• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Lake Superior worth returning to?

S

sevan

I just reactivated my main account and upgraded to SA. I still have a house on the beach at Magencia (or at least what is left as it now appears to be a haunted island) and most of my chars are on LS. However, is LS still one of the more populated shards? How about events and role playing? What about the High Council is it still going strong?

Note: I heard that Galen and a few other key role players from HC left LS for GL. I am not looking forward to picking up and moving but I really enjoy roleplaying and playing with others.

K

King Durango

I don't know how depopulated LS is compared to other shards but depending on how long it has been since you've been gone, then of course the population is down. Mind you, there is a lot of new land area for the population to spread out in. As for events, virtually every week, four times a week there are community hunts http://uo.stratics.com/news/LakeSuperior.shtml#newsitem1258378020,89351,

Community Hunt - Week of November 16th

Want to go hunting but don't have a big enough group? Are you looking for good guides to dungeons you've yet to explore?

The community hunts are open to everyone! Come show your support for the Lake Superior community and take a walk on the wild side at the same time. Meet some new and old friends and have a bit of a challenge along the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fan Dancer Dojo hunt
Date: Tuesday, November 17th
Time: 8:00PM CST
Starting Location: Skara Brae Community Center, next to the bank
Host: Taeara Mi'Aken

Community Peerless Hunt
Date: Wednesday, November 18th

Lava Caldera mini-champ hunt (Stygian Abyss Required)
Date: Thursday, November 19th

Community Champion Spawn Hunt
Date: Friday, November 20th
Time: 9:00PM CST
Hosts: Taeara Mi'aken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And remember, these hunts are for everyone, regardless of their skill level or guild affiliation. Come meet new friends, see new places, gain experience and just have fun.

Sabina Nikolai,
High Marshall, Community Hunt Organizer
The Order of the Silver Rose

S

sevan

Thanks, I need to work on my chars to be able to PvM well again but I hope to join in on the hunts again soon. If you hear of any other RP events happening soon on LS, please let me know so I can attend/join in.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The high council still meets on its regular schedule.

A

Ashani79

When is the HC meetings scheduled? I have not been around much lately.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are Jaywalh or Morgan, well no.

If not, join up with Airmid and the Ems, you will have fun!