• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to "hide" dragons on my screen?

G

So i can see the monsters i'm trying to fight?

all I am is one hidden dot withint 20 dragons

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
not in 2d that i know of not sure on KR

G

yeah its annoying. especially the dragon greifers and such. we need to get UOAssist to give us a view dragons as function. so i can see them as chickens.

J

JoyousGard

somebody posted about freezing the animations in KR...

How do you do that? I have as much stripped down as I can so I will not crash as often... I can't find the animation "clicky" in the settings.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To turn off the animations you'll want to go and..

Go into the Options dialogue, scroll down to the bottom, check the 'no idle animations' and from the drop down menu select minimal animations. This way you'll have very little animations (I honestly can't tell a difference in the animations between full and minimal) and no idle movement. Beware though, Dragons have a tendency to keep their wings in the stretched out position and not the inclosed position.

A

AncientGeek

It's a legitimate issue but it's not a new one. Back when White Wyrms were all the rage you get a few together, and they'd typically blind every other player in the game. I don't think there's a solution and can't imagine how one would be created aside from making other, smaller pets more viable.

I

imported_SavageSP

Is your issue getting the monsters bar?

If so use "all names" default ctrl+shift, while holding it just right click all the names until you can see the one you want and grab it.

G

I just wish the dragons would close up their wings while standing still and open while in movement.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If so use "all names" default ctrl+shift, while holding it just right click all the names until you can see the one you want and grab it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That don't work when your somewhere where 40 items are highlightable (the grass etc. in the moonglow copy by the gate) because those rectangular item tags are all used by the static objects that are highlightable first ;(

G

Yup, I know how to ctrl-shift.

Either way, i just like to see my character, so when he's not swinging because the beserker has moved 2 tiles away and I can't even see if i'm near him or not because of the 20 dragons on my head...

anyway, as always, just found out there are scripts for this.

So sad. can't have a simple in game function to fix an annoyance.

G

i like the obvious people are tell me. move, use cntrl-shift etc.

I didnt post saying, I can't play because of dragons. I said its annoying and is making my game play less enjoyable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and in the time it takes to actually pull the bar, the monster is either dead, or you are :/

I've been playing around with macros and: "select nearest&gt;mobile" works sometimes, but will pull other player bars, so you have to be close to the monster in order to get it's bar (not so good if ur an archer). If something is already attacking you: "select nearest&gt;hostile&gt;attack selected target" works great.

I really think the new drags are bugged. I was in doom, Room 5, Abyssmal's and one of them attacked me. The dude said "we are in Tram". I don't care what he said, but never in my years of doing doom has an Abyssmal hit me for 95+pts. That drag attacked and killed me :/

I'm thinking of releasing mine and killing it. lol.

G

The only way ctr shift would be useful in those situations would be to show all aggressors or allies or corpses only, not the whole damned lot.

For targeting, maybe you can try using the new target next macro command thingies to cycle through available targets. I'm not a big user of those myself so I do feel your pain.

It never helps that all the antisocial tamers come out for events like this and make the rest of us want to throttle them and their pets heh.

Wenchy

G

i use the targeting system, but the problem i get (and this could be improper use, school me if so) is that I have to pick either mobile or hostile.

Mobile, gets all the dragons and people etc, and you have to cycle through . This takes too long.

Hostile, Well, it seems to only pick targets that have attacked you, which is pretty useless in most situations where other players are on the screen with you.

Another great feature would be a cntrl-shift type thing that only showed YOUR corpses. I mean, go in to the moonglow gate on atlantic and hit cntrl-shift.

Its either got dozens and dozens of boddies and or, sometimes It shows all the items away from where i am. LIke around the edge of my screen but not where I am standing. weird.

Again, i can get my body, i can fight even with dragons. I just wish it was more user friendly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mobile, gets all the dragons and people etc, and you have to cycle through . This takes too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, it takes some time to cycle through and things are dead (or you are) before you can get the bar. I'm going to try doing "select nearest&gt;mobile" and then make a seperate macro for "select next". Maybe you can spam "select next" macro till you get the right target?? But, again, there is the time issue -- all this takes alotta time and stuff is dead before u can target them.

G

I do recall hearing some years ago that there is a certain file in the 2D client that allows for changing around the models some, depending on your access level; like how people who do not have, is it LBR? They see the ridable beetles as rideable llamas? Something. I cannot give exacting detail, because I am afraid it might be against the ToS, and on top of that, I've never done this; but, I would speculate that this file could be examined, deciphered, then carefully modified to turn all the dragon-models into drake-models, for example. What a brilliant idea! I would try it if I wasn't dead sure it would be bad bad bad. It would also probably break the Patcher next time the patcher tried to access that file (back-up your original(s) if you do go messing with the file(s)!)...

And just imagine the fun of changing someone else's UO client to trade the models for demon and bunny, swap hiryu and crane, trade dragon and drake ... aww, but it would not change the names in-game...

A

AdamD

Yea I was thinking about that to
Body.def is probably the file you need to change

# Format is: &lt;ORIG BODY&gt; {&lt;NEW BODY&gt;} &lt;NEW HUE&gt;

11 {28} 1401

That's from the top

G

<blockquote><hr>

So i can see the monsters i'm trying to fight?

all I am is one hidden dot withint 20 dragons

[/ QUOTE ]

Use white out lol
sorry