• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Is there a Tamers' friendly Guide to Imbuing ingredients collecting ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering, is there somewhere a Guide that is Tamers' Friendly to Imbuing Ingredients collecting ? Like essences and the like.

That is, a Guide that helps indicating which pet would be best for collecting which resources and which resources are simply not best for tamers to collect them and other template might be more advisable ?

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, there isn't, but one would not be a bad idea (anyone care to submit one?).

Without such a guide, your best bet is to get some paper or open a spreadsheet, write down each spawn site, its essence type, and the creatures that occur at that spawn. Then, look up those creatures on Stratics or a similar site, see what their weaknesses and special attacks are, and make your decision from that information.

One example can be the spawns with the Fire Daemons, Fire ants, etc..

These spawns have both area effect attacks and ranged attacks you can't really avoid, so you'd want to have the ability to either regen through them, or stay where you only get hit at range, while your pets or summons take the brunt of the damage. You'll also need to hide (or cast invisibility) a LOT to break targeting on you by aggressives. Provocation is also good, both to get the creatures attacking each other (not you) and for the Mastery powers (one of which regens you, your pets and your summons every 4 seconds, plus gives stat boosts). The one between the goblins and Fae spawn on the West side of the abyss gives the better essence of the two, but is considerably more constricted in its terrain. Ironically, the renowneds are easier than the basic spawn is as a whole, provided the spawn is reduced down before you turn your attention to them.

You're on your own, for researching the rest.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, there isn't, but one would not be a bad idea (anyone care to submit one?).

Without such a guide, your best bet is to get some paper or open a spreadsheet, write down each spawn site, its essence type, and the creatures that occur at that spawn. Then, look up those creatures on Stratics or a similar site, see what their weaknesses and special attacks are, and make your decision from that information.

I just recently approached imbuing and so I am slowly building up my knowledge of the spawns and make some experience.

One example can be the spawns with the Fire Daemons, Fire ants, etc..

These spawns have both area effect attacks and ranged attacks you can't really avoid, so you'd want to have the ability to either regen through them, or stay where you only get hit at range, while your pets or summons take the brunt of the damage. You'll also need to hide (or cast invisibility) a LOT to break targeting on you by aggressives.
They are the first ones I tried, because they are near entrances. I noticed the problems with the area effect spells. Very limiting for a tamer wanting to heal a pet.

By the way, often I found myself unable to loot the corpses and so I fear I lost essences, because of the massive spawn at times. It would not be bad if there was separate decay timer for corpses already looted and corpses not yet looted.....

Also, I found my rate of essences dropping extremely low. Does wearing luck help essences drop rates by any chance ? Does also wearing luck help at the chances to get anything nice from the renowned when it gets killed ?

Provocation is also good, both to get the creatures attacking each other (not you) and for the Mastery powers (one of which regens you, your pets and your summons every 4 seconds, plus gives stat boosts).
I have thought about it but truth is, that Masteries are extremely Mana intensive and those spawns requiring to heal the pet with spells might be too demanding on mana to afford using any Bard mastery.

The one between the goblins and Fae spawn on the West side of the abyss gives the better essence of the two, but is considerably more constricted in its terrain.

I am not sure which one are you referring to, here. Which spawn gives the better essence and why would this essence be considered as better ?

You're on your own, for researching the rest.
Trying to, thanks a lot for the kind help.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure which one are you referring to, here. Which spawn gives the better essence and why would this essence be considered as better ?
It's the Fire Temple Ruins mini-spawn (See the map images in this post - you want the area labelled 1.D - http://vboards.stratics.com/1401607-post29.html). They drop Essence of Order (used for Lower Mana Cost imbues). The spawn is pretty easy there. Level one is fire ants, lava lizards, and lava snakes. Level 2 is lava serpents, hell cats, and hellhounds. Level 3 is lava elementals and fire daemons. The renowned is a fire daemon.

I imagine the only one you'd have trouble with as a tamer are the fire ants due to their movement speed. If you get in trouble fall back to where the pixies spawn (4.E on the previously mentioned map).