• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it me or did the new dupe...

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But see the problem comes in when it's time to take action. First they have to prove that these people have duped and i am sure people who are this good at it go to great lengths to hide the fact that they did anything wrong so how do you prove it. The duped BOD turned in is gone/laundered and the Val hammer/Barbed kit is actually legit (meaning no mark from duping). While i am sure most reasonable people know how it was obtained, it becomes a matter of what you can prove and the fact is...They can't prove squat.

These days its so many people cheating that even honest players have began to join in just to keep up with the economy. I myself have never cheated (if you can forgive a lil macro running while dosing off) and where did it get me? I still can't afford any 120 scrolls for my 7 characters or a nice Orny and HOM for my mage suit. I tried going to doom and all i got was a couple of useless maces in 2 weeks after spending 400k on a gold skull and insurance. It just doesn't pay to be honest these days anymore. You can sit here and gripe all you want but it doesn't change a single thing. The rich continue to be rich and the poor continue to be poor in this game.

Just like when i first quit this game in 2002, dupers rule. They may get caught eventually but the damage they do to this game is everlasting. The only thing that can be done now is to wipe all gold from the server and that is just going to punish everyone and would be terribly unfair to all the honest players out there just trying to make enough to finally be able to afford that crimson they have been dreaming of.

Yes it's sad and yes of course it is unfortunate but it is the reality of Ultima Online. I would actually be impressed and reactivate both of my accounts if they come up with a realistic solution to fix the economy and make this game fair for all players new and old.

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty obvious that there is something "odd" going on when you can buy valorite hammers for under 20mil. It truly is sad seeing UO literally collapse around us. The signs have been there since the total failure of KR but now with the player base at an all time low and the game being literally hijacked by dupers/exploiters for personal gain. I see little left worth saving at this point. It's obvious the people exploiting this game have successfully been able to strong arm the devs. Kinda makes you wonder who's really in control of this game now the designers or the exploiters. Without some SERIOUS changes to both the graphics, duping, bugs, exploitations etc.. I doubt UO will see 2010.

I probably should have quit 2 years ago so i could have looked back on UO fondly instead of having to remember it as the exploited/hacked/duped pile it has become.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well acctually it seems like there is 2 dupes going on atm ....

One that involves runic tools and then one "general" dupe... :stretcher:

You dont belive it? look around, some of the big rares collections been changing owners and now all the sudden unique or very rare Items are popping up for sale in more then the 1 that is unique...

Look at the luna vendors especially the shards that have larger populations ....

You ask how it ruins other peoples game play?

Well i for one would hate to loose my hard earned gold that i been saving for something special, over a duped item, because its getting deleted after i buy it.
Or worse getting my account banned for owning an illagl item.
You can say i dont have to buy the item, but i want to!
Right now i choose not to because i see what going on , but its influencing my game play because i cant do what i would like to

C

concernedplayer

Thank you for your answer. I wish that people would stop duping. I see no need to dupe anything at all. I've been playing UO for a number of years and never had the need so why do they? Most of my armor/weps that I use are made by my own (mule) char. I may not have billions in gold but I am doing ok there also, so why the need to dupe? When I want something I save for it and the satisfaction I get when I finally can buy it is more than enough reward for me.
replace every time you said dupe with the phrase "make $100,000 in real cash". Then it'll all make sense to you.

C

Connor_Graham

These days its so many people cheating that even honest players have began to join in just to keep up with the economy. I myself have never cheated (if you can forgive a lil macro running while dosing off) and where did it get me? I still can't afford any 120 scrolls for my 7 characters or a nice Orny and HOM for my mage suit. I tried going to doom and all i got was a couple of useless maces in 2 weeks after spending 400k on a gold skull and insurance. It just doesn't pay to be honest these days anymore. You can sit here and gripe all you want but it doesn't change a single thing. The rich continue to be rich and the poor continue to be poor in this game.
Not necessarily. If you're talking about your Pacific character here, send me a PM. I'll let you set up a vendor at my house and give you a few tips on what to sell and how to price it. You'll be making gold in no time. I've done that already for another person and they've got more gold now than they ever have before.

C

concernedplayer

It'd be nice if they would shut off xshards permanently, seeing after years of use they still haven't figured out how to keep people from duping with them.

Either that or allow it, but only for your character, not items.

Either that or implement a unique identifier to the item database so for every artifact or high end item, you know the account, character name and exact time an item came into existence, so that if that item ever got duped you could instantly delete them all (and retain that information even as the item is xsharded).

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if they would shut off xshards permanently, seeing after years of use they still haven't figured out how to keep people from duping with them.
I'm not certain that the cross-shard transfers are the source of the dupe. I think the problem with cross-shard transfers is that when someone transfers, the Devs lose all information about where items came from, et cetera, and thus, it makes it difficult (nigh on impossible) to track down the dupers. If all of the recent dupes have been because of the cross-shard transfers, then EA needs to wake up and realize that the damage they're allowing to continually strike the game is NOT worth the $19.95 they make on a transfer.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not certain that the cross-shard transfers are the source of the dupe. I think the problem with cross-shard transfers is that when someone transfers, the Devs lose all information about where items came from, et cetera, and thus, it makes it difficult (nigh on impossible) to track down the dupers. If all of the recent dupes have been because of the cross-shard transfers, then EA needs to wake up and realize that the damage they're allowing to continually strike the game is NOT worth the $19.95 they make on a transfer.
the game is dying on the vine do to cheats. I say enjoy what you want find ways to annoy those that cheat and dont do anything that will encorage them to cheat more as a player. You cant control the business of the game or others only how you react to it. I am willing to waste my invis charges on my old school cloaks for example to keep a speedhacking 24 hour to train up uber leet idiot from getting my insure gold (for example).

It really makes me happy to see one of these tool boxes page on me and waste there time because I disapear when there on top of me and have me targeted. :thumbup:

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it me or did the new dupe, just destroy all the positive flow UO had going.
I'd like to consider myself to be one of the more positive folks, but even my patience is fading. I'll never join the cheater's ranks though, so it's entirely possible I'll just quit and leave. Since I doubt EA will feel or mourn the loss of my monthly dollars, I probably won't even post a goodbye...

:stretcher:

B

blust4

@ galefan...Do you really think there are more hammers around due to the BOD system change? If you are indeed advocating this possibility please note that you are mistaken.

The next time someone flips you a bag with 40 valorite hammers do the math.
(yes this is a reality...more could have been added to the bag but that was all I could carry!)
1 val hammer = 15000 BODs (estimate...more than likely low too!!)
40 val hammers = 600000 BODs
1 BOD crafted filled = about 1 minute
600000 BODs = about 600000 minutes or 10000 hours or 416 days (24/7).
Have you seen the many Chinese on-line game items supply factories? There are so many such companies now. Each typically hire 2000 to 5000 Chinese workers who just run BOD all day if you are assigned to UO division.

Assuming 416 workers are assigned to UO, that is one day, not 416 days. And it is just one Chinese company. There are hundreds of them now. I have seen pictures of such companies. The workers live in the factory and get paid less than $5 a day.

I think OSI's conclusion is wrong. There is no dupe. It is cheap labor in work. The simple solution is to change the code. When a player gets an arti/valo hammer/barbed runic kit, he is unlikely to receive one in another week. That should solve the problem.

D

Deadly Shadow

It is quite dishearted to try try and try some more and still never get great bods to fill. My Legendary Smith on Legends had not gotten a higher bod to fill but for a couple of bronze anvils. I have almost retired him because of the waste of time and resources it takes to fil the bods and when you turn them in you get just so so rewards. :(

K

Kratos Aurion

i dont understand why the original owners of true rares/event items allowed their items to be duped...
Well theres a few reasons why dupes happen. Its not always the rares owners fault but here are a few reasons..

1) Rares dealers that buy/sell rares may not always be dealing with a legitiment player. Its not always easy to tell who you're dealing with without hard evidence that the person is legitiment or a duper.

2) It has nothing to do with rares dealers allowing people to dupe rares. A big part of rare collecting is buying/selling/trading rares for new rares. This is where dupers flourish. They get in the collectors circle to obtain these rares and dupe them for mass profit.

3) I'm not pointing fingers but there are people who pose as legitiment players who have access to vast amounts of wealth and duping techniques (or friends who dupe?). These are probably the hardest to catch due to the fact they..

-Have a positive reputation on the community
-Have good alibis to defend against accusations
-Have friends who defend them

Now this is where a lot of people begin to point fingers at us, rare collectors. A lot of people believe rare collectors are the cause of all "rare" item dupes. Its not always the case ALTHOUGH Im not saying its not possible.

But I believe most of the duping occurs in my 2nd example where non legitiment players (the dupers) obtain the items through wealth or trade and then proceed to dupe.

K

Kratos Aurion

Uh...What does that picture prove???? Nothing....
I think non-blessed shrouds are a misconception to non-collectors. I've even been in arguements in-game where non-collectors think the shrouds came originally blessed.

Event Shrouds NEVER CAME BLESSED. Collectors and players used IBDs (Item Bless Deeds) obtained from the clean up britannia program years before.

*note* IBDs have been a prized duping commodity since their introduction. Buying these from unknown sources should be heeded.

Example.. buying from a characater named Afdsa should be a good hint.

E

Eslake

I don't want to advocate duping, but someone explain to me how it truly hurts the game?

Other than someone making IRL money how does it affect your day to day playing?

Doesn't everyone in the game have the ability to buy these items at a lower cost than if there was no duping?

What if you only have an hour or two per day to play, did you want to spend your two hours mining or lumberjacking instead of maybe PvPing or PvMing?

Does having the ability to buy 100 Mill in Gold check affect someone elses ability to play, if it does they can buy 100 Mill themselves, right?
You can't be serious!
If I lose nothing, they would gain nothing, and they wouldn't be risking thier accounts by duping!

Lets have a Very Obvious scenerio shall we?
-My tailor works his butt off for a week to come up with a barbed kit. Yay, he can sell that for X amount in compense for all those hours.
-But wait, here comes JoeDupes with a bag of 125 duped barb kits - cutting their value in half and flooding the vendors with them so everyone is afraid to buy them for fear of having a duped kit deleted.
-So now, if I manage to find a buyer I will have to settle for so little compared to what I had expected that I would have made more had I just hunted trolls for all those hours.

Duping never helps anyone in any way - except the dupers. It DOES hurt - everyone else.

As to it lowering the prices on artifacts.. here's a no brainer.. why are those prices so high to begin with? ;) Oh yeah, that's right! Duped Gold!

A

AesSedai

Duping never helps anyone in any way - except the dupers. It DOES hurt - everyone else.
- WRONG! Duping will most likely hurt the dupers as well; just as it has hurt everyone else. Maybe not in the game, but in what they took from it.

K

Kratos Aurion

- WRONG! Duping will most likely hurt the dupers as well; just as it has hurt everyone else. Maybe not in the game, but in what they took from it.
This is kind of a silly comment no offense. Dupers intentionally do this to hurt the game. Profit is their only concern. Everything else is meaningless. If someone can dupe in a game and make 6 digits a year, why would they care what happens to the game?

A

AesSedai

- I think you answered it yourself.
They hurt. Were greedy. Were greedy. Don't care.
Maybe not in the game; but I bet it hurt them all-the-same.

K

Kratos Aurion

- I think you answered it yourself.
They hurt. Were greedy. Were greedy. Don't care.
Maybe not in the game; but I bet it hurt them all-the-same.
Maybe I misinterpretted what you were saying but I fail to see the logic behind Dupers hurting Dupers:gee:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am waiting for the day, when EA allows shard transfers from the test center. I guess that could stop dupers seriously. :gee:
On Europe some wellknown gold-bots havent seen for days. It seems like it isnt profitable to run bots for gold farming any longer.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aes Sedai is partially correct. Duping usually rocks the boat for "long term cheaters" (LTC) who rely on UO for a steady income. Usually with a dupe you get a lot of new "brokers" that are looking to cash in and they don't care as much about keeping things stable like the more sophisticated LTC.

Also, it is not like all of the dupers and cheaters are in some type of a brotherhood of scumbags. If you assume that the amount of $ spent on UO largely stays constant in the short term then having more people selling stuff is a direct competition for that $ pie. Many of the LTC also have enough stock for them to stay in cruise control for the next few years. So they don't really need to dupe anymore. As such, they usually hate each other and try their best to get the other one banned.

R

RavenWinterHawk

You can't be serious!
If I lose nothing, they would gain nothing, and they wouldn't be risking thier accounts by duping!

Lets have a Very Obvious scenerio shall we?
-My tailor works his butt off for a week to come up with a barbed kit. Yay, he can sell that for X amount in compense for all those hours.
-But wait, here comes JoeDupes with a bag of 125 duped barb kits - cutting their value in half and flooding the vendors with them so everyone is afraid to buy them for fear of having a duped kit deleted.
-So now, if I manage to find a buyer I will have to settle for so little compared to what I had expected that I would have made more had I just hunted trolls for all those hours.

As to it lowering the prices on artifacts.. here's a no brainer.. why are those prices so high to begin with? ;) Oh yeah, that's right! Duped Gold!
Exactly.

R

RavenWinterHawk

This is kind of a silly comment no offense. Dupers intentionally do this to hurt the game. Profit is their only concern. Everything else is meaningless. If someone can dupe in a game and make 6 digits a year, why would they care what happens to the game?
Dupers arent ever hurt.
A majority, if not all of them sell for RL cash.

To them it doesnt matter if the get the $20 by selling 1 million gold or 100 million gold. The goal is get $20.

I am for selling of items because making selling illegal is fluff. I actually believe it would help the sellers.

I am for EA to seal off dupes and demonstrate via names of player (not real life names) who are booted from the game. The game is their property, I dont know why they are so secretive about action taking.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats exsactly the problem ...just like Raven said ...dont really matter to them how the economy goes then by that time they made loads of RL $$ out of nothing right into their pocket...tax free.

When i talked to thomas the other day i think we came to the conclusion that with one of the big dupe wave where a whole guild ended up banned and dropped the gold from like 7 $$ to 3 $$ a mill, the GM of that guild walked of with anywhere around 40k or more in RL $$.
So even thou he got banned and his guild got banned and he dropped the gold value i fail to see the point where he got hurt.....:rant2::rant2::rant2:

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be naive because I have no idea how you figure out when a dupe is going on. I have a vendor also and the stuff I sell is not selling any faster/slower than usual. I also have no idea what is being duped so am scared to buy anything in game. :sad2:
My hands hurt so I will not be able to type up an epic "Why duping hurts UO" post". I will say YES, it does. It does not matter if your selling the duped items, or making them. It hurts.

The sellers of the duped items will say "But I did not dupe" or any number of absurd logics to justify their actions.

I remember one time many years ago, I had a painting recovered from a shipwreck. I did something, or the game did something, regardless I suddenly had 2 of the same painting. I said lucky me :). In this case I think I did the dupe unbeknownst to me?

The main dupes of 03-04 have been fixed the main dupe had to do with characters droping items, then reverting to a time before the items were droped (from what I know).

How much gold was sent in game and used to buy ligit items? 15 trillion removed and a bunch of accounts banned...ok thats a start. Problem is people were making billions in hours, much of the duped gold is still in game. The accounts banned were, accounts 1-25 of Duper Joe. Remove only 5 or 6 people from the game and you have over 100 accounts banned.

We had the pet dog dupe, that too fixed but at what cost?

One of the most famous "exploits" in the game was around back from the start. People would buy housing deeds in Trammel and sell them back to the NPC's in Fel. People again made BILLIONS of gold, each time they would do this they would buy more deeds, then with their new gold go and repeat the process....that was fixed, we have housing tools now and the adjustmentsd on NPC pricing.

In all games we have dupes/exploits, UO has had and continues to have its fair share. My issue is with all of the sellers of Gold. Does selling the gold directly hurt others...well no. However, lets not try and blow smoke in peoples direction and say "I do not dupe". There is either mass farming of gold by people getting paid pennies a day (we have an ethics issue here) orrrr the gold being sold comes from illegit means...period.

I do not care how many items a person sells/trades by normal game play you can not have a never ending supply of millions of gold. Lets say you have a billion gold and never duped...did you buy the gold? did you camp an IDOC and loot others gold? It does not matter how it was obtained it came from un-normal game play. This is a catch 22...the seller can not verify the "how/where" funds came from, on that same note If a bank robber gave you 100k cash do you take it? Is it not still illegal to have even if you did not rob the bank?

The only way a person can have that much gold is if they were VERY lucky and hit jackpot with some items they have sold in game. Even then a billion gold is NOT easy to come by. The online sellers of gold (brokers) want to make real life money. They could care less about UO, in fact they sell gold items for MANY games. They do not care where the gold/items come from, however turning "a blind eye" to how the gold was obtained, that they just bought in mass for cheap, does not obsolve them of wrong doing.

When people buy the gold they are caught in the mix, many want to remain competative in game and you need 20 million plus to do so. Do you think they person that farmed monsters non stop for 5 or 6 months at 4-5 hours a day wants to then use ALL of their efforts, to buy 1-2 items for absurd amounts of gold? the answer is NO. They would rather spend about 50 bucks online get enough gold they can get anything they want then enjoy playing the game and not have to FARM duing all of their UO time.

Want shock and awe...go online...look up UO dupes/farming/exploits and read some of then many articles of people that have made RL money off of UO. Then think of the ones that did these same things, but only did it enough to remain hidden. I get mad because it belittles all of my/others hard work and time spent on UO getting gold and items.

I think the human mind works in a certain way...for me as much as I LOVE UO. If someone said "Do you want $100,000.00 real life cash?" my ears would peark up, and if they said "all you have to do is dupe gold in UO" I would say "sign me up". 100k is 100k, to hell with UO for 100k in real life cash...thats my way of thinking. The bad news is its a lot of peoples way of thinking and do you blame them? Greed is a B. Real life money pays bills, buys houses/cars/food/life. Its hard to not see what one "could" have simply for abusing a video game.

Just my 2.

L

Lord Kynd

I don't want to advocate duping, but someone explain to me how it truly hurts the game?

Other than someone making IRL money how does it affect your day to day playing?

Doesn't everyone in the game have the ability to buy these items at a lower cost than if there was no duping?

What if you only have an hour or two per day to play, did you want to spend your two hours mining or lumberjacking instead of maybe PvPing or PvMing?

Does having the ability to buy 100 Mill in Gold check affect someone elses ability to play, if it does they can buy 100 Mill themselves, right?

pretty much where i stand too. they don't effect my gameplay, i can still play period.

as far as orny's and other doom item's ,, hmm i remember turning in blackrock and getting some nice stuff, also remember not to long ago a patch that made getting arties in doom easier/ for fair for all.

i think people are seeing lower prices on doom arties and thinking dupe automaticly.

as far as barbed kits and other bod stuff, couldn't that be simple hording , perhaps alot of xsharding ? EA should maybe end xsharding all together ? aye. :thumbup:

also seems like it's the same handfull of people that are quick to point fingers and accusations, hmmmm..

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duping exists because it is coded in. If duping needs to cease, then the ability to dupe needs to cease. I don't know of any dupe personally, that has been done with a 3rd party program, its all been done with internal UO coding and exploiting those mistakes.

Anyone remember smelting hundreds of Bods for ingots and getting rich?
:lol:

Well, rich by the standards of the time anyway :rant2:

Its all game mechanics and abuse of what is allowed, and primarily can be traced back to a lack of proper coding, and REAL QA!

K

Kratos Aurion

Dupers arent ever hurt.
A majority, if not all of them sell for RL cash.

To them it doesnt matter if the get the $20 by selling 1 million gold or 100 million gold. The goal is get $20.

I am for selling of items because making selling illegal is fluff. I actually believe it would help the sellers.

I am for EA to seal off dupes and demonstrate via names of player (not real life names) who are booted from the game. The game is their property, I dont know why they are so secretive about action taking.

Thats basically the jist of the what I was trying to gather out of AesSedai's comment where dupers hurt dupers.

Even if LTC's lose profit, most of the people who dupe Im willing to bet have a career of some sort or a second income. (perhaps cheating in other games?). And since duping comes and goes, LTCs only lose a fractional margin of their income for a short period of time.

A

AesSedai

- My comment, well the end of it, was directed more towards them hurting themselves overall & not just within the game. The only way they hurt themselves in the game is if they enjoy the game (because cheating has definitely slowed UO's development down a few times over the years. And, if they enjoy the game, then they are just ruining the aspect of achieving a goal by cheating in order to aquire what they want ~ something about missing the good life from being handed a silver spoon).
I tend to believe that people quite often learn from games and apply the lessons they've learned to their life; and that can hurt a lot more than being banned from a game; and can hurt a lot more than themselves. Sad thing is that cheaters are pretty skilled in the art of denial, so they don't even realize what they're doing to themselves as well as others.
/imo

J

Joyous2K

The problem here is your using a very morally bankrupt definition of real life economics and applying it to an online game, which in itself is completely ridiculous and incorrect. Using real life examples for the UO economy is comparing apples and refrigerators. I don't mean to discredit your long winded speech on how you want the world but don't want to spend the time to get it, but I don't think that is correct at all.

The UO economy is balanced without duping and cheating. The cheating and duping lowers prices, yes, but once again, this is being done by exploiting. Since we are using real life examples and erroneous economics classes and applying them to UO, it's like finding gas is too expensive, so you go over and shoot up a gas station to fill your car up. The gas will be cheap, but you just killed a few people and broke several laws to get it. Cheaper is better right?

The UO economy is actually very simple, if all items were gained legitimately, things would be balanced. Sorry for those who want everything for nothing, and hate working towards something, but EA made items hard to get for a reason, if you don't like that, then there are games like Second Life where you don't need to work to play the game, UO as an MMORPG has that gameplay element that rewards hard work with high end items, that's part of the genre.

Duping and cheating are the main reasons why UO's subscriptions are declining, with more players you would have more items, and more high end items would be introduced through players hard work, there's no crazy economic factors involved, just playing the game fairly. Sorry to break it to everyone, but thats the simple answer thats been staring everyone in the face, while everyone looks all around making excuses and blaming EA for an economy they were ultimately responsible for as an online community.
You quoted my whole comment. There were two sentences with a real life example. As far as REAL MONEY is concerned, cheapest is best. I know you are not getting it, because you are applying the make believe UO game to an actual real life economy generated through items in the game. THe real world cares not how the money is gotten, it only cares that the money is gotten. This is true when spending REAL MONEY. REAL PEOPLE want to spend LESS REAL MONEY to get items which are unobtainable to them.

My real world example was to show that even the US govt., arguably the most patriotic government that ever existed in the entire history of the world, buys its iconic symbol from communists because communists sell it cheaper. Cheaper is generally best when items are identical. How am I way off? How is this an unrealistic real world example demonstrating how real economics works?

Here I will make it simpler.... American American flags cost 1 dollar per flag. Chinese American flags cost 0.75 dollars and are identical to American American flags. What one is cheaper?

Here is a UO example to show you how real dollars are used to sell virtual items.... Mr. Doright sells powerswords for 1 dollar per sword. Mr. Duper sells powerswords for 0.75 dollars per sword and they are identical to Mr Doright's powerswords. Which one is cheaper?

Now are you starting to get it? This is not fake. Real money has a real value. If you have two values that are different, one is more than the other. Right?

There is obviously a market in this. THe market is driven by how ridiculously difficult UO has made it to acquire the items. This brings in specialists to get those items for a REAL WORLD fee. So, just to clarify, this is not some way off base analogy, this is what is occurring in UO and the economy that is/was created by it.

So what about the real people, real money, spending less real money, etc do you not understand? This is not analogy. This is real. The real world economy is what brings scripts dupes and the rest into UO. They don't come for the fantasy role play.

So sure, YOUR example is an idiotic one. Yours is about murder or something because you can't afford your SUV, right? Murder is clearly against the law and that would not get your gasoline at a lower price. The market price for gasoline would still be the same. Do you know what a market is? Do you know what prices are? Your example might work if you were talking about a game example of someone getting ganked for their reagents (you murdered to steal their "fuel") but it has absolutley nothing to do with any kind of economy and really just shows your failure in comprehension. I am sorry.

But cheating in video games is not such a black white case in the REAL WORLD as murder is. Actually, have there been any REAL WORLD cases brought against cheaters in video games? Maybe you could be the first to sue someone over the loss in virtual value (or who knows, maybe even in real value) to your powersword after it was duped.

I don't think you understood my original post in the least and read the words "American," "flag," and "Chinese" in the same sentence and got bent out of shape. But seriously, balance your checkbook. Figure out how some things cost more than others and some things cost less. That may be a good beginner step. Maybe we can get some diagrams up.

OK
This guy - :thumbup1: - is selling :heart::heart: for 1 dollar.
and
This guy - :sad2: -is selling :heart: for 1 dollar.

So what one makes more economic sense to you?

You can have TWO pixel images of a heart for 1 dollar
OR
You can have ONE pixel image of a heart for 1 dollar

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well all the excuses still dont make it legal.

Its hurting people , that end up having stuff deleted , just because maybe they dont spend all day on stratics and the UO homepage does not have a warning out for dupes.

It hurts the honest players because they cant compede with the prices the dupers and or scripters sell their wares at...

It hurts me because all the little shops i used to go to are all closing one by one because of the "dealers" in Luna

Please dont just go out waering pink glasses and excuse your buying up the Elite Items for low prices, by EA wont do nothing anyways...
A whole lot of people did that when buying their colored shrouds and vinecords only seeing their mony go down the toilet after those items got deleted....

http://tomas-bryce.blogspot.com/