• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is GM poisoning better than 80 poisoning?

G

Heard some people said that GM poisoning make people harder to cure, and does more damage than 80 skill poisoning.... even though they do the same level 5 poison but there are still have different....is that ture?

G

Unless they change it is poison plus weapon skill. so with 120 fencing you only need 80 poisoning, as the max number is 200 for the 2 skills combined. (same rules applies to magery i believe.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

The 200 total points only applies to magery and casting deadly poison 2 tiles away and deadly poison fields.

Infectious strike works differently.

The poisoning skill applies different levels of poison at different poisoning skill levels. In addition to this, your poisoning skill acts as a percentage chance your poison that you deliver will be bumped up a level.

-Fencing/swords has nothing to do with it.
-80 poisoning is the minimum skill to deliver deadly poison every time.
-At 80 poisoinng you deal deadly poison with an 80% chance for leathal.
-At 90 poisoning you deal deadly poison with a 90% chance for lethal.
-At 100 you deal lethal 100% of the time.
-At 79 you deal greater poison with a 79% chance for deadly.

(And its the same lethal poison to answer the original question.)

I know its not 200 points total because I've been running 110 fencing 80 poison for forever. Lethal poisson w/ occassional deadly.

(You can even try 50 fence /100 poison on test. Leathal every time.)

-Chad

T

Trailer Trash

I dont agree,
i have a 120/80 poisoner and i apply deadly poison to my weapon and i always get the message " your precise attack increases the level of the poison by 1".
I did this 48 times to test it and i got that every time. I assume 1 level higher than deadly is lethal? True lethal or fifth level poison was removed from the game a while ago, back then lethal poison could not be cured it always meant death.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

I dont agree,
i have a 120/80 poisoner and i apply deadly poison to my weapon and i always get the message " your precise attack increases the level of the poison by 1".
I did this 48 times to test it and i got that every time. I assume 1 level higher than deadly is lethal? True lethal or fifth level poison was removed from the game a while ago, back then lethal poison could not be cured it always meant death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's put this myth to rest.

You are right about Lethal Poison (Level 5 Poison) not being possible to deal to someone in the past. I'm not sure when it changed but today there are two ways. With having 80+ Poisoning and dealing an Infectious Strike or by casting the Necromancy spell Evil Omen before you deal the poison.

Before I show the screenshots from test remember: The level of poison you deal can be determined by the text that appears above your target.

Lesser Poison = "[name] Looks ill."
Poison = "[name] looks extremely ill."
Greater Poison = "[name] stumbles around in pain and confusion."
Deadly Poison = "[name] is wracked with extreme pain."
Lethal Poison = "[name] begins to spasm uncontrollably."

There are 5 different messages describing 5 different poisons. So yes, Lethal Poison does exist.

Screenshot #1:

Text Above Target: "a skeleton begins to spasm uncontrollably."
Poison Level Increased Message: Yes.
Poison Dealt: Lethal Poison
Fencing: 120.0
Poisoning: 80.0
Total Points: 200.0

Myth = This is expected. The player should deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time.
Reality = This is just a possibility. Lethal Poison is dealt 80% of the time.

Screenshot #2:

Text Above Target: "a skeleton is wracked with extreme pain."
Poison Level Increased Message: No.
Poison Dealt: Deadly Poison
Fencing: 120.0
Total Points: 200.0

Myth = This should not be possible. With Fencing + Poison = 200.0 should deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time.
Reality = It took a couple tries on test, but a couple tries is expected. With 80.0 Poisoning you deal Deadly Poison 20% of the time and Lethal only 80% of the time.

Screenshot #3

Text Above Target: "a zombie begins to spasm uncontrollably."
Poison Level Increased Message: Yes.
Poison Dealt: Lethal Poison
Fencing: 70.0
Total Points: 150.0

Myth = This should not be possible. Fencing + Poisoning total is less than 200.0 and Lethal Poison should not be possible.
Reality = Fencing has nothing to do with the level of poison dealt. (It does, but only with Magery.) 80.0 Poisoning will give you a 80% chance to bump your poisoning 1 level and will give you an 80% chance of dealing Lethal Poison.

-The only way to deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time with Infectious Strike is by having 100.0 Poisoning.

G

I think someone needs to sticky Chad's post. I only run through the profession forums once in awhile, and each time there seems to be a new question regarding 80 vs 100 skill.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

It already got stickied over on the Assassin's forum here: Link

You can point them to that one if someone asks.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"You are right about Lethal Poison (Level 5 Poison) not being possible to deal to someone in the past. "

That is incorrect. You could, but not with crafted deadly poison. Back then the only way to get level 5 was to get poison potions off a poison elemental. It really was a bugged feature, but Poison pots off a poison elemental sold for 1k each back in 99. I had a good trustworthy merchant that kept me supplied for 1k a pot when I went bounty hunting. Level 5 and a Hally was a sweat combo.