• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to soul stone off taming?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I have multiple tamers and was wondering what would happen if i dropped taming, but kept lore.

Would i still be able to command my trained and bonded 5 slot pets? I assume I would lose the ability to tame new ones or train any pets.

Has anyone used soul stones to move taming off every now and then ?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your pets will disobey your commands if you remove taming. They can go wild that way.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't we lose stable slots if we did that? I'd be afraid I'd also lose the pets in those slots. I wouldn't try it if you have a full stable.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you get back the slots, and only run into issues if you take one out.
if you wanted to use that toon to hold pets, and not use them that would work. but like PSFTW said, you try to use a pet, and your hosed.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is one of the things I have never agreed with though. As soon as someone stones Taming/Lore/Vet from a char they should automatically have the corresponding number of pets kicked out of the stable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is one of the things I have never agreed with though. As soon as someone stones Taming/Lore/Vet from a char they should automatically have the corresponding number of pets kicked out of the stable.
Bad idea. You can get discorded.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bad idea. You can get discorded.
Not like that would be too difficult to code around. We accept laziness and complacency as common place and then make excuses as to why it is acceptable...

always have.. don't guess that will ever change with the UO player base.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As soon as someone stones Taming/Lore/Vet from a char they should automatically have the corresponding number of pets kicked out of the stable.
That would hurt Siege players as they can only have one character and depend on soul stones to do different things. I understand where you are coming from. My tamer on Chessy only changes between peace and disco, I have never and would never remove his taming.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That would hurt Siege players as they can only have one character and depend on soul stones to do different things. I understand where you are coming from. My tamer on Chessy only changes between peace and disco, I have never and would never remove his taming.
Interesting... what did Siege players do before stones? Just make do? Sorry, never played there...

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I truly have no idea, I started there after stones were a thing. I think Soul Stones started with Samauri Empire but I could be wrong. I am guessing before them when UO had a healthy population, people just had more than one account. It seems like most people have trimmed the number accounts they currently play.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, that logic makes no sense. If you stone swords should every sword in your backpack, bankbox and house disappear? If you stone magery should you spellbooks and regs vanish?

If you stone taming, your pets remain, you just can't use them... exactly like any other skill.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why shoukd they be booted? I can see an additional cost per day maybe, its already what? 30 gold a week per pet?

Never really understood why we have limited stable slots anyways

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry, that logic makes no sense. If you stone swords should every sword in your backpack, bankbox and house disappear? If you stone magery should you spellbooks and regs vanish?

If you stone taming, your pets remain, you just can't use them... exactly like any other skill.
You don't get bonus sword, spell book or reg slots based on your swords or magery skills either though do you? If you get a bonus of X if you have Y then once you lose Y you should lose X... kinda simple.

To equate it to swords it would be like the special moves. If you do not maintain the adequate level of skill to perform the moves then you can't use them just because you had the right level on that char at one time.... same should apply to the additional stable slots.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To equate it to swords it would be like the special moves. If you do not maintain the adequate level of skill to perform the moves then you can't use them just because you had the right level on that char at one time.... same should apply to the additional stable slots.
The slots aren't based on special moves but based on skills in taming/vet/lore and then mastery. As was pointed out, no weapons or materials are lost when stoning other skills. The time and effort put into finding and taming the right pet, training and scrolling it, wouldn't be worth it if you lost your pets. Again, on Chessy, I have never stoned taming on my tamers but I have on Siege plus I don't think it would be fair unless the other skills lost their weapons and materials when stoning it off. A warrior can use stones and become a mage, craftsman, or mule. Why should tamers not be able to? It takes a lot more time and effort to make a tamer than a warrior or mage.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
And thats how its working, you cant use your stableslots if you stoned of taming. You can only take out a pet that doesnt requiring any taming, but to be able to stable it again you cant have more then 5 pets in the stable plus any extra stableslots you've bought.