• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is spell damage delay documented anywhere?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For an example, I notice that a fireball spell has a delay between targeting and actually applying damage to the target. Meanwhile a spell like harm does not seem to have a delay, or at least a much lower delay between targeting and applying damage. Does anyone have a source on these numbers? UOGuide mentions a delay for spells but it seems this is referencing cast time, and not the delay that occurs between targeting and applying damage. Fireball - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
not documented. Probably all about 0.75 seconds, with the exception of
explosion. Reason for that figure is, you can cast evil omen after delayed spells and get it to impact first, and evil omen is unofficialy documented as 0.5seconds.

weaken/feeble mind/clumsy no delay
Magic arrow delay
Harm no delay
Poison no delay
Fireball delay
Lightning no delay
Mindblast delay
Energy bolt delay
Explode long delay
Flame strike delay
Meteor swarm delay
Chain lighting delay
Earthquake smaller delay

nether bolt delay
Purge magic no delay(if buff present)
Eagle strike delay
Bombard delay
Spell plague no delay
Hailstorm no delay
Nethercyclone no delay

poisonstrike no delay
Wither no delay
Evil omen no delay
Pain spike no delay

holy fist delay

9518F112-6C17-414A-8C0F-BA09B5366D17.jpeg

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And for some spells, the damage foesnt apply till just before the graphic hits. You can run a ways before fireball hits you, but the graphic is faster than mounted speed.

Try it out.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah I was wondering that. I was running a few tests just with some mobs and it felt like the delay was the same with fireball whether i was touching the mob or at the furthest possible distance away to cast it. I didn't try anything that was attempting to outrun it at mounted speed.