• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] IS it still possible to solo bosses with these skills?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Template is sami pally hybrid that has been around for years...But I have been gone since 2009

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

helm of insight
gauntlets of nobility
jackals collar
rune beetle carapace
fey leggings
high resist mana regen 2 sleeves
ring, 13 HCI/DCI, resists
brace 12 HCI/ 10 DCI, 7 LMC, resists
5 DCI quiver
primer on arms talisman
crimson

stats with gear on:
str- 130 hit points
dex- 145
int- 78

lowest resist is 63 and highest is 66, 48 DCI, 30 lmc, 7 mana regen, 40 DI (minus weapon), for weapons,.

I use is an unenhanced ornate axe with high SSI, DI, Mana leech and HLD

the technique weuse to use is.....
In a nutshell: C/W, Divine, EoO, 10 lvl of perfection, critical hit (non slayer weapon) going off along with the counter attack (normally when soloing big bosses I keep evasion up at all times.

I am just coming back and I am curious what if any of this has been nerfed? This use to be a good pvp and an unstoppable pvm template.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't see why not.

You could certainly improve upon your suit. My suit isn't "great", and my template is for sure a bit different. Right now I'm in 5x studded + the HLD reading glasses.
My suit is basically:
all 70s(or better - after I cast vamp)
53 LMC
45 DCI (overcapping doesn't "work" anymore I believe)
HCI is 45 when I'm use Divine
186 stam
130 HP
186 stam
72 mana

I run 0 regens on the suit.

Why use axe instead of something faster? Maybe you used it back before they went through and re-normalized all the weapons?

I personally don't think you're doing yourself any favors running some of those artifacts...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see why not.

You could certainly improve upon your suit. My suit isn't "great", and my template is for sure a bit different. Right now I'm in 5x studded + the HLD reading glasses.
My suit is basically:
all 70s(or better - after I cast vamp)
53 LMC
45 DCI (overcapping doesn't "work" anymore I believe)
HCI is 45 when I'm use Divine
186 stam
130 HP
186 stam
72 mana

I run 0 regens on the suit.

Why use axe instead of something faster? Maybe you used it back before they went through and re-normalized all the weapons?

I personally don't think you're doing yourself any favors running some of those artifacts...
YA I did that suit back before imbuing....I will definitely rework my suit once I get him back on my home shard. I also use twinkling scimitar with a nice shield at times or the soulseeker but I like the ornate axe because it does huge damage so it leeches life and mana at a great rate and because it is slower I never drain my mana pool like some faster weapons do. With lighten strike it still hits about 1/sec it seems. but I will definitely have to experiment.

I don't know what you mean by..."before they renormalized weapons"??? can you please explain...I have been gone since 2009 :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There used to be weapons that, given the same speed, had better damage than the others. Radiant scimitar used to do more damage than Katana, but were the same speed. I think there was an axe that was the same way, but I do not remember what one.

I use 100% HML broadswords which I swing at 1.25 seconds (max is 1.25) , AI more or less every swing, and only rarely run out of mana - occasionally I'll roll 2-3 very low leeches in a row.

If you want to use lightning strike on every hit, then you can skip having any HCI on your suit, as LS gives you the max HCI. Then you can use those sweet sweet jewelery slots for more useful stuff.