• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is spellweaving good on pets?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've tried every magic at least once on pets except spellweaving. Thinking of trying it on a Cu or a lesser.

Some old posts stated that pets cast word of death on themselves, has this been fixed?

In general does spellweaving work well on pets?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They cast Thunderstorm, Wildfire. I know for sure. I hope they cast Essence of wind.

They cast WoD at any time. So they waste mana.

I dont know what else they cast. But there are some good spells they could use from spellweaving.

Make one a lesser and try it out. Get the weaving above 100. Some say the level does not matter. Those are the players that don't have a 120 pet to test with.

Too bad they do not get the mastery so they would cast the shield.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I threw SW on a Serp Drag and was very disappointed in it personally. One of my my main complaints about SW being on a pet is the WoD deal. Even when they finally cast WoD when the mob is low on health they do not get the bonus of a focus so they do not get the high end damage that WoD should bring. When it comes to the "other" magics I would much rather run around with my Skree and the Mysticsm it has than one with Spellweaving.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don’t recall my spell weaving pets ever casting WoD on themselves, so I can’t say other then my sw pets don’t.

Spell weaving pets will cast essence of wind, I have seen that happen. They will also cast gift of renewal on themselves, as well as arcane empowerment. I think I’ve seen every spell that is NOT a form, a summons or a charm.

With that said, I much prefer a mysticism pet over a spell weaving pet. Just comparing only those 2 schools of magic.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Looks like my SW 120 PS will go to my TOON rather than the pet then..(No brainer..), but have to figure out how to squeeze SW in a toon that is a disco tamer with only like 60 points left. May have to stone Vet and see how it goes..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Looks like my SW 120 PS will go to my TOON rather than the pet then..(No brainer..), but have to figure out how to squeeze SW in a toon that is a disco tamer with only like 60 points left. May have to stone Vet and see how it goes..
Dropping Vet should be no huge issue if you have SW on the char. Keep "Gift of Life" on pet and remember to not let the pet rez until it is on the ground (if it is a "flying pet") and you should be good to go.

I usually cast Gift on myself, then on my pet.. watch the timer in the status bar.. and cast again as needed.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Dropping Vet should be no huge issue if you have SW on the char. Keep "Gift of Life" on pet and remember to not let the pet rez until it is on the ground (if it is a "flying pet") and you should be good to go.

I usually cast Gift on myself, then on my pet.. watch the timer in the status bar.. and cast again as needed.
then to rez pet you need to unstone vet and rez I guess? Whats the minimum vet for rez pet needed? 80? or less?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't let the pet die or use Gift of Life like he said. That will res the pet but it has 0 HP so do it in a safe spot.

Or have another player res it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
then to rez pet you need to unstone vet and rez I guess? Whats the minimum vet for rez pet needed? 80? or less?

If you use Gift of Life on the pet it acts the same way as it does on your Character. It's a "self rez" spell that comes in really handy for solo hunters the MAIN reason I trained SW on my tamer lol he died a LOT at one point. When your pet dies you get a prompt to allow the rez (like you do when someone else attempts to rez your pet)... do not click "accept" on that unless your pet is 100% on the ground. If the pet is in the air at all it will not work correctly and you will lose the rez attempt totally.

The only other work around for not carrying Vet on your Tamer is the "Elixir of Rebirth"... I can't remember if they have a cool down timer on them like the Stable Rez deal has though.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They cast natures fury, Thunderstorm, Wildfire. I know for sure. I hope they cast Essence of wind.

I dont know what else they cast. But there are some good spells they could use from spellweaving.

Make one a lesser and try it out. Get the weaving above 100. Some say the level does not matter. Those are the players that don't have a 120 pet to test with.

Too bad they do not get the mastery so they would cast the shield.
They shouldn't be casting natures fury. Thats a summons spell like Energy Vortex and blade spirit.

Put Put

Visitor
One of my first maxed pets was a spellweaving pet on my bard/tamer. He had good survivability since I had no spellweaving on my template and did well at spawns. But now having spellweaving tamers I would not make another one they conflict with you since they cast low level renew on themselves. Them casting WoD at the right time is a big rng game and in reality is only a small difference from a ai/chivs pets top hits. I don't ever see them doing thunderstorm, I usually just see essence of wind and wyldfyre. If they could cast gift of life on themselves I feel like it would be worth it for someone with no spellweaving. For magic casting pets I rather use a mystic pet, and this is very situational, like soloing tmap spawn(mass sleep is a real win sometimes).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They shouldn't be casting natures fury. Thats a summons spell like Energy Vortex and blade spirit.
No natures fury. I was thinking of the birds from mystic. (they make bird noises)

So, we have Thunderstorm, Wildfire, Essence of wind, Gift of renewal, Arcane empowerment and Word of Death.

Hows that list?