• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to solo the roof as a tamer?

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am working up the courage to try and do the roof with a tamer. Has anyone been able to do it and has tips?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Juno with the skele drags might be hard.

Hes the one that causes issues for me.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chiv ai dog, stats all in the 70s.

She is 120 everything, with 900 hp.

Its hard, but doable.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Draza. I have a AI/Cgiv CU with similar stats but only 700 hit points. Pretty survivable especially with consume. Working on a Triton I was going to try on roof but will try the CU also.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is solo-able. Although Juonar's attack combo can kill you at any moment.

When I used to do solo runs, I would exit the encounter and restart until Juonar was the first boss,
so that way I would not invest 45 mins to get killed at the very end.
I used a disco-ai cu sidhe and a high-sdi suit (for WoD to finish off Bane.)

Now that I think about it, it still bugs me that the encounter ends the moment you die
(with no chance to use virtue, item, or spell for self-resurrection).

Kir

Journeyman
It is very possible though you will need to have suitable gears set up to make it less frustrating fight.
Some tips to consider:
For Juonar:
1. Let it be first boss to reduce frustration
2. Learn to run when things are bad, it's better for the pet to die than you (Especially true if you are discord'ed as you won't be able to mount your pet)
3. I tend to mount my pet and run whenever Juonar pop adds, divide and conquer
4. You will need good enough gears to withstand his combos
5. Orange petals are a must on him, nothing worse than a poison tick that make him chase you till you die
6. Honors work well with him if you don't mind farming it later, though you will still want to divide and conquer his adds.

For Virtuebane:
1. Start with Orange petals, he loves to use Poison at the start of the fight as you aggro him or him chasing you...
2. Use command all stay to prevent his "Invisible > Pet chase you > Him Aoe Stun > Dead" Combo
3. He hit hard, so either stay far away from him to have enough time to cast Invis or have good gears to withstand his blows
4. He actually tend to be more dangerous than Juonar due to his hard hits, with right combo he did end my run in seconds...

For Anon:
Meh

For Samurai-Lord(what's his name?....)
Meh

My set up:
Disco-Tamer with 120 Lesser Hiryu-Chiv AI

PS: Once you get used to Juonar and good gears, he is actually pretty alright, Virtuebane got on my toes when he is the last boss.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It is very possible though you will need to have suitable gears set up to make it less frustrating fight.
Some tips to consider:
For Juonar:
1. Let it be first boss to reduce frustration
2. Learn to run when things are bad, it's better for the pet to die than you (Especially true if you are discord'ed as you won't be able to mount your pet)
3. I tend to mount my pet and run whenever Juonar pop adds, divide and conquer
4. You will need good enough gears to withstand his combos
5. Orange petals are a must on him, nothing worse than a poison tick that make him chase you till you die
6. Honors work well with him if you don't mind farming it later, though you will still want to divide and conquer his adds.

For Virtuebane:
1. Start with Orange petals, he loves to use Poison at the start of the fight as you aggro him or him chasing you...
2. Use command all stay to prevent his "Invisible > Pet chase you > Him Aoe Stun > Dead" Combo
3. He hit hard, so either stay far away from him to have enough time to cast Invis or have good gears to withstand his blows
4. He actually tend to be more dangerous than Juonar due to his hard hits, with right combo he did end my run in seconds...

For Anon:
Meh

For Samurai-Lord(what's his name?....)
Meh

My set up:
Disco-Tamer with 120 Lesser Hiryu-Chiv AI

PS: Once you get used to Juonar and good gears, he is actually pretty alright, Virtuebane got on my toes when he is the last boss.
Can you explain the invisible pet from Virtuebane? Thanks..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also a friend was told by someone that tamed greater dragons are the best pets for this? As they claimed no adds are cast with GD's? Any truth to this? Ty..

Kir

Journeyman
Can you explain the invisible pet from Virtuebane? Thanks..
He has tendency to cast Invisible mid-fight, so if you do not have All stay command on, the pet will run back to you.

In which case 2 scenario might happen,
1. You are far away from Virtuebane and as the pet approaching you with him chasing your pet, he use the Aoe Stun move and will probably kill you in next few hits
2. You are beside him, he uses Invisible > Pet loses target > before you have time to sic the pet on him again> He uses Aoe stun > As you run, your pet still following you with him chasing etc

Not so sure about GD, never uses them ever since I returned....

Note: even if it's true I'm not sure if it's worth using GD given that they are not the strongest/suitable pets for the fight... especially with the bosses changing target sporadically, I would rather bring a hard hitter when solo.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
He has tendency to cast Invisible mid-fight, so if you do not have All stay command on, the pet will run back to you.

In which case 2 scenario might happen,
1. You are far away from Virtuebane and as the pet approaching you with him chasing your pet, he use the Aoe Stun move and will probably kill you in next few hits
2. You are beside him, he uses Invisible > Pet loses target > before you have time to sic the pet on him again> He uses Aoe stun > As you run, your pet still following you with him chasing etc

Not so sure about GD, never uses them ever since I returned....

Note: even if it's true I'm not sure if it's worth using GD given that they are not the strongest/suitable pets for the fight... especially with the bosses changing target sporadically, I would rather bring a hard hitter when solo.
I agree based on what I see here about the pets used for that. I think someone in game was feeding him misinformation, not uncommon sadly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Any time you have a boss that likes to invis always tell pet to "All Follow" then target the boss. The pet does not automatically come back to you, instead it goes to where ever the boss goes. That makes Shadow Knights in Doom much easier than running around casting reveal.

Kir

Journeyman
True for Shadow Knights but on Ozy, the pet tends to run back to you the moment he Invis...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
True for Shadow Knights but on Ozy, the pet tends to run back to you the moment he Invis...
Had no issues with pets running back while fighting him thankfully. I did have an issue with them wandering off when Anon turned Earth Elemental form due to him staying in that form so long. Took the 'All Stay' advise from above and it was very helpful then.

Not sure what pet temps people are using but I used WW/Goo Triton. Worked very well, especially when the mobs spawned but did take a while, WOD sped it up though. Took along a rez account, parked it in the corner just in case. Having that second acct parked in the corner can save some frustration. Especially if you do not tackle Juonar first.

My thoughts on the GD... I don't think it would hold up too well in there honestly. When the mobs spawn to help the boss you need something with area damage and whirlwind imo to knock them down quicker.

Definitely a much more challenging fight with the changes... it was almost something you could do afk with pets before those. I personally like it better now.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to do te roof with a GD back before the pet revamp. You can do it but it takes much longer. Back then the bosses were bugged though and pets (no matter which pet) didn't cause them to summon side spawn. This is probably the origin of the "GDs don't cause spawn" - myth.