• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is this legal?

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi i have a quiver of infinity that can hold 4k arrows or bolts is this legal and if so how much is it worth??

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it's not legal.

I would advise trying to get it fixed, in case they start punishing for it.

G

i see them for 3-5m generally but they tend to be exceedingly slow sellers

G

3-5m??
its done in 10 seconds to any quiver. I believe its what they should hold. ryna sorry to question you on this but are you sure its illegal? maybe 25% i see are 400 stone holders.

G

Hey I dont price them, I just know what I see. Why wouldn't it be illegal, if you have to take an action to change the stone/item limit from what is intended, and what it says that sure sounds illegal to me. Just like take clothing or other misc items off of imprisoned dogs....just b/c we could do it doesn't mean we should have.

For the record I'm not accusing anyone of duping or breaking the TOS, or anything else, just making a simple comparison

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What DVI said, heh.

Generally if you have to 'do something' to an item to make it work like that, it's an exploit.
It may be common and accepted in some cases, but that doesn't exclude it from being an exploit.

Besides, I never said this was a ban on sight item, just illegal.

S

Soam414

yeah I sold off my bugged ones, only use the unbugged ones now. GM's do take them from you, i've had a few friends get theirs taken because they were bugged.
I guess it depends what GM you get as to what your punishment will be, but they are illegal.

K

Kratos Aurion

Mine wasn't confiscated, although I knew it was bugged and possibly could be deleted.

A gm appeared when I was vendor shopping around luna a few months ago and said he was going to take a sec with my quiver, took it off my char and put it back on. No questions asked. Said good day, and he/she left. I forget who it was.

So the moral of the story. I got lucky perhaps? don't carry illegal items because it can be a threat to your account.

G

My quiver has been overloaded before, and I have never done anything illegal to overload it, it just happened when i was golem training. I ran out of arrows went and reloaded it, came back to my training location, and my char recovered a certain number of arrows that went directly back into my quiver stacking on top of the 500 I just reloaded with. So does that mean i own a bugged quiver and can be in trouble for it?

B

baldra

i had one that was bugged, some how had about 20-50 arrows over limit...
dunno how it happened but i paged gm about some thing else and he noticed it,
asked if i did it on purpose and i didnt have a clue what he was on about and he modified it back to normal... so guess illegal!

I

imported_BoneDaddy

<blockquote><hr>

is this legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... without even reading the question...

Im going to have to say NO. It is not legal.

If you have to ask...

Then don't do it.

Nice little life lesson there huh?

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About normal stuff, I'd agree completely.

However being that this forum is what it is, there are so many things on, around, and just over the line of legality that it's hard to tell.

Many things that were illegal before are legal and accepted now, and vice versa.

I

imported_BoneDaddy

Honestly though Ryna...

Does it truly matter what is legal when there is hardly any enforcement of the UO laws?

G

gms shouldn't be allowed to just take them from you, its ea's job to fix bugs like these, what if a player buys one like that then gets screwed over cause a gm takes it, its not that person's fault

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Honestly though Ryna...

Does it truly matter what is legal when there is hardly any enforcement of the UO laws?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on your moral character.

I

imported_BoneDaddy

Ryna-

Which is why I don't script, dupe, etc.

I just dont see the pleasure that one gets out of cheating the game.

Not only are you cheating the game but you are cheating the fun from yourself.

Blah.

As far as the other poster...

I dont believe in the "I am innocent and thought I was getting a good deal" person who spent millions on an item that was not legit.

If you have the slightest bit of doubt as to the items legitimacy, then dont buy it.

"Oh I didnt know this quiver wasn't supposed to hold a billion arrows" just doesnt fly for me.

On the other hand purchasing said items and taking a gamble that UO changes their mind in the future (ie purple hued garbage) seems like a legitimate business decision. Although... the downside is obviously having an outlawed item in the meantime.