• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there going to be an Artisan festival this year?

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there going to be an Artisan festival this year? If so will it be the same as last year, do I need to start completing and storing BODs?

Thanks,

Lador

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm hoping they do it a bit different this year and make just one tree that runs for the whole month, it was difficult for some less populated shards last year, on Europa we only managed one full tree.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I have a feeling that after they didn't do anything this year for Valentine's day and 4th of July that holiday events and gifts will start to slack off. I don't expect anything at Christmas this year. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping they do it a bit different this year and make just one tree that runs for the whole month, it was difficult for some less populated shards last year, on Europa we only managed one full tree.
I was hoping they do the same, have a tree in each of the towns, but make em all run concurrently. Build your own cities tree up, kind of a contest of cities, if you will. But of course, leave it open where you could donate to any city as well as your own'

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I slightly remember that I read somewhere that yes, they are doing the Artisan Festival again this year. But I can't find anything confirming where I read or saw it.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping they do the same, have a tree in each of the towns, but make em all run concurrently. Build your own cities tree up, kind of a contest of cities, if you will. But of course, leave it open where you could donate to any city as well as your own'
We couldn't get one tree to completion and you want all the cities to compete? lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We couldn't get one tree to completion and you want all the cities to compete? lol
awww Zeke, have a little faith!

tho..... it's the same problem it always is, events need to be scaled to the shard population - I'm fearful of the finale to the Shattered Obelisk

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling that after they didn't do anything this year for Valentine's day and 4th of July that holiday events and gifts will start to slack off. I don't expect anything at Christmas this year. :(
Well Christmas is much bigger holiday, so very likely something will go down. At least a bunch of presents a some EM events. But I wouldn't mind the artisan festival again.

That they missed Valentine's Day this year took me by surprise and not a pleasant one. But 4th of July ... no offense, but that's just a national holiday for the US and UO has a global community. Imho UO should ignore anything that's specific to a certain country. Bad enough with that thanksgiving thing that not even the north americans can agree on :p

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They mention it in the last newsletter. I also want to let you know that our next development cycle will be shorter than usual, and instead of doing a full bump to Publish 99, we will be releasing an updated version of Publish 98 which will include our holiday rewards, updates to the Artisan Festival, Vet Rewards, and more! Keep an eye on UO.com for updates!
See you in Britannia,

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I got the key to Dev's secret dungeon stash of completed LBoDs... plus the competition might be fun =)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Worry not, there will definitely be an Artisan Festival this year. The new artist is working months ahead. :thumbup1: