owe well. FL will just add some more members to make up for it, haha. Keep on zerging. I going to bed.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

This is the first harrower to my knowledge that anyone other than FL has spawned on sonoma since FL has been here. FL was able to take it over in one push against a well set up wither/bag ball grinder.

Heres at least 5 more Waka to add to that list.
Listerfiend
Calisto DOM
XxBallaxX
Boombakarakus
Legend

Cypher [FL]

[/ QUOTE ]

I truly would not brag about being able to take the defense brother... I saw how many FL fell before the last Waka defender was killed... FL lost more than Waka did on that push...

Lastly I would not for one second count Listerfiend as being there... He has only played for a month... He's a newbie RL friend of mine who I juss got to start playing... He still doesn't even understand the game mechanics... But hey whatever floats ur boat...

I

imported_TurboTimmy

<blockquote><hr>

Something happened on Sonoma?

*Logs on*

Nope still empty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know where COP has been, but there are Waka Vs. FL fights daily it seems. Rarely a night has gone by in last week or two where we don't do a spawn to provoke a fight. Wether or not FL will show up we can't control, sometimes they never come even if someone ICQ's an FL member.

Id love to see COP and MOO to crawl out of whatever hole they went into when FL got here. That alliance was fielding massive numbers Pre-FL. Now if i see a MOO tag im somewhat shocked.

COP is still around, but I know there is more members in than guild than KMS and a couple of his cheerleaders.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TMI is right. It is either completely dead (like it is right now) or there is a ton of people on. That new guild o_O is fielding a solid amount of people at the gate sometimes but they dont always last long.

The MOO/COP alliance has been basically absent, minus KMS and the cheerleaders, but isnt that the sign of a weak alliance?

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

No alliance. It has been broke for awhile now.. Ask MOO why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess:
1. You guys finally got tired of having a bunch of unorganized whiny children dragging you down/bugging you.
2. They pitted everyone against each other
3. They stole somone's property and/or account
4. You finally realized they were trashy pvpers

Or maybe it was a combination of all four? Hmm....

G

So if Mofo isn't allianced with Cop/M0O, then who's allianced with Mofo?

G

Don't worry girls. I'll be back on Sonoma soon to take out my lion's share of the FL at every event.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't worry girls. I'll be back on Sonoma soon to take out my lion's share of the FL at every event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Just when i thought we got rid of the whining children.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I gotta put my earplugs in every time I kill you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I gotta put my earplugs in every time I kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a lamesauce comeback. What are you? 10? Using the whole "I know you are but what am i" thing? Seriously pal, you need a life