• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Is there a Wraith Thrower walkthrough somewhere ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to find a walkthrough to build up a soloing Wrath Thrower (detailed stats, skills and weapon/suit) but other than a couple of threads with limited info I could find not much else that was specific on the wraith thrower. There is lots of posts on sampires and a variety of other related arguments spread out in bits and pieces but not really a comprehensive and detailed walkthrough on how to make such a wraith thrower from start.

Is there a walkthrough available somewhere to build up such a template or can anyone help out with details on what stats/skills balance is needed as well as what weapon/suit ?

Any need to use the 100% reforging tool on either the weapon or the armor pieces ? Using what tool/resources ?

The goal of the Wraith Thrower would be able to solo bosses like Slasher, Medusa etc. as well as the Perless ones.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll tell you this much, I recently made a weapon without mana leech on it and believe that I was doing as well without it, or even better in wraith form. This was vs Stygian Dragon, I added hit lower defense instead of mana leech.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some monsters just have a bigger mana pool than others, if you tried to do Rikktor for example without Mana Leech then you would run into problems.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you saying that imbued mana leech pulls mana from lower mana creatures, and wraith/ss will only pull it from high mana creatures? I thought once it was gone, it wouldn't matter what method you used for leeching.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hit mana leach restores mana based solely off damage. Wraith form restores mana based on damage as long as the target you are hitting has mana left in its pool.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm enjoying this thread, let's see how this here question will evolve this thread.

So, my gargoyle is great at finishing bosses. I'm wondering what would make him better at doing the spawn, solo of course. Should I use a glave? Should I put some hit area on it? If I put hit area on it, can I put hit (spell) on it too? Anyone who has a bigger knowledge base for imbuing than I do please lend some knowledge.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 xhealing rock form dexers smashed corgul on the last run I went on... was impressive! just don't take a sampire! I am still working on my disco thrower but from how well he is doing so far he will be my char of choise for peerless ect. (although my sampire will be the oly way to roll for such as Paroxy and DH)

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried my luck soloing the spawn and champ in destard today. I used a 100% cold damage reptile slayer soul glave, with 30% DI, hit cold area 50%, reptile slayer, 30% SSI, and the rest in mana leech I think.
Template:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Spell Resist
100 Necromancy
80 Chivalry
60 Spirit Speak.

Vampiric Embrace to start: I ran around getting a large pile of baddies on me, and kept a short distance, momentum strike when I could. I think the spawn took me around 35-40 minutes. Then when Rikktor spawned, as a darned turkey of course, I lured him over to the north east side and walked around a small pile of stalagmites? I went into wraith form, kept Enemy of One up, used 100% cold damage, 30 SSI, 30 DI, 50 HLD, rest in mana leech soul glave. Used str and dex pots with EP jewels, 150/66/180 stats. 70 DI on suit, 15 SSI on suit, 25 HPI, 70's ressist, 40 LMC, and some mana increase on the suit. I think the resist helped with level 3 once all of the spellcasters were on me, and I started using curse weapon to help healing while I was in vamp form. I got a replica katana, and some nice scrolls.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the above mentioned template, except switching anatomy in to replace resist, this is how I quickly solo the Stygian Dragon:
Once in his lair, I get an invisibility potion ready, and when he spawns I charge towards him, unarmed, and trigger his paralysis stare, and drink the potion. I then toggle honor, once the stare is broken, arm my soul glave and pop him with an armor ignore or two while leading him toward the teleporter nearest the south side of the room. Once through that teleporter I head around towards the opposite side of the room with a big flying lizard in tow. When there is a safe distance, I transform into a wraith, and drink my potions to increase my stats. Then I just jump back and forth between the teleporters, drinking my stat enhancing potions as needed. I keep armor ignore up as much as possible, enemy of one toggled on for the little extra damage when my mana is too low for AI. When he lets off a burst damage attack, I hit the nearest teleporter and toggle confidence and cast curse weapon. Shortly thereafter I pop him with an armor ignore and I'm quickly back to full health. I frequently pull special drops here, and the spawn for pulling his keys is quick and profitable as well. I can solo the lizard in 9 minutes or less with minimal resources~ 3 or each potion (6) total used, and a small handful of pig iron. Add a reg or two for wraith form, and a summon familiar for the horde minion aka trash can when I LooT the corpse of my fallen foe. I usually pull in enough keys to fight the lizard 3 times from doing the spawn, so its a very lucrative, low overhead use of appoximately 40 minutes to an hour worth of gaming. It is also doable to drop necro to 40 and bring parry up to 60 for the added mana reduction bonus of 300 skill points, but not at all necessary. Enjoy, more to come later.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Using the above mentioned template, except switching anatomy in to replace resist, this is how I quickly solo the Stygian Dragon:
(plans)
Thank you very much. I can't wait to try it on my own. I suited up my gargoyle with a void infused kilt, berserker's breastplate, augmentation things, but now I still need a crimson or tangle and Mace And Shield Reading Glasses before I allow her to leave the house. Unfortunately I ran out of gold to buy these things.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say you are good to go as is. With the teleporters it's pretty safe, and with insurance money and an ankh in his lair, you can do it!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much. I can't wait to try it on my own. I suited up my gargoyle with a void infused kilt, berserker's breastplate, augmentation things, but now I still need a crimson or tangle and Mace And Shield Reading Glasses before I allow her to leave the house. Unfortunately I ran out of gold to buy these things.
You do know that Navrey is a great trainer, and pretty easy for a thrower!