• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a Template which can handle Exodus for the Scrolls of Commendation [Replica] ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have recently started playing again after years away and I am trying to catch up, so to speak...

I found the need to get Scrolls of Commendations [Replica] which come from the Exodus spawn.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much people either around or interested in doing Exodus and so, I was wondering whether there could be a Template which perhaps could handle it solo so that I can get the scrolls that I need for the characters....

Anyone has any good advice ?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Archer, but youll need several thousand arrows, or a thrower, and not sure if there is a timer on the encounter or not

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have you tried asking in the Warrior or Spellcaster forums (depending on the type of toon you have)?

Those places are a lot more speciallized than in here so it's possible they have your answer.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archer, but youll need several thousand arrows, or a thrower, and not sure if there is a timer on the encounter or not
Doesn't Exodus teleport to himself the player's character ?

If so, without a Tank how could it be possibly soloed by a Ranged combat character that needs dexterity over strength ?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can gear stats up to where ua need them, with enough hit life leech, hit mana leech, and mana regen on a suit you can take several smacks before running to heal.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind the encounter requires a minimum of two characters to even enter it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind the encounter requires a minimum of two characters to even enter it.
Ouch, that's a bummer....

Well, with 2 clients and one character going inviso after entering the spawn while the other fights it could still be feasible...

The issue stays, though, "what" Template could possibly solo Exodus ?

Is there a timer though by which it is necessary to kill Exodus ? Because expectedly, a solo player even with the right Template might take a considerable longer time to kill Exodus... it would be very annoying to do all that work and then be kicked out of the spawn before ending it...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch, that's a bummer....

Well, with 2 clients and one character going inviso after entering the spawn while the other fights it could still be feasible...

The issue stays, though, "what" Template could possibly solo Exodus ?

Is there a timer though by which it is necessary to kill Exodus ? Because expectedly, a solo player even with the right Template might take a considerable longer time to kill Exodus... it would be very annoying to do all that work and then be kicked out of the spawn before ending it...
I would go with a dexer with healing and fencing.

Healing because life leech does not work against exodus. Fencing because you can use a leafblade that provide AI and feint specials. Feint would be important to cut his damage in half and AI for max damage output. Also if your going two accounts make sure the off character can rez... just in case :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Best way I can think of..and it's usually how we do it....archers/throwers and a bard to keep his masteries on us so if you have an archer or thrower and a 120 bard with masteries it's feasible, we usually go in with 2 archers, 1 thrower and 1 bard.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best way I can think of..and it's usually how we do it....archers/throwers and a bard to keep his masteries on us so if you have an archer or thrower and a 120 bard with masteries it's feasible, we usually go in with 2 archers, 1 thrower and 1 bard.
You go on Origin Shard or on some other Shard ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You go on Origin Shard or on some other Shard ?
Origin. It's one of the few things I actually do with Larisa since she's my archer....Exodus and Melisande....sometimes Corgul he seems to be easier with an archer as well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I honestly have not found a way to solo that rascal.. not even with 2 accounts.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or is the obsession with soloing everything the result of a nearly nonexistent community (low population)?
Ultimately, it's both. Neither are the true cause of the decline, that onus lies squarely at EA's negligent stewardship of the IP.

Though when players still insist on soloing group content on Atl... *shrugs*

Getting the "community" to actually act like a community, however, is entirely the player's obligation.

Should BS ever conclude that a power correction is required to balance end-game-type content, players are screwed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Should BS ever conclude that a power correction is required to balance end-game-type content, players are screwed.
People might have to play a multiplayer game with other people? Oh the insanity!

I agree that the desire to solo everything is killing the community. If you want to play solo, there are a ton of good single player games available. I recommend Rimworld!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People might have to play a multiplayer game with other people? Oh the insanity!

I agree that the desire to solo everything is killing the community. If you want to play solo, there are a ton of good single player games available. I recommend Rimworld!
Skyrim... like that game but... yes I don't play UO to play solo.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They'd better make character transfers free if they want to kill the ability to do anything of value solo

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I play solo all the time! I play at random times and days so I can't really make plans with people. Maybe @Larisa we can meet up sometime because I play Origin usually when I do get on.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for solo? There's a bit of an exploit where you get him stuck, and can solo him with a Archer or Thrower. But legit solo? A Chiv/Bush Fencer with Healing would have the best chance for soloing Exodus legit. Honor Exodus, get EoO up, drop Exodus' Stam to 0% with Pierce x3 (Fencing Mastery), while using a Leaf Blade to keep Feint up and AI him, and stay out of the Death Vortex he drops. You want the Leaf Blade to be reforged for Mana Leech or Hit Fatigue, then imbue 50% Stam Leech/50% HLA/however much DI you need/Mana Leech if you reforged Hit Fatigue. With 20% SSI from Jewelry, you should be able to swing that every 1.25 secs, unless you drop below 120 Stam. Use a Mace & Shield variant or the Prismatic Lenses to apply HLD. You'll also want to be riding an armored Swampy. Still risky though.

Exodus can be 2 manned fairly easily with a combo of a Chiv/Bush Fencer and a Chiv Macer, both cross healing each other with bandies. Fencer honors Exodus, both run EoO, the Fencer applies Pierce every 10 secs three times to drop Exodus to 0 Stamina, then after that the Macer keeps Stagger going on Exodus for -60% SSI debuff. Turns Exodus' melee damage output into a joke (or any boss' for that matter). Bring lots of Enhanced Bandies. This is one of the fights where cross healing dexxers really outshine Sampires.

I have a Pally Macer that is built for stuff like this. He's perfect for doing Exodus or Blackthorn's Captains while cross healing with a Fencer. Just need a new Fencer buddy, lol.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much exactly what I would of said @PlayerSkillFTW but wouldn’t respond due to not wanting to endorse single player end-game content. (EDIT : 40% or better hit fatigue FTW)

Just invite someone or plan ahead for a group outing. Single player Exodus can be done but imo not worth the risk as pancake hits the fan easily down there when solo. Ur net hiccups and ur dead, he throws an ill timed RC at u and ur dead - there’s a dozen scenarios I can think of that end in your death ultimately leading to you getting him down to 5% health then kicked out of the encounter due to the timer. It happens, trust me.

Fastest/easiest way I know is a carefully planned out & geared up thrower and a 4 X 120 bard running buffs. Two players (or characters) is the bare minimum I’d suggest. More is BETTER.

I farm him with a friend often & that’s our set up. Have I done him solo? Yes. Is it fun? No. Is it worth the risk of not getting done in time? Hell no. Level of difficulty is on par with soloing Slasher, but he has no timer. Your playing with fire trying to solo Exodus. If u like spending 30 mins of hell with a high risk of being booted out with nothing to show - have at it bro.

**EDIT PIC ** Made this for those troublesome bosses :)
Powernerds Staff.jpg

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultimately, it's both. Neither are the true cause of the decline, that onus lies squarely at EA's negligent stewardship of the IP.

Though when players still insist on soloing group content on Atl... *shrugs*

Getting the "community" to actually act like a community, however, is entirely the player's obligation.

"Should BS ever conclude that a power correction is required to balance end-game-type content, players are screwed."

If one CANNOT find fellow players to do a hunt, making Bosses no longer soloable would mean making those Bosses NOT PLAYABLE at all.

And since some drops occur ONLY at certain Bosses, not being able to find fellow players to do them, and not being able to do them solo either, would mean ZERO chances to get those drops...

Take Exodus, for example, this Boss is the ONLY way to get a Valiant Scroll of Commendation [Replica].

Thing is, that most existing players ALREADY have scrolled up their characters so, current players desire to do this Hunt is limited.

Returning or new players, instead, NEED their characters be scrolled up to be competitive but if they could not find a Group and neither be able to solo Exodus, can anyone please explain to me "how" they are EVER expected to get their Valiant Scrolls of Commendation [Replica] so as to scroll up their characters ?

It IS a problem and it is due to the scarcity of players AND, on top of that, to the even greater scarcity of returning or new players....

Making spawns not soloable would NOT be the correct answer, to my opinion....

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything in the game was never intended to be soloable... not ever. Its become more like that due to power creep. It has never been the intent.

How does a player get said item then? Do content you can solo or do bosses more players are involved in. Get those rewards and sell them. Make gold, join the community, and trade or buy whatever items you can't get on your own. These forums outside the game have connected players w/ items daily for decades. Its not like these items are completely out of your reach just because you can't solo the boss that was never intended to be soloable bro (They made Exodus w/ a 2 player minimum necessity for a reason).

We can acknowledge on some shards player scarcity is an issue but nothing is out of your reach until you convince yourself that. There's always a way albeit getting there may be roundabout.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Allowing Sampires to exist meant that people did start to solo stuff they wouldn't normally be able to handle, I think they should have done something to stop that trend, some things you just should need a group for. Yeah I think Sampires are an abomination that shouldn't be possible, no viable template should contain Necro and Chiv together. :(

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Fastest/easiest way I know is a carefully planned out & geared up thrower and a 4 X 120 bard running buffs.
I farm him with a friend often & that’s our set up.
Did you mean the Thrower - Bard setup, or the setup PSFTW described?
And on a related note:
**EDIT PIC ** Made this for those troublesome bosses
That pic shows a swordsmanship weapon, whereas the previous setups have Thrower, Bard, Macer and Fencer? This confused us a bit. Care to elaborate? And did you describe that carefully planned out Thrower somewhere else?
To all experts, thanks for sharing you info, we belong to the group who have never done an Exodus yet, so all information is eagerly soaked up. (And hopefully put to good use some day!)
Popps, it should really be possible to find SOMEone willing to do that? Even if they have no use for it someone should be willing to help we'd imagine? On a side note, we have been getting by without that scroll for many years, so it is not a thing that can't be missed, or needs to be gotten immediately?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I just am here to say for the 1000th time that the encounter is clearly broken and you can get the dragon stuck. it would take EA literally 15 minutes to modify the instance to have static "rocks" blocking the area, and not even have to mess with Line of Sight or anythinsg specificother than terrain.

15 minutes to make a high quality, group focused encounter actually function properly.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything in the game was never intended to be soloable... not ever. Its become more like that due to power creep. It has never been the intent.

How does a player get said item then? Do content you can solo or do bosses more players are involved in. Get those rewards and sell them. Make gold, join the community, and trade or buy whatever items you can't get on your own. These forums outside the game have connected players w/ items daily for decades. Its not like these items are completely out of your reach just because you can't solo the boss that was never intended to be soloable bro (They made Exodus w/ a 2 player minimum necessity for a reason).

We can acknowledge on some shards player scarcity is an issue but nothing is out of your reach until you convince yourself that. There's always a way albeit getting there may be roundabout.
I hope that I am entitled to see things differently.

Back in the days, I was AGAINST the exclusiveness of Powerscroll drops only in felucca because, as I anticipated at the time, it would have created a DIVIDE among players NOT unite them, to my opinion.

And that was has happened with a subset of players getting the monopoly of those scrolls and asking outrageous prices which drove inflation in UO waaaaaaaaay above the roof and lots of players just got disconnected from a game where certain much needed items would cost HUGE amounts and require enormous amount of grinding to get and enjoy because only a FEW players where having the monopoly of those items.

Monopolies are a VERY bad thing, to my viewing and, infact, in real life usually Countries have an ANTI-TRUST Agency that deals with that to always make sure that no few can hold tight control of something.

So, I hope that I am entitled to a different opinion.

This is a game meant for fun, if it forces too much grinding on players to have to put together enormous amounts of in-game gold to satisfy the always increasing requests of a minority of players who hold a Monopoly of certain items the fun goes away and players leave.

Personally, I think that deciding powerscrolls to be exclusive of Felucca was probably the biggest mistake done and, to my opinion, vaused LOTS of players to leave UO for the ridicolous grinding that they got forced to do in order to be able to buy them.

At least, that is how I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And on a related note:

That pic shows a swordsmanship weapon, whereas the previous setups have Thrower, Bard, Macer and Fencer? This confused us a bit. Care to elaborate? And did you describe that carefully planned out Thrower somewhere else?
To all experts, thanks for sharing you info, we belong to the group who have never done an Exodus yet, so all information is eagerly soaked up. (And hopefully put to good use some day!)
Popps, it should really be possible to find SOMEone willing to do that? Even if they have no use for it someone should be willing to help we'd imagine? On a side note, we have been getting by without that scroll for many years, so it is not a thing that can't be missed, or needs to be gotten immediately?
" On a side note, we have been getting by without that scroll for many years, so it is not a thing that can't be missed, or needs to be gotten immediately?"

If ALL players do not have them as it was BEFORE then yes, they would not be indispensable.

But NOW that a good number of players HAVE them ?

Be it PvP where one needs to be competitive to stay alive OR in PvE where one needs to be among the top damagers for better looting rights, if there is COMPETITION then it is a NECESSITY to have access to the same tools.

And those Scrolls of Commendations, like several other items are, to my opinion, a MUCH needed tool to remain competitve whether in PvP or in PvE...

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I regards to my previous post.. do all of you think this is totally okay? That you can get this thing stuck and shoot it from range? I mean how doesn't anyone see the negatives of end game content distribution like that

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I regards to my previous post.. do all of you think this is totally okay? That you can get this thing stuck and shoot it from range? I mean how doesn't anyone see the negatives of end game content distribution like that
The "negative" of end game distribution in a shortage of it ?

A shortage that causes skyrocketing prices which then cause inequality among players with a few having top gear and a lot of others just sitting there and watching them and not being able to compete, neither in PvP for lesser gear nor in PvE for less looting rights ?

And all that forcing those players who do not have access to that end game items to have to engage into alienating enormous grinding to try get the outrageous amounts of gold which those few players holding the Monopoly of that end game content keep asking ?

Alienating, enormous grinding which, eventually, OF COURSE that deter players from wanting to keep playing....

Sure, REDUCED end game distribution IS very MUCH negative, at least to my looking....

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not 'stuck' and it can still kill you from that position, and can cast RC's on you and flames. You still need to xheal or spell heal and even move when it gets too toasty or it summons on you. If one moves in the wrong direction it will move and you have to reposition it and just getting it to that better position to kill it to start with often results in death trying to lure it. I am certainly OK with using the game terrain to better kill mobs.

The ONLY way I have been able to 'solo' that with two toons is due to this, even then I have died a lot in the process or one time actually ran out of arrows even though I took in about 3000 of them. Not an easy feat. 2 Archers one with honor/bushido on.

There are lots of areas where game terrain is used to fight mobs, ie ledges in underworld, from teleporting to banks in eodon, lost lands, despise encounter etc. It is called 'learning' how to get the better of a mob by experience.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is not 'stuck' and it can still kill you from that position, and can cast RC's on you and flames. You still need to xheal or spell heal and even move when it gets too toasty or it summons on you. If one moves in the wrong direction it will move and you have to reposition it and just getting it to that better position to kill it to start with often results in death trying to lure it. I am certainly OK with using the game terrain to better kill mobs.

The ONLY way I have been able to 'solo' that with two toons is due to this, even then I have died a lot in the process or one time actually ran out of arrows even though I took in about 3000 of them. Not an easy feat. 2 Archers one with honor/bushido on.

There are lots of areas where game terrain is used to fight mobs, ie ledges in underworld, from teleporting to banks in eodon, lost lands, despise encounter etc. It is called 'learning' how to get the better of a mob by experience.
I'd be so pissed if I brought 3k arrows and ran out before boss died haha

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrower/Bard is the set up we (2 players) use. I wouldn't suggest any single player template for Exodus.

This just isn't a viable option regardless of the template imho.

And on a related note:

That pic shows a swordsmanship weapon, whereas the previous setups have Thrower, Bard, Macer and Fencer? This confused us a bit. Care to elaborate?
Sorry abt the confusion. I should of been more clear. The weapon could be anything, I was trying to show properties. The pic was meant to illustrate & acknowledge the importance of the often misunderstood & underutilized Hit Fatigue property that @PlayerSkillFTW recommended:thumbup1:.

You want the Leaf Blade to be reforged for Mana Leech or Hit Fatigue,
I was also trying to illustrate that it doesn't necessarily have to be either/or - you can have both on your weapon with mana drain which is also often underutilized & makes many bosses a cakewalk. I put 100% damage increase on my suits which gives me the option of an extra mod on whetstoned weapons. There's a very noticeable difference when flamestrikes & e-bolts turn to fireballs & lightning (all casting turns to nothing over level 3 spells in a boss fight using mana drain). Combine w/ fatigue to negate tons of damage similar to feint. The cumulative effect simply takes longer to fully proc. Once it does though, no spell is needed & will last till the boss dies(provided u keep hitting him) instead of a 6 second feint effect.

And did you describe that carefully planned out Thrower somewhere else?
I have not. It would possibly require another thread (if it hasn't already been addressed) in probably another section of the forums.

I hope that I am entitled to see things differently.
Absolutely 100% as we all do in ways. I was merely pointing out the game makers intent has never been a solo game & there's almost always a means to an end. The Scroll of Power debate has been going on for +15 yrs in dozens of threads & I most certainly see things differently but that's not the topic of this thread.

HLL will actually damage you against Exodus, Osiredon, Corgul or Necromancer/Sampire Captains due to their Corrupted Life. I'd prefer to have 50% HLA over that. Especially considering my Sampire has GM SS, and can use Curse Weapon, which is superior to HLL on weps.
Also the Blackthorn's Assassin Captains have Corrupted Life & damage life leeching players(you probably meant them as Sampires do not). I use a double axe with 70 hit lightning instead of life leech for them & a different staff. I use HLA on a few weapons where HLL doesn't work, its a very nice debuff no doubt but mainly I go for damage output & tank. I don't play sampires, don't like them. I prefer a warrior w/ healing. Combine healing & HLL gives a superior effect to curse weapon w/ better performance, such as Navrey that webs or Slasher's paralysis (often EM event monsters too). 75 all resists on an exceptional armored swampy & capped out all damage eater, I can heal through things that will very often kill sampires. The icing on the cake being when you do have another friendly healer/warrior, you both become damn near unkillable from cross-healing as you touched on.

It's much more labor intensive then sampires but tbh it keeps my attention better so I don't die. Sampires literally bore me to death ... I stop paying attention, fall asleep while fighting bosses, & end up dead due to something stupid. In my case, the easy button is broken.:grin:

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's 100% stuck? End game content being completed by an AFK bard with special up, and 1-2 throwers just chilling at 11 range. The only thing the Exodus can "cast" on you is wildfire, which the bard skill allows you to relax in, or want to actually solo? High HPR or 75 Fire or HLL / Vamp would all let you just afk in the wildfire.

This is supposed to be a group level encounter, and a hard one, and you can AFK the thing with 1 thrower, or efficiently with 2 throwers and a bard , because of the way the terrain is. T

hat's not intended, that's not "high ground", the thing is stuck because of the ledge, you maintain flag so it "walks" at you, but can't move SouthEast, and just relaxes and gets shot.

I can make a video and blow the whole thing up and hopefully the Devs can take the 5 minutes to fix it?
The posters are complaining about not finding a group. And the average player would not know how to get it stuck.

If it takes 3000 arrows it should just stick somewhere.

Lots of players here have better skills and more knowledge than the average player.

This is not an issue of better equipment. @PlayerSkillFTW or @MissEcho could take my toons there and be a lot more successful than I would be.

Ya go ahead and let the devs fix this. Then there will be even fewer that will try this.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 100% stuck? End game content being completed by an AFK bard with special up, and 1-2 throwers just chilling at 11 range. The only thing the Exodus can "cast" on you is wildfire, which the bard skill allows you to relax in, or want to actually solo? High HPR or 75 Fire or HLL / Vamp would all let you just afk in the wildfire.

This is supposed to be a group level encounter, and a hard one, and you can AFK the thing with 1 thrower, or efficiently with 2 throwers and a bard , because of the way the terrain is. That's not intended, that's not "high ground", the thing is stuck because of the ledge, you maintain flag so it "walks" at you, but can't move SouthEast, and just relaxes and gets shot.

I can make a video and blow the whole thing up and hopefully the Devs can take the 5 minutes to fix it?
If you made the video it would just convince me that you have actually done Exodus as so much of what you said is wrong.o_O

First, the vast majority of game content can be done AFK using illegal programs & actionable when reported. Whether or not a bard is AFK is totally irrelevant to this conversation & only serves to muddy waters while trying to infer some impropriety. No one is debating that some players don't AFK but it is illegal, most get in trouble eventually & your logic can be applied to most everything in the game. Your point is moot.:next:

If your in range to hit Exodus he casts any & all spells in his ability. With likely 160 or better mysticism/focus (no real way to tell since players can't lore him) he casts high level/damage spells - "only wildfire" is completely wrong. He also summons RCs that can easily kill if not dealt with quickly. High HPR will not counter his attacks nor will 75 fire resist. Of course it will help, that's what its designed to do but certainly not negate. Likewise for Vamp form. HLL is basically worthless for ranged attacks, it was nerfed years ago.:eek:

If u combine HPR, 75 fire resistance, & vamp form on your throwers/archers w/ bard buffs - YES - u can mostly relax until he casts RC & destroys the player not paying attention. A combination of said skills, spells, & tactics using several players & templates w/ cross healing in a group level encounter that works? WOW... amazing... must be a bug that needs squashing !:spider:

Easily killed by spells while luring him to a spot, navigation of the damage incurring traps intentionally placed leading towards that spot, then managing to get out of that dead end spot alive? That must have been unintentional right? :coco:

PLEASE make that video and "blow the whole thing up" to show the Devs exactly what they intentionally created while helping other players that may not know a solid tactic for their group encounter. With luck we'll have a lot more folks doing Exodus, farming for keys that bring more players to a relatively dead dungeon where they can meet others wanting to do the same boss & plan more future Exodus runs as a community. If that happens it would be horrible when quality legendary items become available to a much larger base w/ prices dropping due to availability, right? If others couldn't charge so much for items & folks could upgrade suits at a reasonable cost while building a stronger community I'm all for it. Video that junk up bro !:thumbsup:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have never done exodus, I have no idea which one of you are accurate hahaha this does make me want to try though

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The posters are complaining about not finding a group. And the average player would not know how to get it stuck.

If it takes 3000 arrows it should just stick somewhere.

Lots of players here have better skills and more knowledge than the average player.

This is not an issue of better equipment. @PlayerSkillFTW or @MissEcho could take my toons there and be a lot more successful than I would be.

Ya go ahead and let the devs fix this. Then there will be even fewer that will try this.
I get your point, but if the system leans toward easily exploitable by power gaming... do you think there's a balance issue here that's not being met? I'm just curious of solutions

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get your point, but if the system leans toward easily exploitable by power gaming... do you think there's a balance issue here that's not being met? I'm just curious of solutions
The fact that that encounter is rare for the average player, I do not think there needs to be a "solution".

What % of the active playerbase do you think does Exodus? How many times have you done it since December 1st 2018?

Power gamers will be better than >98% of the playerbase. They have time, knowledge, and coordination to play UO better. We should not design content for/or against powergamers.

ok more words to make what Ender said.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was also trying to illustrate that it doesn't necessarily have to be either/or - you can have both on your weapon with mana drain which is also often underutilized & makes many bosses a cakewalk. I put 100% damage increase on my suits which gives me the option of an extra mod on whetstoned weapons. There's a very noticeable difference when flamestrikes & e-bolts turn to fireballs & lightning (all casting turns to nothing over level 3 spells in a boss fight using mana drain). Combine w/ fatigue to negate tons of damage similar to feint. The cumulative effect simply takes longer to fully proc. Once it does though, no spell is needed & will last till the boss dies(provided u keep hitting him) instead of a 6 second feint effect.
Yeah, my Sampire has GM SS, so he can also go into Wraith Form (so Wammy) to drain all of the opponent's Mana (i basically have infinite Mana doing this until the enemy runs out) while keeping 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon. I would do this against Cora to reduce her damage output to just her Hydra Breath basically. The Dragon Turtle is one of the few opponents that Hit Fatigue/Mana basically doesn't work on, since he has 300 in every Regen the last i checked, he out regens it too fast.

Also the Blackthorn's Assassin Captains have Corrupted Life & damage life leeching players(you probably meant them as Sampires do not). I use a double axe with 70 hit lightning instead of life leech for them & a different staff. I use HLA on a few weapons where HLL doesn't work, its a very nice debuff no doubt but mainly I go for damage output & tank. I don't play sampires, don't like them. I prefer a warrior w/ healing. Combine healing & HLL gives a superior effect to curse weapon w/ better performance, such as Navrey that webs or Slasher's paralysis (often EM event monsters too). 75 all resists on an exceptional armored swampy & capped out all damage eater, I can heal through things that will very often kill sampires. The icing on the cake being when you do have another friendly healer/warrior, you both become damn near unkillable from cross-healing as you touched on.

It's much more labor intensive then sampires but tbh it keeps my attention better so I don't die. Sampires literally bore me to death ... I stop paying attention, fall asleep while fighting bosses, & end up dead due to something stupid. In my case, the easy button is broken.:grin:
Yeah, when solo, my Macer will at first use a Hit Fatigue War Axe or Maul to bring a Blackthorn Captain down to 0% Stam, then i'll switch to a 70% Hit Lightning War Axe or Maul. Unless it's one of those Captains that heals off of Physical Damage, then i'll use a 100% Fire War Axe or Maul.
HLA does increase your tankiness, due to decreasing the frequency that you get hit. If HLA causes even just a Para Cu Sidhe to miss you, that's 45-50 less damage you have to heal.
In fights where you get stunned and can't attack back, such as Navrey or Slasher, Healing definitely has an advantage over any leeching. Or against Corrupted Life mobs. On most other mobs though, Curse Weapon is incredibly powerful. Curse Weapon gives +50% Hit Life Drain (different from Life Leech nowadays, they used to be the same 15 years ago), which stacks with the 20% Hit Life Drain from Vamp Form, for 70% Hit Life Drain total. My Sampire heals 3.5x more than your average Sampire, due to GM SS Curse Weapon. I can take a 120 damage hit from Chief Paroxysmus (and that's while riding a Swampy), and leech back my entire 150 Health pool back in a single 250+ damage Double Strike.
My version of the Sampire, with GM SS, is a bit more interactive than the usual Sampire, since i have to refresh Curse Weapon every 30 secs, and Corpse Skin if i'm fighting a Fire/Poison weak foe (Corpse Skin+Onslaught is -35 Fire or Poison Resist with right wep). Sometimes i'll use Animate Dead as well for some extra damage dealers if the corpses are powerful enough. I can also switch to Necro Mastery and use dual Skeletal Dragons if i'm fighting something that AI is better than DS against.

The fact that that encounter is rare for the average player, I do not think there needs to be a "solution".

What % of the active playerbase do you think does Exodus? How many times have you done it since December 1st 2018?
Me and my guild did Exodus 3 times last Saturday. Each time there was about 15 of us. This was on Atlantic though, and i'm in the biggest guild in all of UO, lol. That kind of stuff is why i switched from playing on a dead shard like Napa, to mostly playing on Atlantic (even if i get much worse ping). I missed doing Bosses and stuff with an actual group, and having that sense of community in UO.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"I can take a 120 damage hit from Chief Paroxysmus (and that's while riding a Swampy), and leech back my entire 150 Health pool back in a single 250+ damage Double Strike."

That's awesome!!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Whammy templates have ruled the game for boss fights since necro was introduced. HIGHLY effective & OP - they need a hard nerf ASAP. :rolleyes:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that was done 5 years ago. The available gear is better today. Exodus didn't have Parry back then though.

How long does it take to get keys for 15 ppl and how?
A guildy of mine gets a bunch of his chars down there (multiple accounts), summons RCs/EVs with them, then uses one char to lure in mobs to the summons. Multiple chars gaining looting rights on the mob gives better odds for getting the keys. Plus the Summoning Rites can be easily crafted, requiring just 5 Daemon Blood, 1 Taint, 5 Daemon Bone and 1 Summon Daemon Scroll per. In total, he farmed about 45 sets of keys for that hunt, lol.

Last edited: