• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a price guide for rare colored cu sidhes and hiryus?

K

ki-rin

Thinking about selling some of my rare colored pets. A price guide would help me a lot. Thanks!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will totally depend on your shard and it's player activity. I generally have no problems selling GOOD dragons and rare colored cu sidhes, hiryus are a little more touch and go. I mainly play GL and Atl, and I always can get more on Atlantic for the same pet. I know that isn't the information you are looking for, but it's the best I can do. In "general", on Atlantic, a white or black pup with decent stats will get me 6-9 million. The same cu on GL will bring 5-8. Drags I generally get 2-5, though on GL I'm currently trying to sell a real solid 4.2 drag for 5 million with no takers currently.

T

Travis82

What pets you have im on cats but i have to xfer to atl to get a few things before i return to formosa.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, best I've ever gotten for a white pup 4+ was 5 mil (untrained) on Atlantic. Poor stats, 3 mil. That was probably a year ago though. If prices have gone up that much, I should get out there and farm some pups! :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about selling some of my rare colored pets. A price guide would help me a lot. Thanks!
I'd suggest looking up the pet sellers on your shard and check their profiles. Often you can gauge what others are charging that way. Then you ideally want to see which colours are favoured on that shard, sometimes it's shadow/ice cu's, other shards might go for the blues. I don't think I've ever gotten a good price for ice blue on Europa, for example :D

But...

I think pet pricing is really elastic. I've had pets I'd consider pretty but useless, yet they sold for 3 mil+ because the tamer really wanted that colour. Then the next time I'll try selling a better pup and nobody wants it. I like to charge what my customer feels the pet is worth to them because it varies wildly between customers. And nobody can accuse you of ripping them off when they made the bid.

The tricky bit with pet trading, compared to items, is storage. If you're trading steadily, you want fast sales or you'll find you're not earning anything and people forget that you sell pets. And if you find it fun to match pets to owners and work the spawns, you need to move pets on steadily.

I tend to post on the trade forums asking for offers because I find that gets a fast offer. You can always say no if you feel it's too low, but tbh I've never had that problem and I'm not an uber trader. I do it intensively for bursts when I'm in the mood, and I do very well from it.

When you start out, doing a large volume of trades will get you known pretty quickly and you'll get orders. That's when I'll charge more gold usually - if the buyer has very specific requirements or a short deadline. But, when you're turning over coloured pet spawns, it's great if you have new owners lined up.

Remember to loot gold from the pets you kill turning over the spawn too. Then, even if it's a while between good pets, you've got a nice gold stash building up.

Wenchy

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Which shard?