• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IS this a good character for High Seas, pirate hunts etc?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The character is a Gargie, has 120 SW/120 Mystic/120 focus or Ibuing, Magery 110, rest is some Med, still has some points left I believe. I can put Eval on it for the magery spells to be stronger. He has an invasion spellbook of 48 SDI also, for a tiny help. He is a little on the poor side for total SDI is about 80 or so, Mana regen I think 28-30, LMC 40 also, all medable gear.

I know that SW lev 6 focus is not too bad with EW, TS casts, Fire storm -- Can these be cast on the guardian orcs on the boats/ships? Or it would take forever to kill them? Can you drop one of those Reaper Trees on the enemy ship or Beakon guardians to draw aggro also?
Also how about Mystic damage spells and area spells? Do they work on them?

TYVM for info, and I hope this is the right place to put this . post.:)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My main character I been using is a archer, mage, spell weaver

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your magery can kill the Orcs and sea creatures. The Orcs do not do a lot of damage. The Mages will be the most difficult. See how you do. I have never used anything but a pet on the Dread Pirates.

I thought you had a mage tamer.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Your magery can kill the Orcs and sea creatures. The Orcs do not do a lot of damage. The Mages will be the most difficult. See how you do. I have never used anything but a pet on the Dread Pirates.

I thought you had a mage tamer.
The tamer is Disco/Taming, can change to Peace also, Magery is also 100 but no eval so he has no real ranged attacks. Unless I put Eval on him. Any pet will work on Dread Pirate esp with Chiv/AI?

Turkish

Journeyman
I just cast EVs and RCs on the Orcs then blast the beacon with cannon, or death ray on the pirates. I've tried pets and archers and this seems the most effective for me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beacons you can do with the Magic guy. Pets work great on Dread Pirates. I dont know how a mage would do on those. Most of us are doing Beacons for the Mythic cargo. We can do pirates year round.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gave up trying to coax pets onto the plunderbeacons and I am now a chivalry-archer.

Turkish

Journeyman
Beacons you can do with the Magic guy. Pets work great on Dread Pirates. I dont know how a mage would do on those. Most of us are doing Beacons for the Mythic cargo. We can do pirates year round.
For the dread pirates, I distract with an RC and I just Death Ray the dread pirate. It is a pretty quick and easy process.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I gave up trying to coax pets onto the plunderbeacons and I am now a chivalry-archer.
To get a pet up on the beacon move in on a rowboat at one corner, be sure NO ONE is sitting in front of the pet at the Bow, tell the pet to follow the beacon or an orc off some distance, (click on the pet for menu, then click follow tab in the menu, target the orc or lighthouse) once the pet is on board command it to kill.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have mysticism and focus on, just drop RCs on the ships/beacon crew and let them do the work. Learn where to target to drop the RC. Then support with magery (chain lightning or meteor swarm works for beacon crew) with eval on the character and finish off with WoD once they're at 33% health.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My pets started teleporting onto the beacons again:

Pets take the Beacon.PNG

Go Team!