• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it safe to keep gold in wall safe?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I was wondering if it's "safe" to keep amounts of gold in a wall safe (assuming the wall safe is set with proper security). This seems like the easiest way to allow 2 accounts to access the gold - but in the past, I always felt that my gold was more safe in the bank than in my house.

Thoughts? Are the wall safes intended to be used for gold storage?

Thanks!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I was wondering if it's "safe" to keep amounts of gold in a wall safe (assuming the wall safe is set with proper security). This seems like the easiest way to allow 2 accounts to access the gold - but in the past, I always felt that my gold was more safe in the bank than in my house.

Thoughts? Are the wall safes intended to be used for gold storage?

Thanks!
The wall safe is great if you have a guild or multiple accounts. Your also limited to how much gold you can place in the wall safe. If you only have one account, then all character's have the same access to the bank gold.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can place more than one wall safe, different secures on each, so one for trading between your accounts, one for trading with friends, one for trading with guild. It do have a log of who added/removed gold.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
It would be cool if they could be lockpicked though. :grin:

Add powerscrolls for lockpicking, make some enhanced lockpicks available through treasure map chest loot and let a Legendary Lockpicker be able to pick the wall safes.

The reward for a successful pick should be a small amount of gold (500-1500gp) and/or a random decorative artifact e.g. silver ingots, a cursed monkey paw, a painting... etc.

A wall safe can only be picked one time/week and you can't pick your own safes or safes in houses where you are co-owner or friend. :smile2:

Last edited: