• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Is this good enough for Level 3-

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
skill amt
cart 100
LP 100
mage 100
mining 100
music 100
peace 120
resist 100
total 720

stat amt
str 95
dex 10
int 125
total 230

*use med suit 100 LRC, max resists
*use SC MW w/least penalty
*pre-cast deamon
*pre-cast protection
*max DCI

And area peace as soon as mobs spawn. Or should I just cast inv on self? Or should I drop peace for provo?

I don't have GM cart or LP yet but am getting close. I like having mining because I have trouble finding spots sometimes. I do have a tamer, but she's not up to snuff yet(I mean she has high taming and lore but needs a good pet(s) and to train it/them). I will eventually substitute in her maybe &/or spellweaving.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Most bard/t-hunters use prov or disco rather than peace. I would cast invis or mark a rune a little ways away and precast recall and then recall when the spawn pops. You should be able to do level 4, possibly 5 with that. I am guessing that you will be summoning evs or earth els to fight with?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Doable, though you'll struggle most with ogre lords. They have high hit points and summons don't do well against them.

If you dropped music/peace and picked up meditation and evaluate intelligence, you'd have enough mana with enough power to flamestrike the ogre lords.

If all you're using peace for is the initial spawn, there are more effective ways. I just time my invisibility spell and immediately run. I have done thousands of treasure hunts. The mark/recall works as well, I just find that time consuming.

Jacob Centeno Centeno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you are definitely fine. I have 110 mage and eval int on my tmapper and have been doing deviously fine. level 6 is hardly doable unless you have slayer spell books and a good resist suit. energy Vortex's handle almost everything level 5s can spawn. I think if I want to go level 6 or 7 I need taming.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Well, I have disco and provo on stones, so that's not hard to switch, although they are't past GM yet like my peace is. That recall trick sounds great, never thought of that.:)

Yea, until I can get tamer and good trained pet in there, I was just going to summon. To tell the truth, I usually use a fire ele, so I don't lose karma. LOL But your saying I should use EVs, I fizzle a lot since I didn't scroll magery. Im broke from scrolling all my bard and taming skills, except vet of course. LOL I heard some people go into stone form or summon a colossus . To tell the truth I never used SW or mysticism yet. They didn't have those two skills when I used to play and haven't tried them nor much about them yet since i've been back. Hell, I never used to T-hunt either, but I'm trying all kinds of new things, like fishing and imbuing lately. :)

Adrahil

Adventurer
Yea, until I can get tamer and good trained pet in there, I was just going to summon. To tell the truth, I usually use a fire ele, so I don't lose karma. LOL But your saying I should use EVs, I fizzle a lot since I didn't scroll magery. Im broke from scrolling all my bard and taming skills, except vet of course. LOL I heard some people go into stone form or summon a colossus . To tell the truth I never used SW or mysticism yet. They didn't have those two skills when I used to play and haven't tried them nor much about them yet since i've been back. Hell, I never used to T-hunt either, but I'm trying all kinds of new things, like fishing and imbuing lately. :)[/QUOTE]

I use Mystic Bard, soulstone the carto after the map is decoded, mark a rune off screen from the chest. I precast recall and when the chest pops target the rune. I cast RC and discord the target, it's really the easiest template I have used. A few higher end mobs will dispel my RC even with the Mastery, but a quick recast and most things go down quick. I admit I have some really good jewels with tons of free skills to make this template work.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a melee TH that has Chiv and uses some books of pre-existing runes and sacred Journey, to do the recall trick.

It works pretty well for level 1-5, as you can work your way back in, fighting one spawn at a time. It's also a good trick for a caster dependent on summons rather than spell damage to kill the spawn, as it allows your summons to go after one creature at a time.

However, occasionally level 6 spawn can make this impossible (like the 8-creature level 6 I had on Buc's Den, once, where all the spawn were either Greater Dragons or Ancient Wyrms - by the time the spawn died the loot in the chest had despawned).

Syncros

Adventurer
Any map to L5 is easy with magery and casting EV's, L6 I dropped music/prov for SW and Mysticism and can solo those now as well but some mobs still give some trouble with Rising Collossus.

Lower levels just cast 2 EVs as your digging it up and you should still have time to cast invis on yourself.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Any map to L5 is easy with magery and casting EV's, L6 I dropped music/prov for SW and Mysticism and can solo those now as well but some mobs still give some trouble with Rising Collossus.

Lower levels just cast 2 EVs as your digging it up and you should still have time to cast invis on yourself.
Ok, TY Syncros. :)