• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it just me...

• Thread starter Richard Pryor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Richard Pryor

...or is putting a roof on your house really freakin' hard?

Just to clarify, I mean UO roof.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
...or is putting a roof on your house really freakin' hard?

Just to clarify, I mean UO roof.
Oh no It is a serious pain I have never been able to get it right lol

R

Richard Pryor

I got one on and halfway decent looking except that it looks like its leaning to one side.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't do it, no matter how carefully I try to follow the 'step by step' guides. :(

M

Millie

well I have mastered the basic roof. I found you need to make sure your house wall are in one space smaller then your lot. It makes a big difference on how it looks. Some start form the top but i had better luck starting form the bottom. Doing one row across on the each side and then moving up one row until they meet. If you look in homes and castles there is a pretty good guild form some of the better decorators on how to do it, but frankly they were to complicated for me to figure out.

This is one of our vendor houses on another shard.

S

Sunrise

Get drunk..then work on your home..thats the best kind....

Speaking of which..will someone point me in the way of my house???

G

Gawin

for roofs to fit worth a damn it need to be an ODD number of tiles on the width side of the roof.

you have the center line of tiles then = number down each side.

But yes it is a total PITA

S

Sunrise

Ok thanks...but where is your house??? :p

Plz tell me it has a fancy roof on it :D Speaking of which..someday I will work on me roof. I do have some ideas I have seen from other homes that I want to run with but we shall see how that goes..

So RP...How is your roof going? any luck so far?

K

kalzaketh

goodone,I never worry about apitched roof to hard to water plants on. :)

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I have mastered the basic roof. I found you need to make sure your house wall are in one space smaller then your lot. It makes a big difference on how it looks. Some start form the top but i had better luck starting form the bottom. Doing one row across on the each side and then moving up one row until they meet. If you look in homes and castles there is a pretty good guild form some of the better decorators on how to do it, but frankly they were to complicated for me to figure out.

This is one of our vendor houses on another shard.

That one looks great, I just use an old classic style myself. I like them better.

M

Millie

Thank you. Had fun making it. I like the custom just because you can decorate them . lol.