• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it effective to work bard skills by casting the masteries?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As title suggests. Thinking of buying a mythic token to make a bard.

Thanks

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. As long as you have 90 actual skill Cetric, you can gain by casting the masteries. Put on a max lmc, high mana regen suit and have at it. I know I'm thinking the same thing as well, just don't feel like working disco again. Ever. Never ever lol.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. As long as you have 90 actual skill Cetric, you can gain by casting the masteries. Put on a max lmc, high mana regen suit and have at it. I know I'm thinking the same thing as well, just don't feel like working disco again. Ever. Never ever lol.
same here man, same here. I just need to debate what the heck kindof template i want to run, sine a bard has so much skill tied up in barding.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same here man, same here. I just need to debate what the heck kindof template i want to run, sine a bard has so much skill tied up in barding.
I understand that. So many options. A pure bard is still very viable, but I tend to tailor my bards to specific spawn/situations. My current favorite is still the mystic bard, but they suck if you get into something that dispels constantly. I still play a classic mage/bard, with 120 music, disco and provo along with mage/med/eval. This is still a very effective template. My disco archer is fun, as well as the disco tamer. So many choices, so little time. :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do my pure bard, with Magery and Meditation.
I built him with a mythic token 90 in the 3 bard skills, magery and poison. (Med and Music gain fast enough that its not a big deal. For field PvP I may stone off one of the bard skill and swap it for poisoning to drop those DP fields at spawns. But otherwise its pure bard. (Also have a Pretty nuts 3x 120 bard with wrestling meditation and chiv. And 4/6 casting.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wrestle?
for disarm?

i thought you needed anat or tact for it to be really good to have on a mage anymore.
i miss the days that wrestle made it so you couldnt be interrupted *sigh*

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrestle is enough. I have overkill of 70 DCI before preservance. Witht he 4/6 chiv I can heal/cure and res quickly. With wrestling I can disarm or para hit so that I'm not a soft target.
Pretty much a 100% defensive template.
When adding in the masteries provo is really good for gank squad, and peace is really good for being the underdog.
In either case the extra HP from Invigorate or the damage reduction from preservance, typically allow me to ignore a good portion of the initiating damage I receive when attacked for the first time.
I also have a peace/provo myst focus wrestle bard. Similar to the chiv bard, but can contribute alot of damage in a gank squad, and gets significant damage reduction from stone form and preservance. Its very tight on mana, but you can sacrifice one of the bard skills for meditation if you really plan on casting alot but you're buffs wont be as good.