• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to test house placement...

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with an account that already owns a house? It's been a while since I placed a house so once I've tested a spot can fit a structure will i get an opportunity to not place so i don't lose my exisitng house?

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. With the house placement tool, when you place a valid house it sets down a ghost house and gives you a window with a warning that if you have a house already, it'll be condemned, blah blah blah... but while that window is up you'll be able to run around the house to, say, see if you have room to maybe place a bigger plot. If you don't select anything on that window, the "ghost" house will time out and no harm will be done to your house.

If you are resizing, BE CAREFUL. Especially if you are still in the week in between building/trading houses. While using the resize house command does circumvent this timer, I find that the house placement tool bugs out and skips that warning window. Imagine my anger when I was trying to place a keep and put down a small wood and plaster house just to test that this was, in fact, a place that allowed housing (I was having difficulty placing the keep and wanted to see if there had been changes to that particular area that made it no longer keep-friendly) and the wood and plaster house committed without me accepting any sort of warning window.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. With the house placement tool, when you place a valid house it sets down a ghost house and gives you a window with a warning that if you have a house already, it'll be condemned, blah blah blah... but while that window is up you'll be able to run around the house to, say, see if you have room to maybe place a bigger plot. If you don't select anything on that window, the "ghost" house will time out and no harm will be done to your house.

If you are resizing, BE CAREFUL. Especially if you are still in the week in between building/trading houses. While using the resize house command does circumvent this timer, I find that the house placement tool bugs out and skips that warning window. Imagine my anger when I was trying to place a keep and put down a small wood and plaster house just to test that this was, in fact, a place that allowed housing (I was having difficulty placing the keep and wanted to see if there had been changes to that particular area that made it no longer keep-friendly) and the wood and plaster house committed without me accepting any sort of warning window.

Will that Warning gump always come up even if you don't own a house?

Thank you

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will that Warning gump always come up even if you don't own a house?

Thank you
It should, but there have been reports of people not getting a gump and placing a house then they were not meaning to.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should, but there have been reports of people not getting a gump and placing a house then they were not meaning to.
Thank you

I don't understand it. I am helping out a friend with his account building a character and was going to place a house. The warning gump comes up but he says there is no house.
I went through all his runes I can not find one. It is old enough for a grandfathered account so it bothers me if I deleted an old house.

I will check his runes one more time