• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it normal?

S

soveren

my taming now 105.5 i'm on Ridgeback and getting 0.1 in 2 hours, is it normal gain or maybe i should change location?

G

Goodoljoe

It is veeeeeery slow at that point,taking off skill increase jewelry helps a bit.Most stick to GGS past GM,it will only get worse as you raise skill.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds fairly normal to me...

Best advice I can offer is to either work the zoo turnins or twink up and tame cu's to work the spawn and try spawning a blaze. Otherwise you'll likely go crazy.

Or, if you're into crazy odds, work some champ spawns ideally in Fel and see if you can get one of those magic pink scrolls. I'm not sure which would take longer as a tamer - training or getting the scrolls. But you could get lucky ;) Sadly my luck just got me a 0.1 herding scroll, but I intend to persevere.

Wenchy

D

Deryk the Pirate

another option is to use a soulstone and store some skills so you get more ggs's. I did that and got upto 106. something from 102 in few weeks. Im at 107.5 now, and if you look at the chart http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs.shtml if you drop below 700 skill points (which Im currently at 632) you should get a ggs every day till 115. trust me sometimes it seems every 2 or 3 days till you get a gain... but if you keep up with it all of the sudden ya get a few gains...if you really get stuck go tame some bulls and bam I would get a gain. It's hard and anoying... but worth it. I was happy to get past 105 so I didnt need jewlery to control my pets. Im looking forward to 1 day haveing some nice mage jewlery lol (damage increase and shorter recast time kinda stuff lol).

U

uoBuoY

another option is to use a soulstone and store some skills so you get more ggs's. I did that and got upto 106. something from 102 in few weeks. Im at 107.5 now, and if you look at the chart http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs.shtml if you drop below 700 skill points (which Im currently at 632) you should get a ggs every day till 115. trust me sometimes it seems every 2 or 3 days till you get a gain... but if you keep up with it all of the sudden ya get a few gains...if you really get stuck go tame some bulls and bam I would get a gain. It's hard and anoying... but worth it. I was happy to get past 105 so I didnt need jewlery to control my pets. Im looking forward to 1 day haveing some nice mage jewlery lol (damage increase and shorter recast time kinda stuff lol).
I've doing this with a new Tamer. He's now at 112.2. I work from home so I'm able to login every 8-9 hrs for a GGS 0.1. I SoulStoned all skills except Taming. I marked a rune to the Gaman in Kitsuni Wood. This is by far the least painful way to raise Taming.