• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Is It Better To......

S

soulstoner

I don't know - but offer:

Common reports and experience seem to indicate, if you go to a particular dock monger which you have a pending quest to <or> from --- before that particular monger's quest is delivered/complete &/or ready to turn into , you seem to loose reputation.

Given that; if you do take on multiple quests ... it may be behooveful to keep tabs of the particular dock monger who gave you the quest since that information is not noted on the crate (as well as associated drop off dickmonger) so as not to attempt a drop off at a pending dock monger location &/or head over to accept a quest from a particular dock monger which you have a crate pending fulfillment... to minimize risk of loosing reputation that is not quantitatively measurable at this time...if it does in fact exist:mf_prop:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fish one quest at a time or do multiple quest?

Personally, I prefer doing one at a time because I have hit bad streaks of multiple one or 2 lines orders and it sucks to waste away my hard fished stuff over 7 or 8 orders all of 1 or 2 lines....

And, mind you, I have so far done already in excess of 600 fishing orders (I have about 2k each of all the most common baits...), have so many "rare" books, lava poles and traps that I am running out ot room....

No, powerscrolls, though some say they are easy to get as a walk in the park, I do not get.

In all those fishing quests I got like 5 or 6 105s and 2 110s of which I ate one.

Fine with me, I am not complaining with the harshness to get those scrolls, I do complain with the people who say they are ubiquitous and I have my complaints about the way the fishing orders handle rewards as I think it is mistaken. I have seen MUCH worse orders give much better rewards than MUCH better orders and this is flat wrong, IMHO.

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you guy's for the help:thumbup1: myself i think i will stay at one quest at a time,im in no hurry,and im having fun anyway.

G

Gowron

I'll get 1 quest and if it's a 1 or 2 liner, I'll pick up a 2nd or 3rd. Usually after that I've got a 5 liner or better to work with.

S

soulstoner

thank you guy's for the help:thumbup1: myself i think i will stay at one quest at a time,im in no hurry,and im having fun anyway.
So you're just in it for the 'fun' of fishing - :p that's nice. Be nifty if you had some of the deeds still tucked away.
see this is what i did, i said the hell with the 120 scroll early on.i got fed up fast but i knew people would keep doing the quest,that's when i picked my pole back up, got my trap's all ready and went to town,i fished for day's both land and boat
deeded all my fish and crab's and sold them, to the toon of 350 mill in 3 week's:thumbsup:now if i ever want a 120 fishing scroll ill just buy it:D
that tale stuck in my head from jump...always wondered if 350 wasn't exaggerated or typoed.

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guy's that's no typo that is right i have sold 350 mill in fish and yes im now doing quest agn and yes i do them for the fun of it, i have made all the gold i want and it was on one of the deadest shards, legend's:thumbup1: also yes i still have a lot of deed's and yes my vendor is still stocked up and sell a lot of fish still :mf_prop:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guy's that's no typo that is right i have sold 350 mill in fish and yes im now doing quest agn and yes i do them for the fun of it, i have made all the gold i want and it was on one of the deadest shards, legend's:thumbup1: also yes i still have a lot of deed's and yes my vendor is still stocked up and sell a lot of fish still :mf_prop:

Just out of curiosity, since 350 millions is quite some gold, you either must have been sold tons of crabs, lobsters and fish or you must have sold them at a high price each or, perhaps, even both.

Question is, how much have you been selling your named crabs/lobsters for each ?
How much have you been selling your shallow or deep water or dungeon fish each for, respectively ?

Which of them you have seen as selling more often, i.e. the most ?

You have been selling on Legends, right ?

Thanks and congrats.

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my vendors are still up in luna south exit the house with all the stuff on the roof, still have the same prices as when i started selling.i do have to post that with all the fish and crabs that i sold, i also sold 4, 110 scrolls and 7, 105 scrolls the 105 sold for 3 mill per and the 110 sold for 12 mill per and that was also in the 350 mill, sorry if i mislead anyone

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, it is best to do one quest at a time. I had started doing that since I noticed that you got reputation loss, by picking up new order with same type of fish, if the 1st one had not already been turned in.

The problem was supposed to had been fixed in pub 69. It is simply a different problem now. But still not fixed. I had continued single quests up until a couple days ago. Just the other day, I tried to do some multi quests. What I find is happening now, instead of losing reputation, you simply get a repeat for the same number of fish type again.

Example:
20 fred lobster to Papua (still in my boat)
15 fish
10 fish
15 fish
20 fish
20 fish

Next order that came up for fred lobsters
20 Fred lobsters to moonglow
20 fish
15 fish
10 fish

By the way the sytem works, the fred lobsters for this order should have dropped to 10. At least I did not loose reputation for the order, but no simply have a repeat for the same thing. It seems to affect mostly the type of fish that is at the top of the order.

I have similar orders, that are in the boat, where the top number of fish type did not change, due to the fact that I had not turned them in yet.

So for me once I get the quests turned in, it will be back to single quests for me.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my vendors are still up in luna south exit the house with all the stuff on the roof, still have the same prices as when i started selling.i do have to post that with all the fish and crabs that i sold, i also sold 4, 110 scrolls and 7, 105 scrolls the 105 sold for 3 mill per and the 110 sold for 12 mill per and that was also in the 350 mill, sorry if i mislead anyone

Wow, nice selling 105s at 3 millions each and 110s at 12 millions each.........