• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is My House Haunted?

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, now today I just realized that there are 2 different types of metal boxes, and strong boxes. (Those little gold boxes.) Both have ones that will hold 125 items and weigh 1 stone when empty. BUT, there are certain ones that will only hold 25 items and those weigh 100 stones when empty. Well, I just emptied the one I had that only held 25 items and released it so I could replace it with one that holds 125 items, but now that it's empty and not locked down, it cannot be picked up! I tried to pick it up to put in my backpack, but it just won't be picked up. It's not locked down, it's empty, my backpack is not full and I have pleanty of strength to carry it. Guess I'll have to just wait to see if it degrades. Weird glitch, or is this a common thing with those metal boxes and strong boxes that only hold 25 items?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turn it with a deco tool, fixes it, if i remember right

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, from long ago memory, when you turn it, it will become a 125 item box...something about the facing?

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I still can't pick it up. It still says it will only hold 25 items.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
even after turning? hmmm
Try locking it down (not securing) and then using retrieve from the context menu?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These 25 item boxes were originally created using the "Place Strongbox" command which basically let co-owners place their own little storage box. I suspect there is still some leftover code which recognizes these boxes as such and this is probably what you are running up against.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried everything, but no go. So I just let it degrade and placed a new one that has a 125 item capacity.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These 25 item boxes were originally created using the "Place Strongbox" command which basically let co-owners place their own little storage box. I suspect there is still some leftover code which recognizes these boxes as such and this is probably what you are running up against.
Ahhh forgot all about the co-owner strongbox!