• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Is inscription really this much of a bother?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Finally GM'd inscription for the first time on any character, trying for a spellbook with magery and meditation. Character has 115 magery, GM inscription and talisman with 18 inscription/21 exceptional. I spent a couple hours rounding up 25k scrolls and made 2800 spellbooks. Not a single one with magery + meditation. Does this sound like just the usual bad luck, or are there any other factors I should consider (other than trying to buy one in general chat)? Thanks for advice.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally GM'd inscription for the first time on any character, trying for a spellbook with magery and meditation. Character has 115 magery, GM inscription and talisman with 18 inscription/21 exceptional. I spent a couple hours rounding up 25k scrolls and made 2800 spellbooks. Not a single one with magery + meditation. Does this sound like just the usual bad luck, or are there any other factors I should consider (other than trying to buy one in general chat)? Thanks for advice.

when i did similar had 120 magery 120 med 120 eval gm inscribe got some decent numbers per books/scrolls burnt for slayers what i was looking for not sure if other skills were needed but what build was plus a library totem that was maxed out

random numb er generator in uo is very finicky think high magery though makes a difference

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Update - I quit trying after going through another 25k scrolls with still not one spellbook with both magery and meditation. This is still possible, isn't it?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks. Is it just me, or does anybody else wonder if inscribing spellbooks should be more like imbuing rather than totally random - and why we have to spend a half day before we can buy 500 scrolls at a time?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Imbuing spellbooks would be nice, aye. Or at least having a way to "reforge" them would be of great help when trying to get decent books.
And I surely hate having to work up vendors to be able to buy a decent amount of scrolls...