• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this normal?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to focus on my tamer and attempting to work him up to a semi-finished state. I seem to be stuck on taming. I am only able to get my GGS each day. I tame for a few hours (2-3) each session, with only taming (105.6) and lore (113.0) on the character, everything else on soulstones. Generally I get between .5 and .8 in lore each session but only .1 in taming. I've been alternating between ridgebacks, bulls and Ki-Rins. I'm trying to stay with something fairly safe, as I really have no way to defend/heal myself if I get in a bind. Is this normal, or just a run of bad luck with the RNG?

If someone can get me out of this (possible) rut I will name by first born after them.

Z

Zodiac19

The problem with taming is you can only get 100-150 attemps an hour unlike other skills that have the potential to get say 400-500 attemps an hour and there is the reason taming looks soooo slow. To answer your Q, yes that is normal....

U

uoBuoY

Most tamers (I've known) in your range give up training and just take a GGS once or twice a day. It's way too boring to train taming unless you can combine gaining skill with finding a critter you want in your stable. You will eventually tame a lot of, say Kits or Cus, before you find a keeper. If you can combine skill gain with finding keeper pets, you're way ahead of the game. Plus you'll get a LOT of gold, hides,etc.