• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to create a dying macro?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it but it didn't work. Maybe I'm just lacking the needed macro skills.
Let's say, I have according dying tubs (cloth, leather, metal, whatever) in my backpack. Now when I hit my macro key, the following should happen:

Unequip my items.
Dye them with the respecive dye tub.
Reequip my items.

Steps 1 & 3 are fairly easy. But I wasn't able to pull off Nr. 2.

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe it would be possible with a macro. Absolutely not in the default ui, but in pinco's, maybe... you would have to store the dye tub, and the armor being dyed as objects. You can only store 5 objects currently in the ui, so it would be the dye tub, and 4 pieces of armor. Ill give it a try here.

1 drag all the store commands to a hot bar from the actions window
2 store dye tub as default object 1 and armor default object 2 thru default object 5
3 create macro
unequip items, add the 4 pieces of armor to this action
target default object 1
use targeted object
target default object 2
cursor target current
target default object 1
use targeted object
target default object 3
cursor target current
target default object 1
use targeted object
target default object 4
cursor target current
target default object 1
use targeted object
target default object 5
cursor target current
equip items, add the pieces of armor to this action also

I'm not sure that will work, Ive never had luck with stored objects. You may have to add a few delay's in there and/or waitfortarg.
The "Use Targeted Object" action may not work for items in your backpack, but if it does work, you would only need to restore default object 1 for different dye tubs, the armor stored objects would stay the same.
Hope this helps..

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately it just works with 5 items and my armor has 8 dyable parts...
I was trying it with the TargetByObjectId-Action (this might be something from Pinco's UI), still no luck.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately it just works with 5 items and my armor has 8 dyable parts...
I was trying it with the TargetByObjectId-Action (this might be something from Pinco's UI), still no luck.
3 words: cursor target stored