• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it time to change armor again?

G

Isent it time to change armor again so there is pro and con to use leather and plate?
What should be the difference and why?

E

eolsunder1

Well since this has been discussed about 1000 times before, i don't think we really need to discuss it again do we?

Y

Yewish News

If it needs to be discussed 1000 times for the message to reach EA, then we'll discuss it 1000 times!

G

If it needs to be discussed 1000 times for the message to reach EA, then we'll discuss it 1000 times!

So true.

S

Suggestor

<blockquote><hr>

Isent it time to change armor again so there is pro and con to use leather and plate?
What should be the difference and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are comparing runic items, it is clear that leather is better than plate in most cases due to the fact that the former is med, thus giving the wearer a superior advantage (if he has invested in the med skill).

However, plate armour are not necessarily inferior to leather. The jackal's collar is one of the most useful warrior's gorget out there... and it is plate armour. I also see some warriors wearing the helm of insight (plate helm).

Warriors who choose to wear non-med armour also have a wider variety of armour to choose from. One of my warrior prefers the gauntlets of nobility instead of stormgrip because the resists fit nicely. Of course, he happens to wear the jackal's collar also to take full advantage of the dex boost.

I am not actually opposing your proposed change. However, in considering whether to either nerf leather armour or boost plate armour (or other forms of non-med armour), we need to know the benefits of both leather and plate.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Well since this has been discussed about 1000 times before, i don't think we really need to discuss it again do we?

[/ QUOTE ]

One would think you'd need to discuss it until the issue was resolved...