• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Magic Resist a must have on pally template?

• Thread starter Sethblackmoore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sethblackmoore

I have like 88 on a another char I could transfer over to a new pally I'm building for my wife and will be making frequent stops in doom. So is resist a must have? Have they changed it much in the last 2 years? I've been gone for awhile.

P

Pothoz

I dont find it necesarry with Resist if you are a paladin.. Since curses and poison can be removed very quickly.. the trick i do if poisoned is i load a bandage, cast "cleansed by fire" or whatever the name is then when am cured am healed the second after..

But it depends some people like it, some dont.. I just find it waste of good skill points cause either you have 0 resist or atleast GM.. Anything between is useless

My point of view atleast

D

dorkuberalles

resist is great if you solo much, if you stick in a group, it's not nearly as important.

however, with the last change, resist reduces blood oath damage a great deal, which is a nice benefit.

G

I have 85 Resist on my Paladin and will be dropping it to about 80 in order to raise some other skills. It's handy for a solo warrior to offset paralyze and to some point the clumsy, weaken, blood oath, feeblemind spells.

Early on Paralyze seemd to be my downfall - from Reapers mainly - but now Resist is helping me stave off Dragons to an extent. They have to cast on me 3 or 4 times for one spell to stick. By that time, I've got them to the point they are healing themselves more than trying to cast on me.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

resist is great if you solo much, if you stick in a group, it's not nearly as important.

however, with the last change, resist reduces blood oath damage a great deal, which is a nice benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think of it the other way. Solo, resist isn't that important to me, but in a group it can be very important. The reason for that is simply to resist the spell paralyze. Alone, I simply wait the spell out and continue on my merry way. I never actually lose anything while paralyzed, and I can take the time to rest or regain mana or start healing myself or make a plan for what comes next. In a group, if I get paralyzed, then I hold the whole group back while they wait for me to regain my senses. Or worse, they kill whatever paralyzed me and I have to wait it out alone while they go out and do more fun stuff.

The one time where I always bring a character with resist is when I do Felucca champion spawns.