• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it just me, or are my deeds not really worthy of praise?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill a monster at a spawn. "Your deeds in the city of Yew are worthy of praise."
Is it just me, or is that empty noise? Am I REALLY gaining citizenship points?

@Kyronix, please display my actual point value on the Loyalty Rating so I can be sure. Placebo Effect isn't doing omelet for me.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My city loyalty has never changed as a result of killing kazillions of spawn critters.
I want to see an integer value please @Kyronix

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love how people still use omelette, pancake, waffle etc. in their posts. It's been like two years and I still smile when I see those - such a great accidentally created site joke.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems to me that while playing a game based on Virtues... we seem to be more and more encouraged to do things that are less and less virtuous.

Destruction of Magincia is a HUGE one in that... Those who wanted to protect the city were really given a hard time for luring the white demons OUT of the city to kill them...

Most activity anymore is geared to soloistic and greedy play... there is little benefit to working with a group or doing things with a group... drop rates are lower, the potential to get "the drop" is less with more people around... encouraging folk to solo things and not invite others.

I believe that they should increase the drops and the drop rate with the more people that participate... raising drops and the likelihood for getting the "rare" drops with the more people would encourage people to work together and join guilds and such again... Building the community which in turn keeps people happy and playing more...

Just my opinion... but if they geared drop rates in places like Doom, the Roof, Destard, and all the Peerless bosses to have greater drop rate and better loot based on party size I think that would encourage more people to do things as a group... Also, they should then make it so everyone in a party still gets their own instance loot... the way it is now all the loot for a party is communal... which really again discourages people from wanting to work together.

This should also apply to champ spawns... Perhaps raising the chance to get higher level scrolls with larger parties.

And a side note on that... these parties should be of differing IPs... To discourage the use of just partying up with your own characters to get better loot.

Blargety

Journeyman
Seems to me that while playing a game based on Virtues... we seem to be more and more encouraged to do things that are less and less virtuous.

Destruction of Magincia is a HUGE one in that... Those who wanted to protect the city were really given a hard time for luring the white demons OUT of the city to kill them...

Most activity anymore is geared to soloistic and greedy play... there is little benefit to working with a group or doing things with a group... drop rates are lower, the potential to get "the drop" is less with more people around... encouraging folk to solo things and not invite others.

I believe that they should increase the drops and the drop rate with the more people that participate... raising drops and the likelihood for getting the "rare" drops with the more people would encourage people to work together and join guilds and such again... Building the community which in turn keeps people happy and playing more...

Just my opinion... but if they geared drop rates in places like Doom, the Roof, Destard, and all the Peerless bosses to have greater drop rate and better loot based on party size I think that would encourage more people to do things as a group... Also, they should then make it so everyone in a party still gets their own instance loot... the way it is now all the loot for a party is communal... which really again discourages people from wanting to work together.

This should also apply to champ spawns... Perhaps raising the chance to get higher level scrolls with larger parties.

And a side note on that... these parties should be of differing IPs... To discourage the use of just partying up with your own characters to get better loot.
100% agree with this. Ultima is still considered an MMO, and groups of players who can work together should thrive in more ways than just the speed at which they can farm something.

Always bothered me seeing dozens of posts titled “How can I solo X end game piece of content,” when there is close to zero, “This is how my group was able to surpass Y end game piece of content,” posts.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we had an option to just turn that bearclawing message off. It fills up my waffle-ing screen so bad I can’t read any chat or see party messages.

It’s a royal pain in the baked Alaska !