• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to gain entry to the Horus Tunnel in Malas?

G

There appears to be (to have been in the past) some quest to gain admission to the Horus Tunnel in Malas. Since it is located near my new home, I'd like very much to be able to mine there. Unfortunately I can't find any info. about entrance to the tunnel, which is blocked by an energy field. Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

G

It was part of the new player quests for Necro/Chiv. When they updated the maps with New Haven a few months ago they removed the old quests. For a few weeks you could walk straight through the fields in KR because of map errors, but that has been fixed. No way in, now.

G

Even with the Scroll of Abraxus, which contains the password you must speak to Horus (who is blind, and knows friend from foe by this magic codeword, alone), you cannot get in. Speak the word as many times as you like, and Horus simply ignores you. Guess Blackrock deafened him, and KR blinded him? Heh (I like KR. I just can't run it smoothly).

Originally, the quest went something like this:
Make a new Necro, hear a story about summoning your daemon father (figuratively speaking) back from banishment in hell, cast Animate Dead on a skeleton in a crypt, talk to the reanimated dead guy, learn what to do, go to Luna, summon a horde daemon to steal the Scroll of Abraxus from that force field room in the north corner, read it, learn what to do, go tell Horus the password from the Scroll of Abraxus, gain entry, go steal the Calling of Kronus, go to summon Kronus from the dark pit in the east of Umbra, kill an NPC Paladin who suddenly burts through the silver gate there, attempt to summon Kronus, nothing happens, guess you must make the world a more evil place before Kronus can return, end of Newbie Quest.